1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 18 hours, 49 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 5 hours, 10 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 11 hours, 49 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 22 hours, 10 minutes
+ Reply to Thread

Scammer (Arch Magus / Arch Bishop) transferred to Behemoth

This is a cross-post of one made on the official SE forums:

Just a word of warning to any potential FCs out there that might recruit this guy..

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...acter/3335722/

He was in our FC on Leviathan for a few months, in our of our Turn 5 farm groups. For a while since housing was announced, we were saving gil to buy one. This guy had been in our FC for a while, and we had no idea how much money he had, just that he had a good deal of it. He was a long time crafter and made a lot of money gathering, crafting and selling on the markets. He had over 100m to his name, some suspected more, but we had multiple (what seemed like at the time) legit screenshots of his available money.

As we were building up to buy a large house, he offered to make a 'angel investment' in our house, as long as we covered a good chunk of the cost ourselves. So, we started saving up to cover our portion, we get everything in place, and we all go (him included) to the residential district to buy it. Since he was covering the majority of the cost, he asked us to give him out portion, and he'd buy it.

Up till now, we had no reason to doubt that this guy was anything but honest. He had loaned many members of the FC money, and we had paid him back. He never did anything sketchy. He was known to troll guildmembers during raids in very minor ways. "I've only got 15 more minutes before I have to go, so let's make this last one count!" after 2 hours of practicing T5, and getting close. (he didn't really have to go, he was dedicated to getting it down like we were) Harmless trolling. But it was kind of part of his personality.

So when we were doing the countdown to him buying the lot, he is doing his Rho dance and whatever, then disconnects. Hahaha, yeah yeah, we all saw that one coming. Then a few minutes later he comes back online and goes "Yeah, sorry, couldn't resist!" Then he leaves the FC, disconnects, and server transfers to Behemoth, taking our many millions of gil with him.

So, just be warned.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

If a deal sounds too good to be true....

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

If he server transferred I assume he bought a ton of materia or something in order to escape that gil cap?
    Unfortunate and while I echo Brill's statement I can see how something like this would happen.

Shirai

Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave View Post
    If a deal sounds too good to be true....
    You can say that with much ease, but if you read the warning thread on the official forums you'll see that this guy went through great lengths to gain the trust of these people.

Quote Originally Posted by Mina View Post
    If he server transferred I assume he bought a ton of materia or something in order to escape that gil cap?
    As far as I could read, the guy does lack something of a brain and transfered with all the gil on him.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Shirai View Post
    As far as I could read, the guy does lack something of a brain and transfered with all the gil on him.
    ...isn't the transfer limit like 1 mil? fucking rofl

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Shirai View Post
    You can say that with much ease, but if you read the warning thread on the official forums you'll see that this guy went through great lengths to gain the trust of these people.

Why on God's green Earth would I ever go to the OF? We're not new to Final Fantasy or the scams that go along with them. Look at the XI player warning sections, the pages upon pages upon pages of people just like the OP that got duped. This isn't new and it's extremely easy for me to say what I said. Because at this point in the land of MMO's this is the norm, not the exception.

I'm not saying it doesn't suck. But I would think at this point people would be a bit more wary about where their loot is going.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Khadgar

I'm honestly surprised that there are not more warnings for this game then there are now.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Mizaru View Post
    I'm honestly surprised that there are not more warnings for this game then there are now.
    I don't see anything in FFXIV that is worth posting a warning, but this just my personal opinion. Also, people who has played and have been a member on here and seen tons of FFXI player warning threads should know better then to trust people with that kind of money.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Khadgar

Quote Originally Posted by Angeleus View Post
    Also, people who has played and have been a member on here and seen tons of FFXI player warning threads should know better then to trust people with that kind of money.
    It's not just FFXI, WoW have people like that too. Guild Leaders starting guilds just to have the members build up the bank before kicking everyone out. Guild leaders not coming online for 90 days and having the next in line be auto-promoted, then that person steals the entire guild bank. There should be a police style record for people playing MMOs, lol.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Mizaru View Post
    It's not just FFXI, WoW have people like that too. Guild Leaders starting guilds just to have the members build up the bank before kicking everyone out. Guild leaders not coming online for 90 days and having the next in line be auto-promoted, then that person steals the entire guild bank. There should be a police style record for people playing MMOs, lol.
    "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

Randall Terry

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indomitable Will
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

if he logged out before he would have had time to buy stuff on the market board he probably transferred gil to other characters on server before he left.