+ Reply to Thread
    23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

Advent Saga - Indie Tactical Card Game

Hey guys. I havent been around for a long while but I wanted to show off a game that I've been designing for the past year (along with Tsukiyome, Zealot and a team of artists). Advent Saga is a tactical card game in the sense that it's played on a 4x4 board and the battle phase is more akin to Tactical RPGs rather than normal CCGs. By properly maneuvering your Armada, picking your battles and utilizing other types of cards to fortify your force, the goal is to decimate your opponent's morale.

Right now there's absolutely nothing to sell, we're just trying to get the word out since we just started beta sign-ups. We'll be releasing a lot of promotional material as well as tutorials for those who are interested in how the game plays. You can view the trailer that we had running on the streams at APEX2014 below.

If you're at all interested in card games (we plan on going digital first for financial and balancing reasons), strategy games, or even tactical RPGs, feel free to check us out at AdventSaga.net

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

HOW WOULD YOU SAY IT COMPARES TO SETTLERS OF CATAN?

23 years old

BG Level

Oh you

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsu Kiyome
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Oh hey, it's our game! :D

But no, if you even have a slight interest in CCGs, please do check us out. The feedback we got from Apex was that our game was fresh, varied, VERY WELL BALANCED, and fun.

Banned.

BG Level

Looks good man been following along on FB. Looking forward to this coming out in iOS

23 years old

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post

Advent Saga is a Digital Tactical Card Game (DTCG) that combines the excitement and traditions of popular card games, with the strategic, all-out war elements of Tactical RPGs. Utilizing a 4x4 battlefield for deep new possibilities in combat and maneuverability, Advent Saga gives players deeper control of their actions and strategy than traditional CCGs. It is a science fiction epic, putting the player in the position of battling for galactic control while unraveling the mystery of how the war began.

Pro-Gen Studios is an independent development group comprised of designers, artists, developers, and writers with backgrounds in MMOs, fighting games, and traditional tabletop games. They have been collaborating on Advent Saga since January 2013, offering a unique sci-fi gaming and media experience to casual and competitive gamers alike.

- Strategically deploy your forces across a unique 4x4 Battleground and employ precision tactics in an effort to outmaneuver your opponents forces.

- Assemble the perfect military force around your Advent, the unique, always in-play, character card that represents the core of your strategy and key to your victory.

- ARMADA: Military units possessing stats (Attack, Defense, and Range) and abilities to establish Battleground presence.

- TACTICS: Instant-use cards that can control and alter the flow of battle.

- GEARS: Enhancements and weaponry to fortify your Armada and gain the upper hand.

- Produce Resources from any card in your deck to power your forces.

- Utilize powerful Keyword abilities like Stealth to slip unseen through your opponent's forces, Push to force targets across the Battleground, and Override to disrupt their Strategies

Launching this year on PC/Mac/iOS/Android.
    Back it at Kickstarter and gain access to the upcoming beta and more. Other potential backer rewards include a comic book for those who may not be into card games but want a story. Physical playtester kit for people who want to learn how to play before launch and have a copy of the game to show friends.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ical-card-game
    Qal is a pal

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

the penny arcade stretch goal amuses me.

luckily things have worked out well the last few months and i have some spending money.

had.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Kickstarter failed, Online Store opened
    Thank you for your support. Unfortunately, We did not meet our goal for Advent Saga on kickstarter. However, during the time of our campaign we received a lot of feedback from players wanting to have cards of their own. This is something we want to make available to you, and additionally, we see this as a great way for us to continue production on the Advent Saga, both digitally and physically.

With that being said, we'd like to announce the opening of our online store featuring 4 packages that will give each of you a physical Alpha Kit of your own and additional physical and digital rewards. The packages will be mailed out in waves of every 100 buyers beginning in September and all the proceeds will go directly to funding the development of Advent Saga, both as a physical and digital game.
    http://www.adventsaga.net/shop

Will next be in the PAX Diversity Lounge at PAX Prime, Alpha & Beta access in the coming months
    Advent Saga will be at the PAX Diversity Lounge this year with physical Alpha Starter decks on hand for you to purchase in person and the Alpha Digital Game for players to battle it out online. We will also be giving out physical copies of the Tycho and Gabe Advent cards.

During the start of our kickstarter we came across a few bumps in the road that delayed our Alpha Build from going public. We wanted to ensure we were displaying a model of our game you would enjoy. Our team worked very hard to fix all of these issues and we now have the Alpha Build ready for public view. Over the next few months we will be announcing Alpha Access weekends and allow you to experience the game first hand.

To be included in the Alpha Access Weekends, please make your way to our website and sign up for BETA. We will be choosing our Alpha Access participants from that list.
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...e/posts/931177
    http://adventsaga.net/beta-sign-up/4581940153

29 in magical dog years
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jackson Junior
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

http://mtgcast.com/blog/2014/11/18/b...of-adventsaga/
    I assume this is you, Ryko? I didn't get a chance to listen to the whole thing, but I just happened to come across it because I listen to a few of the MtG podcasts there and now I might have to check out your game now.

23 years old

BG Level

Wow yeah that's me, surprised you saw it. By all means if you have any questions feel free to ask here or hit me up.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

ryko sighting, someone tell sandy to duck before he blasts her

23 years old

BG Level

I've actually been keeping a tally of times I've posted without referring to her in any way, and you just ruined it by making me mention it. This is unpleasant.