+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Famitsu scans are floating around. If noone else gets to them, I'll post when I get off work.

Full shot of Arsene and him being used in battle. Total swag.

Also a picture of Potter-kun in a jump/track suit. Maybe at school? Could be social link related.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I have a URL to gematsu.com that has all the new scans and a buncha info and stuff, but am I allowed to link to it? I know we had some shit issues with IGN or whatever it was a couple months ago

Edit: The game subforum sticky says IGN or Gamespot, so I'll gamble with posting this URL I guess. If I'm wrong, I apologize ahead of time =X

http://gematsu.com/2015/02/dengeki-p...ils-full-scans

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

About damn time they put that Catherine engine to use.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Higher-Res trailer caps
    Spoiler: show

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Edit: I expect a ton of coverage for the game at E3. Given SE's lack of FFXV stuff (and most likely KH3 stuff), this will certainly fill the void for me at least

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

7 years in the making guys, and not surprising now considering they had to revamp every single demon and probably some new ones of course to today's standards, from the screens and video footage, the style looks amazing. Anyone else notice that they are fighting actual demons, not shitty ass shadows? Does this mean the return of demon negotiations and contracts? Let's fucking hope so, bring back spell fusions while they are at it too.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Part of me wants to get this ASAP, but another part of me wants to hold off until they release the special edition with more content like they did P3:FES/P4G

Quote Originally Posted by Hitoshura View Post
    7 years in the making guys, and not surprising now considering they had to revamp every single demon and probably some new ones of course to today's standards, from the screens and video footage, the style looks amazing. Anyone else notice that they are fighting actual demons, not shitty ass shadows? Does this mean the return of demon negotiations and contracts? Let's fucking hope so, bring back spell fusions while they are at it too.
    Definitely would like some more classic SMT stuff with Persona's framing.

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I don't see why not they already had the main character from persona 3 utilize spell fusions. Now if they allow all characters to wield any persona again... now we're talking, but apparently the MC being so SPECIAL is a now a plot device. Fuck that noise, everyone needs to be able to switch Persona again, as they please.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Hitoshura View Post
    I don't see why not they already had the main character from persona 3 utilize spell fusions. Now if they allow all characters to wield any persona again... now we're talking, but apparently the MC being so SPECIAL is a now a plot device. Fuck that noise, everyone needs to be able to switch Persona again, as they please.
    I get the want for Persona to be more SMT from the SMT fans, but outside of the P4 whoring I think Persona has done well keeping the original flavor in a new wrapper. If I want SMT, I can play SMT. The concept of The Fool and MC only being able to switch personas fits in really well with the established universe. I would like fusions to return, I don't think they were utilized enough in P3.

I feel like P5 will be a really good blend of P2-4 and SMT. And Atlus has been good about offering P3Fes at a discount upon release and waiting a while for P4 Golden. I don't see a P5:Hail To The Thief edition until a few years after the fact.

I am nervous about the "late" 2015 window. I don't have any reason not to trust Sega here, but that holiday release always causes some amount of anxious within me.

I don't think they need to go as far as EVERYONE IS A FOOL but like, the Magician guy could have more than 1 Magician type, or even be allowed to use other Magician types etc, they could have more fusions that way etc.

But yeah, I do like Persona type games, if I'm going to play an RPG hard as balls I do like more of a story/character thing going on, I never really got into SMT stories aside from what...Nocturne? Not that Persona games are hard (or even nearly as hard) but it still counts. Also, bit more interactive combat but I think I'm asking for too much.

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    I get the want for Persona to be more SMT from the SMT fans, but outside of the P4 whoring I think Persona has done well keeping the original flavor in a new wrapper. If I want SMT, I can play SMT. The concept of The Fool and MC only being able to switch personas fits in really well with the established universe. I would like fusions to return, I don't think they were utilized enough in P3.

I feel like P5 will be a really good blend of P2-4 and SMT. And Atlus has been good about offering P3Fes at a discount upon release and waiting a while for P4 Golden. I don't see a P5:Hail To The Thief edition until a few years after the fact.

I am nervous about the "late" 2015 window. I don't have any reason not to trust Sega here, but that holiday release always causes some amount of anxious within me.
    Established universe? It's actually always been the same universe, Mitsuru even makes a reference to Nate from P2, and former users were always able to switch Persona without a problem. Call me crazy but the gameplay overall is what I play the MegaTen series for and if it means throwing away that plot device to improve the gameplay, I really don't care about it.

You act as if Persona isn't a spin off or was created from SMT lol. P3/4 use the same exact engine as Nocturne.

Elcura, did you play Digital Devil Saga? If you haven't, get to it man! I highly recommend.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Persona Q had a nice blend of it, actually. Persona and Sub Persona. I'd like to see that make a return.

..3 and 4 use the same engine as Nocturne? Guess I never really thought about it, since they felt distinctly different for me.

As for references, wasn't Tatsuya mentioned in P3 during one of the TV things or so?

Either way, it's fine. We had 2 Persona games where people used different Personas, and 2 where they didn't. If 5 goes back to either style, great.

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Just take out the press turn system but still pretty much the same battle system, exploit the weakness, or be exploited! Change up P3 and 4's visual style for the characters and setting to fit it's Anime style,(Nocturne's full cel shaded style still looks a lot better IMO) uses the same exact demon models for the ones that did return.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yeah, I see what you mean in terms of the press turn system. The all out attacks, step in assist attacks (4 did this more), taking a hit for a teammate and so forth built upon something that Nocturne didn't necessarily have.

So I think calling it the "exact same engine" is a bit much, but I'm more than willing to agree that it's definitely inspired, and that the latter built upon it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Ayn View Post
    Yeah, I see what you mean in terms of the press turn system. The all out attacks, step in assist attacks (4 did this more), taking a hit for a teammate and so forth built upon something that Nocturne didn't necessarily have.

So I think calling it the "exact same engine" is a bit much, but I'm more than willing to agree that it's definitely inspired, and that the latter built upon it.
    Wind Waker and Twilight Princess used the same engine too from what I remember.

I know it's all one 'established universe' but I dont think there's any argument persona and smt mainline games have very different feels now. I can appreciate the similarities, but I still want something different between the two.

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I like pretty much everything MegaTen related, but I guess that's just me. Reason I hold SMT III in such high regard is because it's still the most challenging, though I have heard Strange Journey is a bitch, I never played but now I want to buy it and find out. Demon's, not friends or humans are your party members, gods, mythical beings, deitys, monsters, Oh and Dante, other folklore related demons that you either bribed, defeated in battle or fused were your party members in a post apocalyptic world. People complain about he story but I enjoyed it, it was pretty interesting, especially the True Demon Ending.

Also something I definitely hope they change about he next persona, Nocturne has over 20 different battle themes, so I don't understand why there is only one single track the entire game for regular battles. Please make more battle music again, I think that's something everyone can appreciate, Shoji Meguro is one of the best.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'll agree with you on that about the different battle themes in Nocturne; I always enjoyed that.

Mixed on the party members thing. I kind of like having characters that at least have some personality. Never been a fan of the silent protag thing (though in all fairness, Narukami and the main of DS2 kinda had more personality as silent protags).

Strange Journey IS a bitch. More challenging than Nocturne. . but Nocturne's the better game by far. Strange Journey's just more annoying and frustrating for me than anything else. Asked my friend who's a big MegaTen fan as well was it worth finishing. He played it thoroughly and honestly was meh about it.

Speaking of Nocturne, I didn't even know one of the main battle themes HAD lyrics.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tekni Wintersbane
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Mok'Nathal

So maybe its just me? but the screen shots the other peoples faces look like absolute shit. like they are just blank faces? or something, at least in the other games, they were low res figures that sort of had faces lol.
    like if you look at the train screenshot, its almost like peoples faces are censored.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag