+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 620 of 776
  1. #601
    Old Odin
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,150
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    So something I started to wonder after I finished the 4th dungeon.

    Spoiler: show
    Did Futaba's mother work for the Kirijo Group? I was hesitant at first, because men in black suits are sometimes just men in black suits.

    But then I got to thinking that its pretty curious that a suicide would be covered up by men in black suits with a forged suicide note. Which made me think it was more of an occupational death. And if she was researching the cognitive psience side of Shadows, before the original Gekkoukan exploded, then that would give the Kirijo Group (or even the Nanjo Group if you wanted to bring this back into P1/P2 continuity) a good reason to conceal the reason she died or to stop her (or her research) from going public.

    Or if we want to get really sinister, Futaba was a candidate to have potentially been picked by the Kirijo Group for Dark Hour research into Tartarus like Strega was, but she was too young to have begun her medication.

  2. #602
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,370
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Finally finished the game, Main + Extras - 128 Hours. Now to wait 5-8 years for next installment.


    10/10 game.
    Spoiler: show






  3. #603
    I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,347
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Going through the School Festival like


  4. #604
    Old Odin
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,150
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    So something I started to wonder after I finished the 4th dungeon.

    Spoiler: show
    Did Futaba's mother work for the Kirijo Group? I was hesitant at first, because men in black suits are sometimes just men in black suits.

    But then I got to thinking that its pretty curious that a suicide would be covered up by men in black suits with a forged suicide note. Which made me think it was more of an occupational death. And if she was researching the cognitive psience side of Shadows, before the original Gekkoukan exploded, then that would give the Kirijo Group (or even the Nanjo Group if you wanted to bring this back into P1/P2 continuity) a good reason to conceal the reason she died or to stop her (or her research) from going public.

    Or if we want to get really sinister, Futaba was a candidate to have potentially been picked by the Kirijo Group for Dark Hour research into Tartarus like Strega was, but she was too young to have begun her medication.
    Nope. Fuck me for looking into it more.

    Fuck you too, internet.

  5. #605

    Quote Originally Posted by Ker View Post
    Finally finished the game, Main + Extras - 128 Hours. Now to wait 5-8 years for next installment.
    More like 3-4 for the remasted version like FES/Golden

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    Going through the School Festival like
    My biggest disappointment with P5 isn't with the game, but rather we won't see hiimdaisy make a comic on it

  6. #606
    Old Odin
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    6,044
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

    I stand by my earlier statement that the whole second half of the party is amazing.

  7. #607

    Any tips for raising guts. I can't find anything that doesn't give more than a point. I already completed all the books/DVDs and can't find a spot to go to for a higher growth rate.

  8. #608
    Very Sexy Nerd
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    8,508
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Burger challenge, various movies, and I think there's a video game that raises guts?

  9. #609
    Old Odin
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    6,044
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

    Death will also give +2 Guts notes per rank up so that's worth factoring in.

    While we're at it:
    Devil and Sun both give +3 charm per rank up.
    Star gives +1 Knowledge
    Hanged gives +2 Proficiency
    Hiero gives +3 Kindness at ranks 2, 4, 5, and 6 at least.
    Tower I believe also gives Kindness but I don't know how much as I haven't started that yet.

    In fact Devil and Sun alone is basically 80% of the Charm needed to max out, so Charm can be lumped into Confidant-building for the most part. I made the mistake of spending a lot of nights at the bathhouse instead and my Devil is like 5 and Sun is 9 so I wasted a lot of "free" points.

    Proficiency maxes out a lot faster than other stats whereas Knowledge takes the most points but you get +1s everywhere all throughout the game. My rule of thumb for early-to-mid was to always study at the Diner when it's raining (if you can get Fortune's luck thinger for whatever meal you're getting, all the better). At the start of palace 5 I'm at 5 Charm/Proficiency, and 4-halfway-to-5 in everything else.

  10. #610

    Sadly I need to work on my charm a bit more before I can start talking with the doctor again. Might have to focus on that since I'd like to start with the airsoft owner soon since I'm starting the 5th palace soon

  11. #611

    Also holy hell you guys weren't kidding about Sun's money potential. I went into Mementos to finish 3 requests/finish the 4th tier and I started with roughly 50K.

    I came out with 440K.

  12. #612
    Brokage
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    12,504
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Getting Fortune's money boost before you do momentos/palaces is also realllllly nice. If you finish a fight with an all out attack you get a hefty amount of cash, like 5k and up from that alone. I went through palace #4 without really making an effort to farm for money at all (confusion/sun tricks), went in with 350K, walked out with 550k just from the fortune boost and leveling on mobs.

  13. #613
    Brokage
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    12,504
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    Burger challenge, various movies, and I think there's a video game that raises guts?
    I just want to reiterate, Burger challenge is fucking dooooope. First tier is +1 to all stats. Second tier is +2 and the final tier is +3. You do need to have proficiency leveled to actually be able to win the challenge (2 for first tier, 3 for second, 4 for third). But yeah, even if you don't finish it or you've already finished it and go back again, you get a solid +3 to guts from it (from doing the final tier challenge)

  14. #614
    Old Odin
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    6,044
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

    Final/tier3 burger needs 4 Prof/Know/Guts, and all burger "rank ups" will level all stats except Kindness by +1/2/3. After the final rank you can still go there for +2 or 3 Guts (can't remember) Guts, same as if you failed to eat the burger.

    Edit: Palace 5 seems to have cranked up the difficulty a little bit. I didn't have SP problems from the 2nd half of Palace 2 to all through Palace 4 with just 2 SPregen accessories, now I'm actually scraping through my SP sodas that I stopped stockpiling. Should get Temperance to make a bunch of coffee and go back to buying those sodas.

  15. #615
    Very Sexy Nerd
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    8,508
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Going through the November palace, I think I'm gonna have juuuuuuuust enough time to either max all the social links, or just barely not max them. ;_;

    How many free days do you get after the November dungeon and during December?

    Got like 7 days left until the Nov deadline, no idea how much free time I'll have for the remainder of Nov or during Dec, but I'm estimating I'll need at least 20 additional days (assuming I manage a rank up every day... so any extra days would be helping pad that out)

  16. #616
    Old Odin
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    6,044
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

    Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    Got like 7 days left until the Nov deadline, no idea how much free time I'll have for the remainder of Nov or during Dec, but I'm estimating I'll need at least 20 additional days (assuming I manage a rank up every day... so any extra days would be helping pad that out)
    Might already know this but with Fortune7's Affinity Reading you should never ever need to spend days without a rank up unless it has some other requirement like Mementos requests or something. If anyone is not in rank up range you should be using this. She'll be out anytime it's not raining, doesn't consume your time (only 5k + the train fee), and can be done every day. Temperance is a great time-saver but Fortune is right up there too.

    Can't help with the rest as I'm in the dungeon before that though.

    Also a minor penny-pinching tip, you can use text message invites to skip train fares. Just make sure it's not a direct invitation (ie, if it gives you the option in the text to check confidant rank then you won't really be fast-travelled there, you'll just be hanging out directly).

    I'm actually a little curious as to what, if anything, happens if you are at a station away from home and somehow bankrupt yourself.

    Edit: I've had a running stubborn goal of continuing to keep Shiki-Ouji. Current state of the "God Shiki" as I'm calling him:
    Spoiler: show


    Sukunda and Defense Master are largely filler. Swift Strike too at this point. Eventually I hope to get Ma-whatver-kajas on him but I'm too lazy to do that right now.

  17. #617
    Old Odin
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,150
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Spoiler: show


    Maybe NSFW, but spoilering also in case someone doesn't know you can romance this character yet.

  18. #618
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    30,978
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries
    9

    http://gematsu.com/2017/04/atlus-reg...sona-dance-pq2

    Atlus has registered 4 new P5 domains, a P3 Dance domain, and a Personal Dance domain.

  19. #619
    New Odin
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,803
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Might already know this but with Fortune7's Affinity Reading you should never ever need to spend days without a rank up unless it has some other requirement like Mementos requests or something. If anyone is not in rank up range you should be using this. She'll be out anytime it's not raining, doesn't consume your time (only 5k + the train fee), and can be done every day. Temperance is a great time-saver but Fortune is right up there too.

    Can't help with the rest as I'm in the dungeon before that though.

    Also a minor penny-pinching tip, you can use text message invites to skip train fares. Just make sure it's not a direct invitation (ie, if it gives you the option in the text to check confidant rank then you won't really be fast-travelled there, you'll just be hanging out directly).

    I'm actually a little curious as to what, if anything, happens if you are at a station away from home and somehow bankrupt yourself.

    Edit: I've had a running stubborn goal of continuing to keep Shiki-Ouji. Current state of the "God Shiki" as I'm calling him:
    Spoiler: show


    Sukunda and Defense Master are largely filler. Swift Strike too at this point. Eventually I hope to get Ma-whatver-kajas on him but I'm too lazy to do that right now.
    Actually I did have one situation that even with fortune reading I didn't get a rank up event for emperor once. No idea why that single time

    Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

  20. #620

    Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Actually I did have one situation that even with fortune reading I didn't get a rank up event for emperor once. No idea why that single time

    Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk
    It happens quite often, usually depends on your answers or just the confidant in general. Sometimes you can need 2-3 readings for a single rank.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag

Similar Threads

  1. Destiny - 9/9/14 (PS3/PS4/X360/XB1)
    By BadKarma in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 22328
    Last Post: 2017-10-06, 08:02
  2. Tales of Berseria (PS3, PS4)
    By Tobi in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 403
    Last Post: 2017-09-17, 08:09
  3. The Wolf Among Us (PC/PS3)
    By 6souls in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 2017-07-20, 07:56
  4. Yakuza Zero: The Oath’s Place (PS3/PS4) | Legends (PS4)
    By 6souls in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 2017-01-20, 20:56
  5. Lego: Dimensions (PS3/PS4/Xbox 360/Xbox One/Wii U)
    By Kaslo in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 2016-10-27, 11:20
  6. Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare (PC/PS3/PS4/XB1/360)
    By 6souls in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 2015-06-05, 08:47