Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Finally had some time to sit and play the game. Just beat the 6th palace.

Spoiler: show

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

what the hell do i need to do to unlock makoto's confidant? i'm at the end of september with all of my social stats at 4, and all i ever get out of her is a prompt to go to the current palace/send the calling card.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

The earliest her confidant will open is 6/25. Party members don't really open up until after their dungeon's deadline. But if you're all the way to September that'd be odd since all she requires right away is 3 Knowledge.

Party members might not want to hang when a palace is ongoing though. I know it lets up by the 6th and 7th palaces but I don't know if they still don't want to hang for 2 through 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Party members might not want to hang when a palace is ongoing though.
    I made a save before the 7th palace because i wanted to confirm this was the case.

8 hours later I confirmed it.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

ahh, i guess i never bothered to check during the downtime phases. about to finish off #5 right now, hopefully it'll cooperate after that!

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

While 7th was ongoing I was able to hang with most of them. They complained like "dude you sure?" but they let you do it. 6th too I think. I know for palace 1 Ann doesn't want to hang while it's ongoing though.

It might be that if you have the treasure room discovered they might be willing to hang out, but I can't say that with confidence either way.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

At a certain point with her confidant link, you need to have maxed out charm to continue too, just a heads up.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    While 7th was ongoing I was able to hang with most of them. They complained like "dude you sure?" but they let you do it. 6th too I think. I know for palace 1 Ann doesn't want to hang while it's ongoing though.

It might be that if you have the treasure room discovered they might be willing to hang out, but I can't say that with confidence either way.
    If you are between discovering the palace and sending the calling card then teammates won't want to hang out (with the obvious exception of one dungeon).

If they show up on the subway map, but are grey then when you last talked to them they needed something before they would hang out (normally a stat rank up), and if you have acquired such they still remained grey (I think this should have been fixed in the game)

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I'm having issues with the crafting trohpy. I had Temperance make a couple items before but I made sure to remake them. I'm on 12/12 and for whatever reason I can't seem to get the trophy +_+

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Might be silly but in my case I thought I already crafted something since I had it in my inventory but some save/reloads and I figured I actually didn't craft one thing myself, just had a drop

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I think that's what just happened to me. Made a Goho-M and got the trophy just now +_+

Edit: How are people finding Futaba's 250-line trophy? I have no idea how close I am. I'm about to enter the 7th palace and I read somewhere that it normally unlocks through the course of the game via the last dungeon, dunno if that's true or not though

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

The Goho-M's get a lot of people for the crafting trophy, because Morgana gives you a few to start with so people see them in inventory and believe they have been crafted. Same thing with the Beverage trophy, as you get like 30 of one of the sodas from the sunday TV special but physically have to purchase one from a vending machine. I think its the sunkist knock off.

As for Futaba's trophy, its not just hearing her 250 times as I originally was thinking as well. It's 250 *unique* phrases. So "Nice one, Joker" and Nice one, Joker" only count as one, but "Nice one, Joker" and "Get em, Joker!" are 2 phrases. Try switching some party members out and have them hit weaknesses/get afflicted with status, perform all-outs, etc. I did that for Skull and Noir for a handfull of fights in the last dungeon and got the trophy pretty quick.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I got Futaba's lines trophy naturally playing sometime near the end. I made sure to swap my party out 1/2/3 and 4/5/6 during the 7th palace since it was long. Status ailments and being afflicted with (stat down) are also unique lines, as are activation of Emergency Shift and Final Guard. This is a use for those 30% heal (stat up, stat down) items.

Also be sure to fight some battles in the calling card runs at some point when you get her (other than "enforced" ones), and escape a battle a few times. More lines there. There's also unique lines for each party member killing (one / all / specific numbers that aren't all) enemies in one hit. Like (paraphrasing) "Two enemies down, nice going Mona!". You will also get about a dozen or so unique lines in the final boss as well.

With how much I didn't need to hear there's definitely well over 250. Probably in the 400 range.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    At a certain point with her confidant link, you need to have maxed out charm to continue too, just a heads up.
    sure enough, as soon as i cleared the palace her confidant opened right up. pretty sure my next rank-up attempt hits that stat wall, i'm close to maxing charm but not quite there. hoping i can get there before i get locked out of the party confidants again.

somewhat related, how does the fortune confidant's social boost skill work? i haven't unlocked it yet, but i'm prioritizing that one in the hope it'll eventually let me speed up some of the more stubborn confidants. for example, if i use it on a confidant who's available but not ready to rank up, will it bump them up to being able to hit the next rank? or does it just give a hidden bonus to the little notes you earn, but you still have to waste a night on hanging out with them?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Moridam View Post
    sure enough, as soon as i cleared the palace her confidant opened right up. pretty sure my next rank-up attempt hits that stat wall, i'm close to maxing charm but not quite there. hoping i can get there before i get locked out of the party confidants again.

somewhat related, how does the fortune confidant's social boost skill work? i haven't unlocked it yet, but i'm prioritizing that one in the hope it'll eventually let me speed up some of the more stubborn confidants. for example, if i use it on a confidant who's available but not ready to rank up, will it bump them up to being able to hit the next rank? or does it just give a hidden bonus to the little notes you earn, but you still have to waste a night on hanging out with them?
    Fortune gives a time-free boost to a confidant. Sometimes youll need 2-3 fortunes (one per day) to have rank up available, but most of the time it will be 1-2. I think the longest was Hanged needed 4 at one point, but rule of thumb is to not visit that confidant until rank up is available and go raise social stats instead if a rank up isnt available.

It really does make time management a lot easier in the last few months of the game. I had all (available) confidants maxed by mid November.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Moridam View Post
    Yes, almost always it will allow you to rank them up instead of hanging out with them, although there might be some exceptions, some confidants seem to have some higher requirements between certain ranks.

It's very OP, it allowed me to catch up with a couple of confidants I was behind on and then even get ahead of the walkthrough schedule. Same with the social skill reading

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

If you're really desperate to get a confidant to a rank up, you can use the Shrine too. But that uses up time. The only time I used it was on a rare day that I had nothing else available to do and already used Fortune on someone else

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

The main thing that got me with the craft trophy was that I had Temperance make a few things for me which doesn't add to the trophy since you have to make it yourself. I stopped bothering with Temperance make coffee/curry since I had never used it to begin with, at least not till last dungeon or the occasional coffee in 7th palace.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Fangasm.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Nights in a nutshell: