+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 59 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast
    Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

picked up the last ps3 copy from a Gamestop near me. I stopped caring about this so long ago, but now that it's finally here it's like Christmas randomly popping up in July or something. and tomorrow is one of my two days off from school so WE GON' PLAY TONIGHT BOYS

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Oh wow they're really strict about this huh.....

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Meanwhile loads of people streaming anyway

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

This has probably been asked a few times, but didn't see on the last two pages. If I have never played a Persona game, is it still alright to jump in here? Tempted to do so.

Yes, it's like Final Fantasy where there are common themes but the stories are separate from one another

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The only difference being that persona games (at least up from 3) happen in the same universe

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

I am in love with this game but good lord does it feel like it takes forever before you can roam around compared to P3/P4

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I feel like it's about as long as it took for P4 tbh, maybe an hour more. If you consider recruiting Yukiko to be the free-roam point. It does feel like some of the early days are padded just a little though.

Considering most games I've wanted to play for the story didn't have a semblance of one at the beginning or any point of the game, I'm OK with this slower start.

And considering at least from P4G (I don't remember vanilla tbh) you can fast forward/skip shit it should make subsequent playthroughs easier even if it does take a bit longer to get started.

Also is there incentive for playing on hard as opposed to normal? Seems weird that you can change difficulty otherwise but I suppose it's good since hard mode in these games is actually pretty hard.

And just gotta second what people say about the UI/style of the game, it's fucking amazing. The first time I did an All-Out Attack I nearly shit my pants.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Not sure if anyone caught this yet:

Spoiler: show
    The subway advertisements for the "Sapphire" move are Rise. If this is the same movie she was supposed to be working on during P4AU, then thats kind of cool for relation to P3 and P4.

Game is a little slow to start out with, I noticed that was well. But the amount of polish and detail to nearly everything is insane. Square needs to take notes on building a cohesive in-game universe big time.

The changed the opening theme ever so slightly. It sounds like they added more bass underneath the jazz and it fits a lot better from my original dislike of it. They also added additional deeper vocals that I don't remember being there, and its become a very good track.

My god, the battle theme though. WAY better than P4's and maybe better than P3's, (both P3P and P3). And theres a subtle hint on a few of these tracks that directly reference P3 and P4 songs too which was a very nice touch without being too in your face about it.

My only complaint so far, but I'm sure it will get explained because Atlus always does:

MC stops a sexual assult, and is punished. I don't get that at all, even with the incidental damage to the guy. Hes treated like he murdered his family and then bragged about it.

Also, again, I'm sure she will be a great character but the female detective would have been amazing if it was Naoto.

I don't remember P4's hard mode being this difficult, but that could be because I have no options for Persona's right now outside the starter ones.

I also had a hard "no" for using the braggadocios friend, (No Stupei and no Yosuke), but Ryuji and pirates man. Captain Kidd's design is badass.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    My only complaint so far, but I'm sure it will get explained because Atlus always does:

MC stops a sexual assult, and is punished. I don't get that at all, even with the incidental damage to the guy. Hes treated like he murdered his family and then bragged about it.

from the dialogue in the flashback scene, the dude that was 'assaulted' seems to be some kind of politician or otherwise powerful person. it fits perfectly with the theme around the conflict set up around the first palace's antagonist -- society overlooking the wrongs of famous/popular/powerful individuals and shunning/punishing anyone that uncovers their abuses

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Just finished the first dungeon... No real story spoilers, just wanted to talk about gameplay, but some might still consider that spoilerish.

Loved the boss fight. The perverted attacks and even more the special actions, sending out characters? It's like you already think the game showed you all systems and it pops up with new stuff. It might be small, but all of those things add up to such an interesting experience.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

The slow start doesn't bother me as much as the game just flat out eating your days way more than I ever remember P3/4 doing. Like, I can't study at night tonight because I have to go run an incredibly minor errand tomorrow? Fuck that.

I'm mayad as fuck because I was one point shy of upping my knowledge before the first exams.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Man, every time you think you've learned everything this game has to offer, another layer gets revealed. It's amazing. I'm totally in love with this game.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    I remember reading about this earlier today on my phone. I'm still getting Deja Vu about Subspace Emirsary(sp) and HAL or whoever getting so pissed off they won't do anything like it again for another SSB installment because people uploaded the vids.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I want this game bad. Might be a little while before I get it though

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I pre-order a TYH edition for walkin pickup at Gamestop in Virginia.

Navy kicked me out so now I'm working in Texas. Thankfully they're shipping it out to a gamestop in Texas for free but man I can't wait to sink my hands into this.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyHobo View Post
    The slow start doesn't bother me as much as the game just flat out eating your days way more than I ever remember P3/4 doing. Like, I can't study at night tonight because I have to go run an incredibly minor errand tomorrow? Fuck that.
    yeah this part is annoying, i feel like i can't get anything done. i assumed i'd be able to get a lot done on a sunday since it's a free day but nope, i got to make 2 lockpicks, cleaned up my room, and that was it.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Bought this last night and played for about an hour; seems pretty cool. It seems like Majora's Mask where you have limited time to do things based on the in game calendar. Is that the case? If so, how much do I need to worry about not plodding along too much?