Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Lmao @ me thinking this shit was good once

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Man the Lancer v Archer fight killed it i forget what a boss Lancer can be lol.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Finally caught up with the last 4-5 episodes. Some really good in depth stuff. The last episode seemed a little too drawn out with the explanations but I think it was necessary to hammer home the depth of Archer's character and to help make the distinction between guardians, heroic spirits, etc. Really looking forward to the rest of the series.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

No love for the finale? (Not counting the epilogue.) This series is my first exposure to Fate and I'm already hooked.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

If only Gilgamesh wasnt so arrogant he could of defeated Shiro at any point since Ea would of destroyed the blade works in seconds. If youve never seen Fate Zero go watch its a great series that covers the past war.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Yeah my only gripe the whole time is that the only reason Gilgamesh lost is because he was too damn proud. Could've wiped out Shirou any number of times.

Great action and music last ep though. I really want a Heaven's Feel anime series rather than a movie ;/

I'm kinda torn since Gilgamesh was right in a way, but his method of solving the problem of our current society was obviously batshit insane. Generally speaking, it tends to behoove monarchs to keep power centralized, whereas our modern world and its conveniences had pretty much spread the wealth, in a manner of speaking. So, yeah, this leads to people getting things they don't deserve, but at the same time, facilitates the opposite. Survival of the fittest and the concept of modern society are basically opposites in that we work together to make lives better all around.

What possibly scares me is that world does have its share of mini-Gils, either as leaders or the absurdly wealthy. Sometimes both. Fortunately, we don't have to worry about magical constructs belching curses at us. Just nukes.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

I can't wait for the second OST. The music was absolutely insane.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

BRAVE SHIIIIIIIIIINE

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I know theyve got other Fate projects otw but after theyve finished thoose i wouldnt mind if they made the first three wars and the events that lead to the first war but of course that assumes that someone ever bothers to write it.

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Virtually nothing is known about the first two wars. During the third war (Hollow Ataraxia spoilers)
    Spoiler: show
    the Einzberns summoned Avenger and corrupted the grail

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

We know that the first two wars were uneventful. All of the Masters were in the same area and just had a free-for-all. They all died, lol.

The Third war is what Stromgarde said above. Hollow Ataraxia covers the details of it.

I would be much more interested in getting original content covering the actual universe the franchise of shows is in. Kinoko Nasu's universe is ridiculously detailed, but not really covered. Kind of like how Tolkien wrote notes on a ton of incredibly awesome shit but then never actually did anything with it.

Last episode was insane, the fight animation was beautiful and easily made up for the disappointment that was Shirou vs Archer (and for that matter, most of the fights in the 2nd half had nothing on Saber vs Berserker). They also have an epilogue episode? I couldn't ask for anything better.

Great series even with my super high expectations. And yes, if you haven't seen Fate/Zero go watch it now. Animation and shit isn't as good but that's not saying much at all.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Last episode was insane, the fight animation was beautiful and easily made up for the disappointment that was Shirou vs Archer (and for that matter, most of the fights in the 2nd half had nothing on Saber vs Berserker). They also have an epilogue episode? I couldn't ask for anything better.

Great series even with my super high expectations. And yes, if you haven't seen Fate/Zero go watch it now. Animation and shit isn't as good but that's not saying much at all.
    I was about to start Fate/Zero, but everything I read is that it is far superior to read Fate and Fate/Heaven's Feel before doing Fate/Zero. I think I've talked myself into going through that first, tempting through as Zero is.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Fun epilogue. Almost pure fanservice but I enjoyed it. Glad they put in the Rin scene in the classroom and made sure she posed just like the last CG in the novel for the route. It's a minor thing but one of the many nice touches Ufotable does that usually flies under the radar unless you've played the game. Now the endless wait for the rushed/tease HF movie and eventual awesome HF series that will surely follow.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

There's no way they're going to make a series after they make the movie. It was already more or less confirmed that HF is going to be multiple movies.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Solid ending. Is heavens feel a sequel or an alternate telling of the same story? I would love more of this story but an alternate telling would be kinda bleh.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Heaven's Feel is an alternate path to the story. Just like the original Fate arc and this one being Unlimited Blade Works.

Spiders are Awesome
    BG Level

Fate/Blade Works/Heaven's Feel each take place in alternate universes that split off depending on decisions you make early on in the VN.

They're not sequels, but they're not the same story from different perspectives, or anything like that, either. They're drastically different stories. Everything up until Shirou meets Saber and goes to the church is pretty much the same, and then the story becomes completely different. All 3 routes are canon in different universes. All the bad endings (40 of 'em) are canon, as well, for that matter.

Hollow Ataraxia is an actual sequel.

Also, I'd be pretty shocked if they only make one HF movie, for a couple reasons. They've already done a movie series with Kara no Kyoukai, so it wouldn't be anything new to ufotable, and HF is just way, way too long to fit into 3 hours.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Oh I didn't hear about it being multiple movies but that makes a lot more sense considering how much more content there is. I just assumed they were going to do the same thing they did with UBW. I like the idea of multiple movies if they're not doing a series.

Heaven's Feel is the third route/path/story of the game. It's approximately twice as long as either the first two and gives a more complete picture of the entire fifth war along with some back story (if they include it) on how/why the wars were started and what the original goal was for them (though that's already been hinted at in both Zero and and UBW I think). It's not an alternate telling, in fact, it almost feels like a fresh story but you understand a lot more because you're familiar now with the world, the grail and the characters and their motivations/desires. Actually, in terms of story telling, I kind of liken it to Clue, where Fate and UBW are how the war "could have happened", but HF is "what really happened".

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast