1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 43 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 16 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 13 hours, 43 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 20 hours, 16 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

SE Banning for use of FFXIV-App

Obviously the only way they'd know if you're using it is if you talk about it in game, so I guess it's time to be hush hush about it. Same probably goes for ACT and any other third party program.

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/commen..._for_ffxivapp/

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

time to pick a fight.

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

They should place a call and ask to speak to someone who actually knows what they're talking about, SE is fully aware of/has given the O.K. on app's use.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

Hitting up Matt and Robert on twitter first, Ill escalate if need be. need to get icehunter in this thread to show his proof as well

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Quote Originally Posted by Cairthenn View Post
    They should place a call and ask to speak to someone who actually knows what they're talking about, SE is fully aware of/has given the O.K. on app's use.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought all we had for that was the authors word and no actual proof for ourselves SE said this. Plus that was back when it was just a parser. It's a lot more than that now. I've always viewed it the same as any other app we use. Use it but never talk about it in game.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

I make it a habit not to mention this kind of thing in chat because of playing 11 for so long, but that dude must have had someone who was pissed off at him make a GM call. Someone that knew he said something in chat like that. Why else would they comb through it just to find that? Doesn't make any sense... In FC no less...

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Time to get some 100% clarification one way or another; a few in my FC talk about logs and post numbers during our official runs and I don't want any of them getting slammed. I'll make sure its a don't-tell policy temporarily, though, unless its over vent.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought all we had for that was the authors word and no actual proof for ourselves SE said this. Plus that was back when it was just a parser. It's a lot more than that now. I've always viewed it the same as any other app we use. Use it but never talk about it in game.
    Sure but the guy was specifically using it for the parse functionality and that's what the GM hit him for.

People in the OF talk about using App all the time and none of them seem to have been hit for it, nor have any GMs or mods stepped in to give a warning that it's against ToS.

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Sasagawa - OF
    Yoshi noted that he has no issue with parsing to improve yourself. however it very clearly states in the TOS that using third party software to effect other players gaming experience is against the TOS.

IN this case it wasnt the fact you were using a parser it was the fact that you were using it to monitor other players which is not allowed.

Tbh i can totally agree with the GMs decision while you may or may not of intentionally meant to upset the player fact is you should keep things like comparing parser results to voice chat and close game friends.
    Haha, these people.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

We've contacted our rep and will keep you updated with any answers we get.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I am the person who posted on Reddit and received the warning to my account.

I was in a Duty Finder Ultima and called out a monk for doing 70DPS less than I was doing while I had to run ballad for 2 complete MP draining sessions during the fight.

The MNK reported me for using a 3rd party program even though I didn't say in party chat that I was using a parser, just mentioned being 70DPS ahead of him so he guessed I was using a parser.

The chat text the GM was referencing was me talking in FC Chat during or after the DF Ultima completed (in a fail without a win, no less).

I never admitted (and still don't) to using the FFXIV-APP personally. I told him (as you can see) that someone on voice-chat with me was telling me my DPS amount.

The GM then decided to issue a warning to my account for "talking about" the FFXIV-APP, not using it.

I also received an email confirming my in-game account has received a warning against it.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

and the email confirmation about a warning against my account says I was using a 3rd party application....not discussing using one...so he said he was issuing a warning for "advocating" the use of a 3rd party application...but gave out a warning for the usage of instead....probably isn't an auto-email that's any different though nor do they probably care about the difference in their warning system.

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Bit of a tangent here, but what the hell is the "UNKNOWN" on the parser?

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

No source/target/amount (needs all three to be valid) I will be removing that in the next version. Which also has a layout change which I hope everyone will be happy with ^^

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Damn word get out fast

lol poor GM didn't think he was going to start a shitstorm by just doing his jobs lol

Now the community need yoshi-p himself to clear this stuff up

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

The GM then decided to issue a warning to my account for "talking about" the FFXIV-APP, not using it.
    This company lol.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Quote Originally Posted by Ggrab View Post
    lol poor GM didn't think he was going to start a shitstorm by just doing his jobs lol
    He wasn't doing his job, though. He took it much farther that was both necessary and warranted. It's a lack of knowledge on his part as to what the boundries are.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zettai Ryouiki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

And thus the Windower saga (v. XIV) begins.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helmut Lang
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I think it's funny that the GM would do this as if the internet didn't exist.

Crackodactyl
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

The GM's wording.... He's like a bad cop just LOOKING for an issue.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast