RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Hitoshura View Post
    So just to set things straight, Fate Zero is the one to watch first right? I wish I had known that, I would have already watched it. For some reason I thought Stay/Night was the prequel.
    Honestly you could do either. There are a lot of references and winks at Fate Zero in this. But it will most definitely spoil a few of the identities for you that have so far not been revealed in UBW.

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

This series continues to impress.
    Spoiler: show

Something the Studio DEEN movie never touched was how much tracing took out of Shirou, to the point of almost blowing an artery when he fought Archer. I was wondering how effectively they'd be able to do it without narration, but I'm pretty satisfied with the presentation in today's episode. I'm also liking how much extra character development Shinji and even Gilgamesh are getting. Hell, Shinji might even manage to stay a somewhat sympathetic character all the way up to the Heaven's Feel movie!

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I feel like I should repost how ridiculously different Shirou is portrayed between the DEEN anime and this one. This episode is probably the most unbelievable difference.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

That and those delicious animation. Seeing caster's master raining blows was freaking sweet. Much better than DEEN's version. I don't know much about the UBW story, but I definitely hope this Shirou develop some front line skills like caster's master.

DEEN just did the movie right? Not the Fate/stay Night from a few years ago right? If so stop talking about the movie >B(. The original had good animation for the time.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

DEEN did both the original animation and the UBW movie. But the movie is more relevant because its the UBW route that this current anime is following.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I was comparing this one to DEEN's Fate/Stay Night. I know different storyline, but mostly because both were done as a series.

The first one was really well animated D: no idea what happened to them lol.

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

The UBW movie's animation was fine for the most part, the story was borderline incomprehensible due to trying to compress that much plot into ~2 hours however. As for the first TV series, I haven't watched most of it myself but my understanding of it was that it mostly followed FATE while pulling in plot threads from UBW and a tiny bit of HF to pad out the running time to fill 2 cours.

In the current UBW adaptation, Shirou will be able to die when killed probably within the next 2-3 episodes.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Next EP is midseason finale? More setup stuff in EP11.

I have a feeling EP12 is going to feel extremely short.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Every episode has felt extremely short to me, only because they're so good. Even exposition episodes flew by quickly.

But yeah, midseason finale, then a season break before it returns right?

Spiders are Awesome
    BG Level

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

That wouldn't open on my phone so I grumbled, rolled out of bed, and muttered "I don't know why I'm doing this, it's just going to be a gif of Rin in stockings" as I walked to my laptop.

Thanks for not disappointing, Kerb.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Just thought I'd post this again since this entire fucking episode was omitted from the movie

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I was pretty pissed about the ending until I found out that it's split and the rest is coming in April. I guess all the action is in the latter half.

Spiders are Awesome
    BG Level

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Ugh, the agony of waiting a full season for the second half.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Man now I'm sad this won't be continuing until April. This rendition has been really really well done. (Although I already know what happens since I, like many people, played through FS/N)

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Really sad for a 4 month break. I had a feeling a break was coming because they did that with Fate/Zero, but I don't recall it being 4 months, was it? Great way to end the season though and really happy they're fleshing so many things out to give the characters the depth they deserve since it can be really hard to translate feelings/emotions of inner monologues from VN to anime. The previews for next season left me with goosbumps, I'm surprised they're going to show one of my favorite parts of this route (which again, goes back to me being happy about adding character depth):

Winter Forest scene with Ilya and Berserker. I remember playing that chapter and can still hear the music/lullaby and Ilya saying "You're strong, Berserker" while they're covered in blood after training together in the snowy forest.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast