Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: H.E.L.M     submit to reddit submit to twitter

H.E.L.M

Nevermind.....

I guess I ran out of normal pickaxes and didn't realize the trailblazing ones gave additional fatigue...

Can delete the thread, prz~

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

It doesn't have a level, afaik. There are a few ways to increase your harvests/fatigue, and I'll put them in the order that I think you likely did them without realizing:
    1) Yellow Signet increases your harvests/fatigue.
    2) Trench Tunica increases it.
    3) Using Trailblazing Pickaxes (or Trailblazing Pickaxes +1) increases it.
    5) The Mining pants might increase it.

Yessir that is indeed what did happen, ran out of picks and switched to the trailblazer ones, didn't think anything of it, except it went from 22 > 24 then zoned and it went up to 30 lol...

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

*hijacked*

Since this thread is about HELM, I'm going to ask here...
    I've yet to HELM in adulin zones, how does this fatigue work? and can I use my old HELM gear plus the new ones?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Fatigue is your number of attempts at HLMing, regardless if you get an item or not. As mentioned above, Trailblazer items, gear, and Ionis increases your max fatigue. You can regain attempts I think at 1 per minute, though I haven't done it in awhile, so that may not be the case with all the gear + ionis + items. It's generally easier to just zone, which resets your fatigue. Of note, points depop and move around in Adoulin zones, and colonization rates have some sort of effect that afaik was never determined. Maybe more points are active at once, they yield more items or more often, etc.

As for old HELM gear, it can be used, though I have no idea if it has an effect. Of note, Adoulin HLMing gear and tools *CAN'T* be used in any other part of the world. Mining is the only one that can use everything (new body, new legs, old hands, old feet, old neck, old belt) while both harvesting and logging have their new item in a slot that previously had an old item for it.

There's also KIs you can buy, critical chop etc, and tool saving ones. I think they fixed the critical ones awhile back, but I'm not certain. Last time I mined, I still got plenty of "*critical* you were unable to mine anything." The tool saving one is pretty nice though, specially if you have the bayld to burn for HQ tools.