Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Golden is just as long. I think I beat it years and years ago. Not sure if I would honestly play through again with all the QOL stuff they added into P5. P3 FES on the other hand, that would be another story altogether

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Whelp, you got me there.

I'm excited. I tried to play p4g on vita and just couldn't do it with the small screen. I considered a PSTV but they are about $300 now...

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

What i'm really interested to see is what people do with mods. P3/P4 had only a few different environments with most of them being reused and maybe slightly altered throughout the game, so i could actually see a project that essentially remakes the game into a more modern graphics style.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Apparently, P4G success on PC is making Atlus want to bring over more of their games

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Im actually surprised there hasnt been a P3 Remaster.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

finally nabbed this along with me PS5 and at first the intense animeyness of it was trying, but it's really growing on me. combat systems seem p fly, social simulator ain't bad, cast and crew engaging, story is starting to ramp the hell up, and that cat is p cute. only 10ish hours in but feeling it. nother hundred to go eh.

Spoiler: show
    but i gotta say, hooolllly fuckkkkk was Ann's initial transformation horribly done. dealing with a physical + sexual abuser that is constantly trying to #metoo her, who just raped her friend which led to said friend's suicide attempt, and the game transforms her into a red-latex bodysuit dominatrix with a giant boob window and jiggle physics. game goes on about how people judge her for her appearance and how she's shamed and gossiped about because she's hot then instantly gives the cringiest preteen boy boner service imaginable. oh and she's 16 but hey it's Japan.

really am starting to enjoy it and am gonna keep going but shit like that gets under my collar. can't stand when media/art undercut their own message so they can give their fanbase erections.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Oh believe you me you’ve got more “but hey it’s Japan” moments coming.

Glad you are enjoying it, I think my first playthrough of vanilla was just north of 110 hours, the Royal version I think was around 130 and that was with me already knowing everything from vanilla.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    finally nabbed this along with me PS5 and at first the intense animeyness of it was trying, but it's really growing on me. combat systems seem p fly, social simulator ain't bad, cast and crew engaging, story is starting to ramp the hell up, and that cat is p cute. only 10ish hours in but feeling it. nother hundred to go eh.

but i gotta say, hooolllly fuckkkkk was Ann's initial transformation horribly done. dealing with a physical + sexual abuser that is constantly trying to #metoo her, who just raped her friend which led to said friend's suicide attempt, and the game transforms her into a red-latex bodysuit dominatrix with a giant boob window and jiggle physics. game goes on about how people judge her for her appearance and how she's shamed and gossiped about because she's hot then instantly gives the cringiest preteen boy boner service imaginable. oh and she's 16 but hey it's Japan.

really am starting to enjoy it and am gonna keep going but shit like that gets under my collar. can't stand when media/art undercut their own message so they can give their fanbase erections.
    That's pretty much the extent of the fan service. They removed a couple non essential banter lines in an area you'll be exploring later in the royal edition that were a bit sexual. Most of the girls though are pretty damn naïve.

If you want a bit of advice to make the social aspects a bit easier so you're not as crunched for time, they are here in this spoiler.

I believe it's in chapter 2 or 3 you can begin the quest line with your home room instructor. Max her out as soon as possible. You'll need to build your guts stats up, so whenever you can, go to big bang burger and do the burger challenge. Guts is probably the more annoying social aspect to build as none of the base 3 jobs work on it.

BG Level

conflicting reports

but ok nice ups, i'm going in as fresh as possible but don't mind tips and tricks.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Persona 5 talk? Okay, never a bad reason then to post this video again.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

conflicting reports

but ok nice ups, i'm going in as fresh as possible but don't mind tips and tricks.
    Ryuji has an instant kill ability unlocked by raising his confidant level, it allows you to instantly murk weaker enemies by dashing into them on the overworld screen, but you’ll still get XP for it. It’s how a lot of people farm up levels later in the game.

There are confidant level requirements that are needed by a certain deadline in order to access the new story beats added with Royal (roughly 20 extra hours of story), if you don’t reach them, then the game will end at the same place vanilla P5 did. You want to get the extra story stuff.

New Merits
    BG Level

I mean if we're posting P5 vids to enjoy...

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

My personal fave

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Oh also there is a smoothie stand in the subway station that offers a drink that will give you a random main stat increase. It’s only available on Sundays and cost 5k yen so keep that in mind.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    There are confidant level requirements that are needed by a certain deadline in order to access the new story beats added with Royal (roughly 20 extra hours of story), if you don’t reach them, then the game will end at the same place vanilla P5 did. You want to get the extra story stuff.
    lmao nooooooo

alright no spoilers my dudes por favor but how do i ensure i don't get locked out of the expanded Royal content it's the whole reason i spent money on this stupid game rather than cop the free PS+ version!!

also a question re difficulty. right now i'm playing on hard and it feels appropriately challenging, have to actually use my brain on the harder mobs / bosses or get wiped, but does the game get stupid easy / stupid hard at any point past Palace 1? i don't look up any metas or any min-maxing, just figuring out this business for myself (with a small assist from you bums).

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Without spoilering, just make sure you max out the Counselor confident. It will pause at around rank 5 until you reach I think September or so, and you'll get a in game warning to wrap him up by X date. Once you hit rank 10 with him, which is also I believe at a forced date after you hit rank 9 you're set.

BG Level

i'm gonna make that counselor fuckin love me

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Also, non spoiler, but if you want the full complete no missing cameo's ending from the full game, make sure you max the following.

Max Akechi before Chapter 6 is cleared. I believe you can start him around Chapter 3. Also max the Gymnast girl. You can't get above rank 5 until you start the bonus semester for Royal

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

i'm gonna make that counselor fuckin love me
    He takes summer vacation and is unavailable for like two full months so don’t miss a chance to hang with him

I mean you aren’t boned if you miss a couple by any means. Just...don’t.