+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 59 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast

I think I'm gonna hold off on this one. On top of coming out around other games, I went back to the base game earlier this year to finish the Platinum which included running through most of the game once more, so I think I'm just gonna wait for 2020 holiday sales or something.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Fuck it, pre-ordered the phsyical collectors edition as I want the damn soundtrack and artbook. Had 15 in best buy rewards, so that will help with the DLC costs.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Still waiting on that Switch version.

I am still going to grab this, but man no Switch version is just mind boggingly odd and only really explained by Sony paying to keep this exclusive in some form.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

I'll probably hold off a bit before grabbing. Depends if I go to a con in early April

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I'm holding off entirely unless there is some major differences aside a new ending, a new character, and a new dungeon. I loved P5 but too me it took too long to really get going and I don't have the time anymore to devote to 100+ hour games (especially when it may be the same difference between P4 and P4G)

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Just release SMT in the switch Aflus!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Holy moly they put Crow right in the trailer

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Looks like double team moves making an appearance. Noir and Queen doing a double elbow drop off the top rope has me questioning my royal romance character now oomph

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

Is it true that the pedos from reset w/e are trynna censor this thing?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkai.../#6eb0073b469f

Atlus is changing two scenes involving gay men.

The scenes in question depict two gay men, “Scruffy Romantic” and “Beefy Trendsetter”, hitting on a teenage boy. The first takes place in the city and ends with them dragging the boy, Ryuji, away with them while he protests vehemently. The second encounter is at the beach.

“We actually were able to go through some of the lines that players may not have received as well, look at that feedback, and then [update it] for the current generation.”

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Thanks for saving me money, Atlus.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkai.../#6eb0073b469f

Atlus is changing two scenes involving gay men.
    If them "hitting on an under age boy" thing was remotely a problem, that throws out like half the romance options as bad too lol. Doubt they removed those though.

Side note, I also never viewed those two characters negatively, at all, or as the butt of the joke... they were amusing even if flamboyantly stereotypical (Stereotypes in a Japanese product?! how unusual!)

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

There’s a lot of fucked up stuff in the game honestly but that’s part of the charm.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

From what I'm to understand the changes are in reaction to LGBT people complaining about it being patronizing less so than people complaining about there being gay people in the game as the article suggests

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    From what I'm to understand the changes are in reaction to LGBT people complaining about it being patronizing less so than people complaining about there being gay people in the game as the article suggests
    I've read similar, and that the intended joke in moonspeak was more of making Ryuji look like a spaz when in that situation instead of being anti-gay.

I mean it doesn't look or sound good in English, but I thought it was pretty realistic that a 16-17 year old boy would be resistant to that behaviour for sure. The problem is that 2 grown men are kidnapping a boy for implicit gay acts against his will. It's the kind of joke you could make in a 90's anime/TV show/movie.

Overall the scene is stupid and adds nothing to the game's story or Ryuji's personality.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    I mean it doesn't look or sound good in English, but I thought it was pretty realistic that a 16-17 year old boy would be resistant to that behaviour for sure. The problem is that 2 grown men are kidnapping a boy for implicit gay acts against his will. It's the kind of joke you could make in a 90's anime/TV show/movie.

Overall the scene is stupid and adds nothing to the game's story or Ryuji's personality.
    Not that I disagree with your assessment, in fact I quite agree, but this game has dating minors, implied sexual acts with minors, dating/sexing people who hold positions of power over you (teacher/student), and I'm so so sure many more examples but Its been years since i played P5. None of those are removed even though they are subjects some people would find uncomfortable.

This particular scene doesn't exactly stand out as any wilder than others, at all, I barely remembered it until the controversy of it being removed. So without dancing around it, this is only being removed because of social pressure, and for whatever reasons I'm just not a big fan of censoring something to appease any amount of people. I feel the same way about this as I feel about censoring for a Chinese market.

Sure, but I suppose it's all about context. A 17 year old boy dating people around his age is fine, but the implication are the people playing the 17 year old boy are "dating" people around this age.

As a grown up I just went for the teacher and I didn't feel that was weird personally because she was closer to my age, but in the context of the game it's gross and technically pedophilia? If I was one of the people who date Makoto or Futaba (then go fucking mental pretending she's my waifu or best girl) as a 30+ year old man I would consider that to be weird, gross and problematic. It's problematic in general but for sure in Japan I think it's just the tip of the iceberg lol. In the game's context it's a 17 year old going out with another 17 year old, but I guess it's never that simple.

The whole thing is a nightmare and absolutely stupid, so with that said maybe it's more a matter of presentation? The rest of these relationships are given context and time to grow and flourish which may make them seem better than they actually are. You are also given choices to say so it feels more like your decision and you actually have to work for it.

But for Ryuji and the gay guys there's not enough context, setup or growth (2 boys in town get hit on), the whole interaction is super shallow for the sake of telling a bad joke and because of this it makes gay people look bad and it makes Ryuji look like a homophobe.

Personally I don't really care who you "date" in game, I'd be more worried about the execution of the idea. They're never going to let you date a 10 year old or let a teacher sexually abuse you, so it's maybe a balancing act. It's funny if I consider that since if I played P3/4 now I would definitely have a different romance option than I did before.