+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 59 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast
    New Merits
    BG Level

If you max the fortune teller on your first playthrough then you can use her confidant increase ability the second you unlock her in NG+ which makes making all confidants a joke in NG+

New Merits
    BG Level

The teacher has an insanely good bonus for maxing her too that carries over to NG+. Maxing out both gives an absolute ton of extra time in NG+.

Oh yeah, being able to do stuff at night increases your productivity a lot. Teacher and Fortune Teller are the most important links for progress.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

If you're strapped for cash, look into confuse-farming mementos bosses. Get a persona with a high luck stat that can confuse a boss (not all bosses are confusable) and they literally and endlessly (as long as you keep confuse up) toss tens if not hundreds of thousands of yen at you.

Ridill
    BG Level

Oh God, I hate Shido's dungeon. It's so long and tedious and not even challenging. It just goes on forever and ever.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I could say that about all the dungeons in Persona 5. I mean I loved them all for the most part but they're all long and tedious by the time you hit half way

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Futaba's was okay~ish in length. But Okumura's was fucking ridiculous and Shido's didn't help either lol

Nijima's was borderline with the gambling shit and having to run back a couple times to find annoying panels

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Yeah Futaba's was fine and I didn't mind the puzzles. Okumura's was by far the most obnoxious and the only good part of it was rewarding you with Haru.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

I didn't mind Shdio's too much for the music and hype. Okumura's end felt like absolute hell to me with the space tube bullshit.

Yeah I liked Shido's just because of the music and the point of the story, and it feels like a final dungeon needs to be somewhat lengthy.

The rest were just long, the first couple are fine in length, but 3-6 are too much.

Ridill
    BG Level

It was the same mouse maze thing multiple times that killed it for me. There was no difficulty to it, just a lot of walking back and forth. they didn't even get harder as you went on, they got easier.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I think after coming from earlier Persona's to 5 the dungeons in it were bit m ore tedious, but I didn't mind it too much since they were spaced apart well enough it didn't annoy me.

I much prefer the dungeons in 5 to randomly generated blocks for 10-20 floors. It's just the dungeons in general were too long or weirdly designed. Overall backtracking in these dungeons isn't that fun.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Persona 4's dungeons were awful, Tartarus was good up to a certain point then it also became awful. Definitely prefer the hand crafted main dungeons in 5 with the randomly generated Mementos taking the previous 2 game's dungeon structures places, but I would have rathered if Mementos changed more than just becoming... more red/blue.

Ridill
    BG Level

December 8th. I'm in Mementos, doing Iwai, Hifumi, and Ohya's memento quest which will bring all 3 to rank 8ish. Dont think I'll be able to finish them all before the deadline. I wanted to get Haru's done but she hasnt even made an appearance in awhile. I also have the gun kid's, who is only rank 3, so I'm not even bothering and Sojiro's who I currently can't do because I'm not rank 5 Kindness- the only stat currently not capped.

Also, I've "defeated" flu Reaper twice and am now lv70.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Playing through right now, finished Shido's dungeon and nope, fucking got billy mays'd and now there's more. It's like the game that never ends. But for 30 bucks, I've more than got my money's worth out of it.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Thankfully the rest isn't too bad.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I don't think I'll be able to handle a second play through to see all the other story arc's, but that's what youtube is for.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

New Game+ is much easier. You keep your items, yen, Persona compendium, your stats (Courage, Knowledge, etc), and you get access to Fortune's fortune telling/confidant boosting ability much sooner (assuming you cap her out in your original play-through).

That being said, even with all those, it's still like another 30+ hour investment getting through it all so I can understand not wanting to start a new game right away lol. I think I took a year off between play-throughs and even on my second run, I stopped mid-way through Shido's dungeon a few months ago and am just too lazy to finish it up. The only trophy I have left is finishing the compendium and I need to finish Shido's dungeon and capture those 2 high-level gems in mementos and that's it. But I just can't be bothered lol

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Yeah, I think on playthrough 1, my compendium is like maybe 30% complete.