Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

Well I know a lot of people who didn't buy a PS3 and were telling me over and over 'Not going to buy it unless it's on the PS4'.

The first few years of a console launch are always like this and it's a growing pain of switching over to a new console. We have probably a few more years of the PS3/PS4 Xbox360/XboxOne for games. A lot of games were still 'in progress' for the last gen systems and they may have only started doing groundwork on the next gen.

I imagine Sega had something to do with this PS4 version though. Either they sent a team to help ATLUS get this on the PS4 or they funded the shit out of it. And in that case, I wonder if Sony had some sort of money in funding Sega to make sure this was on the PS4 as well as the PS3.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Audrey Weaver
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The JP persona fans are calling the new MC "Potter-kun", fucking lol

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mina View Post
    Well I know a lot of people who didn't buy a PS3 and were telling me over and over 'Not going to buy it unless it's on the PS4'.

The first few years of a console launch are always like this and it's a growing pain of switching over to a new console. We have probably a few more years of the PS3/PS4 Xbox360/XboxOne for games. A lot of games were still 'in progress' for the last gen systems and they may have only started doing groundwork on the next gen.

I imagine Sega had something to do with this PS4 version though. Either they sent a team to help ATLUS get this on the PS4 or they funded the shit out of it. And in that case, I wonder if Sony had some sort of money in funding Sega to make sure this was on the PS4 as well as the PS3.
    Any Japanese publisher would want some help in either marketing or distribution of their games in order to put it on PS4 this year or next. I agree that Sega would do that given their PS4 cross gen tendencies so far.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Dont know where the quote came from, but it seems to be a quote taken from Hashino.

The story of Persona 5 will discuss the hardships of modern-day society and feature characters that are restrained by the rules set by this society. As a result, players will be confronted with trials and chains that they will have to overcome. Much like the previous installments of the series the game is set in a high school - however, the mood and tone will be different. Hashino explains that Persona 5 is about a kind of freedom that is different from the other games in the series. This freedom is meant to liberate those who "are bored and discontent with their lives". Despite this, Atlus expects and wants players of Persona 3 and Persona 4 to feel at home with this game. Persona 5 is meant to be an emotional experience that stirs up its audience and finally lets them go with a strong message of catharsis after everything is said and done.
    Kinda gleaming that Potter-kun might be more of the quiet nerd type who has difficulty being social. Would be the third side of the triangle considering the personalities of Minato and Yu and red for the color choice to go along with blue and yellow is no accident.

Also, the text at the start of the trailer is apparently news headlines:

"It happened again!? People are running away."
    "Taxes are increasing again!? Could this be a controversy?"
    "A popular personality has been suspected of tax evasion. Accused of hiding several million yen in income."
    "An uproar broke out over an affair with the innocent schoolgirl idol. Officials involved in the matter are staying quite about the identity of her lover."
    "Dark rumors are spreading about a major food chain's performance decreasing."
    "There is a new M.O. for telephone fraud, this one of which targets the elderly."
    "Threatening phone calls have been made to those who recently won the big lottery prize. Personal information has been distributed."
    "A public prosecutor fights against falsified evidence!"
    "Extensive bullying."
    "Died in their room by an apparent strangling."
    "A rapid succession of assaults has occurred."
    "A dangerous car accident has recently been reported."
    Some pretty neat P3/P4 references in those if true. The mention of rumors has me exited for another rumor system to trigger events.

And just because the internet is the internet and people are speculating already:

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Seems like this game is going down the dark route again like P3.

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    And I wouldn't have it any other way.

BG Level

Hopefully it's not as surreal as P3. And by that I mean the dark hour, green fog, blood splatters all over, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Long as the characters are P4 quality, because apart from Mitsuru, Akihiro and Junpei I didn't really like anyone as much. But the story was a lot more exciting in P3, so best of both please.

BG Level

I still need to get back into P3. Got so burned out from grinding I never bothered to attempt other things to raise my stats. Big mistake on my part.

Though my backlog is big enough as it is. MGS Legacy Collection, Tales of Xillia 2, and whatever the hell I got from the Steam Winter/Summer sales...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Not directly P5 related, but didn't know where else to place this.

I facepalmed at first, thinking it was real. Then I watched it and had a pretty hearty laugh.

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

People are just realizing this now? Shouldn't they be focused on trying to bring their main series back to a consoles instead of a bunch of awful spin offs of 4 nobody asked for? It's sad to think there still isn't a better SMT game than Nocturne, and it's been over a decade.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

NA site is now live
    http://atlus.com/persona5/

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zane Farus
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Looks amazing... :O

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Hype cannot be hyped enough. This is going to be great.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Things of note
    -Only four characters shown in the trailer
    -Shadows are gone, replaced by classic SMT demons/personas
    -No more random encounters? Or is that just MGS sneaking past guards?
    -Looks to have unique dungeons with more detail and no p3-like procedural generation.
    -Equipping guns as separate items like p1, p2.
    -No mention of social links, only a bit of school setting, but that could just be because this is the first trailer.
    -nazi loli velvet room assistants.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I don't recall early P2/3/4 stuff having all the characters either. It's probably just 4 because that will be the max party size.

Random encounters may be gone, more like P3 where you saw the shadows in Tartarus. I'm not % 100 shadows aren't in either. The enemies do look to be demons, but the Potter/Sho duality has me wondering if the characters themselves aren't shadows in some form. I wouldn't be totally against a detachment from the P3/4 mythos either.

I don't think social links are going anywhere though; they did still have a calendar in the corner of the screen. Wouldn't make sense to not have social links with the success they had in the previous titles and a date/time display already in game.

Bring on the Nazi loli Igor attendants. I'm just glad it isn't Mary Sue. Would love a boss fight with Liz, Margaret and Theodore though.

The overall feel from this is like P1/2 internals with the coats of paint that made P3/4 so great.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zane Farus
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

So glad shadows are gone. Fucking garbage designs. Also really hope dungeons are actually decent this type around and not lazy as fuck. I am really excited, looking more like a SMT game/early persona games.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Seems the cats name is Morgana.

Next Famitsu seems will have an information blowout for P5.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by xopher View Post
    Things of note
    -Only four characters shown in the trailer
    -Shadows are gone, replaced by classic SMT demons/personas
    -No more random encounters? Or is that just MGS sneaking past guards?
    -Looks to have unique dungeons with more detail and no p3-like procedural generation.
    -Equipping guns as separate items like p1, p2.
    -No mention of social links, only a bit of school setting, but that could just be because this is the first trailer.
    -nazi loli velvet room assistants.
    Alot of these changes would be welcome to me, I loathed Persona 3.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag