+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 59 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast
    Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Nearing the end of October, all stats at 4 (some should be close to 5...), making decent progress playing catch up since I finally got Fortune 7 early Oct (mega-hax) but I think it's way too late for me. Oh well, there's always a second playthrough, which probably wont happen for at least a couple years...

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    Edit: Also, for Fortune, how does getting your stat fortune work? I'll get a boost for say knowledge for example, but when I get whatever boost (from eating at the diner let's say), it seems like I still only get the +3 boost as opposed to an increase.
    From what I remember those points work on tiers, I'll be explaining it badly but:

1 note = +1/2/3 points
    2 notes = +5/6/7 points
    3 notes = +10/12/15 points

These aren't accurate, just to help, so Fortune basically gives you a 1.5x boost to these stats, so any activity that might normally give you 1 note can give 2, and even if you don't see a note increase, you're still getting more points, just not enough to past the break point that you need for 3 notes.

So you won't always see the notes increase depending on what you do, but you are getting more points for it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

How do drop tables work?

In 4th dungeon trying to get Aluminum Sheets and Liquid Mercury. I have more mercury than I know what to do with. I cant get enough sheets. I know where they drop from, but I always seem to get mercury instead.

Also 4th dungeon related:

Spoiler: show
    Is the "Do Not Enter" door at the end of the main hallway count as reaching the treasure? I didn't notice that my objectives changed, and from the dialogue it sounded like the door in Madarame's Palace that needed to be opened in the real world to progress, meaning this needs 3 days to finish instead of 2.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    How do drop tables work?

In 4th dungeon trying to get Aluminum Sheets and Liquid Mercury. I have more mercury than I know what to do with. I cant get enough sheets. I know where they drop from, but I always seem to get mercury instead.

Is the "Do Not Enter" door at the end of the main hallway count as reaching the treasure? I didn't notice that my objectives changed, and from the dialogue it sounded like the door in Madarame's Palace that needed to be opened in the real world to progress, meaning this needs 3 days to finish instead of 2.
    Yes. Once you reach the do not enter sign in Futaba's palace you've secured a route to her treasure. All you need to do now is send the card

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Ummm so I have the broken laptop, and the repair kit, what else do I need to do to get the laptop?

Also, leveling Charm from 4->5 can right fuck off. I just want to girlfriend mah girl Makoto.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    How do drop tables work?

The only thing I know about drops is that if you use Hold Up commands you won't get the drop listed on the enemy screen. Otherwise there's just a chance (usually shit) that you'll get what you need.

Aluminium Sheets are generally easier to find, you can even find them randomly from Mementos. Be glad you got the Liquid Mercury, after the 5th palace it becomes a pain in the ass to find.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

I'm new to ps4 so this may be a dumb question or I'm blind but are all the themes for ps3 only? that seems odd to me

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I don't believe they are. Could it be an issue you're buying it on PS3 and trying to use it on PS4 or vice versa?

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    The only thing I know about drops is that if you use Hold Up commands you won't get the drop listed on the enemy screen. Otherwise there's just a chance (usually shit) that you'll get what you need.

Aluminium Sheets are generally easier to find, you can even find them randomly from Mementos. Be glad you got the Liquid Mercury, after the 5th palace it becomes a pain in the ass to find.
    Yeah, I'm not using Hold Up commands for this. Just plain ole beating the crap out of enemies. Was just curious if only the last mob standing has a chance to drop their items (which would explain why I have more Mercury because Anubis are harder to kill than the Gazz (sp?)), or if it was just bad luck.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

ohhhh the ps4 ones are 'avatar and theme' packs so they were listed under avatars and not themes

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    From what I remember those points work on tiers, I'll be explaining it badly but:

1 note = +1/2/3 points
    2 notes = +5/6/7 points
    3 notes = +10/12/15 points

These aren't accurate, just to help, so Fortune basically gives you a 1.5x boost to these stats, so any activity that might normally give you 1 note can give 2, and even if you don't see a note increase, you're still getting more points, just not enough to past the break point that you need for 3 notes.

So you won't always see the notes increase depending on what you do, but you are getting more points for it.
    Ahhh, thanks for the explanation! I thought it was a literal "1 note = 1 point" lol

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    Ummm so I have the broken laptop, and the repair kit, what else do I need to do to get the laptop?

Also, leveling Charm from 4->5 can right fuck off. I just want to girlfriend mah girl Makoto.
    Once you have the broken laptop and the kit, you have to use the workbench (and time) in your bedroom to actually fix it.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Once you have the broken laptop and the kit, you have to use the workbench (and time) in your bedroom to actually fix it.
    gotcha, that's what I thought, just was afraid to do that and actually get caught in making tools

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I tried farming sheets in the 4th dungeon and gave up quickly, kinda glad I did since I got them super quick in a later part of mementos not long after finishing the 4th palace. The same mobs that drop them also appear in those floors and they can be obtained from the things you pick up roaming through the area. Went from 7 sheets to 20 in about 20-30min, can also get the mercury there since Anubis spawns as well.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Do I continue playing, or take a break until the Raidou pack comes out for badass BGM?

BG Level

Are there any time limits for when you can finish/start social links? I haven't started one with that chess (whatever it's called yet) girl and wondering if I have a time limit.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I dunno about her. But I did remembering hearing something about Sun eventually becoming unavailable.

Edit: Looks like Moon is another one that can possibly be missed. Both need to be finished before November 10th or so.

Edit2: So Sun is a permanent end. But Moon does become available again after you beat the 6th palace.

BG Level

Well guess I better start working on that old fart's social link

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I could be wrong but I think you get a level up every time you see him (Sun persona in hand). At least, I don't recall ever having a night where I just hung out for a boost rather then leveling up.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Pretty sure Sun doesn't even require you to have a persona, same for moon

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I dunno about her. But I did remembering hearing something about Sun eventually becoming unavailable.

Edit: Looks like Moon is another one that can possibly be missed. Both need to be finished before November 10th or so.

Edit2: So Sun is a permanent end. But Moon does become available again after you beat the 6th palace.
    Scared me for a sec, I'm about to hit that date and I just got him to 9 >.>

Like Nov 5, kindness and proficiency at 5, rest still at 4... don't think i'm gonna have enough time to complete the day-time links. :<