Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Can't steal a mobs Astral Flow unfortunately... same with Meikyo cause apparently the monster versions work differently than players.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Can a blu/rdm or /run solo it? I'm thinking of giving it a whirl. Think on Final form mdt, saline coat, and barrier tusk will get me through the AF?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Maybe, but the adds on the final form like to spam Aspir for 10-20 MP each. Bring some MP medicine or might end up running out of MP and dying.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Maybe, but the adds on the final form like to spam Aspir for 10-20 MP each. Bring some MP medicine or might end up running out of MP and dying.
    I have tizona I am hoping that will keep my mp up but I will grab some meds to be on the safe side, thanks for the reminder on the aspir thing.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Are avatar's astral flows damage based on MAB or not? I'm trying to decide if I should take a geo for MAB down to survive the last form, or if I should just take a smn and PD it.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Mercilessturtle View Post
    Are avatar's astral flows damage based on MAB or not? I'm trying to decide if I should take a geo for MAB down to survive the last form, or if I should just take a smn and PD it.
    I PDed it and every time I lived.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Yeah, but then I can only do one and a smn is basically worthless for the first part of the fight. If a geo's -mab affects astral flows then they are a much nicer option. I just don't know if it does or not.

I pullout to go pee.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Winterhoof

PD is the easiest route to go

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

An alternative to using PD (especially true if you're doing multiple PW) is having a GEO use a combo of Indi-Fend and Geo-Attunement. We did 6 PW last night and not one of them were able to kill us with AF unless they were outside of range of the GEO's effect or in the other party.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercilessturtle View Post
    Yeah, but then I can only do one and a smn is basically worthless for the first part of the fight. If a geo's -mab affects astral flows then they are a much nicer option. I just don't know if it does or not.
    Any smn geared for 119 will essentially be able to one and two shot every form up to the final one.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Can't steal a mobs Astral Flow unfortunately... same with Meikyo cause apparently the monster versions work differently than players.
    Dunno about Astral Flow, but I have stolen Meikyo from Tenzen and gotten both the 3000% TP as well as the WSs costing 1000 TP each effect of it.

Quote Originally Posted by worldslost View Post
    Can a blu/rdm or /run solo it? I'm thinking of giving it a whirl. Think on Final form mdt, saline coat, and barrier tusk will get me through the AF?
    It's possible, but requires some element of luck. Use Lux Vallation in the final form, as the most damaging effect he has will likely come from Diabolos. Note that you can't stun the Lamps, so don't go relying on Whirl of Rage or Thunderbolt to save yourself.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by JeanPaul View Post
    Dunno about Astral Flow, but I have stolen Meikyo from Tenzen and gotten both the 3000% TP as well as the WSs costing 1000 TP each effect of it.
    Tenzen's ability works differently and is like true Meikyo. Other mobs instead just have their AI changed to do 3 ws.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Tenzen's ability works differently and is like true Meikyo. Other mobs instead just have their AI changed to do 3 ws.
    ^ This.

IDK why they did Tenzen like that, but for most mobs (Beastmen in Dynamis and such), Meikyo just causes 3 WS to go off. SE explained it "worked differently" and would not be able to be stolen via Larceny back before it was released.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by frodnonnag View Post
    Any smn geared for 119 will essentially be able to one and two shot every form up to the final one.
    I could always solo every form up to the final one. If I could have somehow PDed while having Garuda out, it would be cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarage View Post
    I could always solo every form up to the final one. If I could have somehow PDed while having Garuda out, it would be cake.
    problem really isn't that we can or can't PD, it's that our avatars will bite it due to pets on the final form. they nuke suprisingly hard against avatars and i have difficulty landing pacts on an unclaimed pandemonium warden in a solo situation due to that. If an avatar has his and his pet's attention, they will frequently die during the 'chargeup' before pacts even land.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

What about having a trust tanking? They have surprisingly good resistance

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Without things like Aegis or MAB- bubbles, pet TIV nukes still do like 300 with 50% mdt and >400 magic evasion. With 10 lamps, that builds up pretty fast on a single target if you don't have a dedicated healer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4