• Navigation
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 122 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    Houston could easily take Bortles or Manziel #1. Bortles projects really well and Manziel has the swag factor. Houston and Jacksonville could just as easily take Clowney if they don't love one of those top 3 and grab a QB in round 2.
    I know Clowney is supposed to be the overall number 1, but QB is also supposed to be the most important position in the NFL, and Houston does need one (unless they decide to give Schaub another chance..). I know draft order doesn't mean much in the long run, but if they have the chance to get the QB that is expected to be the best, it really seems like they should take him. Then again, I barely watched any of Bridgewater's games, and even fewer of Houston's, and still fewer (maybe 1?) of Penn State's games, so I don't know how he'd fit in with the offense there. I could see Jacksonville taking Clowney, because, like I said, what don't they need.

Bleh, it's so far away, I don't wanna talk/think about this now.. So how 'bout them Cowboys!?

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Saints release the entire D old guard. Had to happen sometime, wondering if this helps with getting Goldielocks signed.

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by Cutriss View Post
    wondering if this helps with getting Goldielocks signed.
    Pretty sure they're still fucked cap wise.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I am happy my last thread irritated you to make a better thread, with a little bit more effort put into the title and a list of 1st round draft selections.

The Browns cannot afford to trade up. Trading up would only make sense with the Rams. The point scale on moving from Pick #4 to #2 or #1 means the Browns feel their is one player in the draft that will change the franchise.
    Haslam clearly hasn't had an easy ride and just hired a defensive minded coach. I doubt the OC has a QB in mind where he could talk management into trading up. With 4 Quarterbacks, in which nobody knows who the best is --- Bridgewater, Manziel, Bortles or Carr --- it would be fucking stupid to trade up a couple spots and give up another pick in the future.

I feel the situation though. The Raiders have shown promise in trying to turn shit around, but man.. I don't know whether to be excited or scared shitless about having 65MM to spend and a #5 overall pick that Reggie McKenzie wishes he could trade right now.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    I know Clowney is supposed to be the overall number 1, but QB is also supposed to be the most important position in the NFL, and Houston does need one (unless they decide to give Schaub another chance..). I know draft order doesn't mean much in the long run, but if they have the chance to get the QB that is expected to be the best, it really seems like they should take him. Then again, I barely watched any of Bridgewater's games, and even fewer of Houston's, and still fewer (maybe 1?) of Penn State's games, so I don't know how he'd fit in with the offense there. I could see Jacksonville taking Clowney, because, like I said, what don't they need.

Bleh, it's so far away, I don't wanna talk/think about this now.. So how 'bout them Cowboys!?
    There is less than a month before free agency opens and people are getting cut every day now, which ultimately leads to draft needs and strategies. Not too far away.

Cowboys draft Leon Sandcastle, then Jerry Jones realizes it was just for marketing in last years draft..... gives Jason Garret $1,000,000 raise.

GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Artifact View Post
    I am happy my last thread irritated you to make a better thread, with a little bit more effort put into the title and a list of 1st round draft selections.

The Browns cannot afford to trade up. Trading up would only make sense with the Rams. The point scale on moving from Pick #4 to #2 or #1 means the Browns feel their is one player in the draft that will change the franchise.
    Point scale is only a guideline. The Browns traded up for TRENT before, wouldn't be crazy for them to trade up if they love Johnny Foosball and are afraid the Texans will take him.

Haslam clearly hasn't had an easy ride and just hired a defensive minded coach. I doubt the OC has a QB in mind where he could talk management into trading up. With 4 Quarterbacks, in which nobody knows who the best is --- Bridgewater, Manziel, Bortles or Carr --- it would be fucking stupid to trade up a couple spots and give up another pick in the future.
    Carr isn't viewed as being in the same tier as those other three. Whether it would be stupid or not is irrelevant - most Owners/GMs do stupid things.

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Gadritan View Post
    Pretty sure they're still fucked cap wise.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...h-roman-harper

Apparently this actually puts them under the cap, though they still need space to afford Jimmy.

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

That's what I mean. Now they're about 3m under and have to pay Jimmy.

They need a great draft now to replace that talent, because they can't afford it in FA.

GATTACA!

BG Level

idk how much talent they really lost though. Greer and maybe Vilma could still contribute but Greer is rehabbing. Smith and Harper are prob addition by subtraction.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    Point scale is only a guideline. The Browns traded up for TRENT before, wouldn't be crazy for them to trade up if they love Johnny Foosball and are afraid the Texans will take him.

Carr isn't viewed as being in the same tier as those other three. Whether it would be stupid or not is irrelevant - most Owners/GMs do stupid things.
    It is a guideline, but most teams follow by it for the most part unless desperate.
    Example being: Raiders traded #3 pick for #12 pick, to select DJ Hayden. They only received a 2nd Round pick from the Dolphins because the Raiders actually needed to trade this pick. They were in such salary cap hell, that they may not have been able to take the cap hit from a #3 overall selection, no matter who it was.

Browns, they confuse me. Derek Carr at #4 is a much better pick than Brandon Weeden in the 1st round at all. Weeden had a weak arm for throws over 20 yards, and he was 28 years old? C'mon.

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

confused by your post. but at the same time i was about to say "no way carr goes #4, unless you mean 4th qb taken" i remembered christian ponder

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Artifact View Post

I feel the situation though. The Raiders have shown promise in trying to turn shit around, but man.. I don't know whether to be excited or scared shitless about having 65MM to spend and a #5 overall pick that Reggie McKenzie wishes he could trade right now.
    Yeah nothing against your thread, I'd just been slacking on the new one and then the locals were getting restless.

I agree that trading up for one of the four QB prospects, especially when there are other needs, would be counterproductive. The thing is, Haslam has hinted that the ownership brass is infatuated with Manziel and the possibility of trading up for him is very real. At this point, nothing would really surprise me with their shitty management.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutriss View Post
    Saints release the entire D old guard. Had to happen sometime, wondering if this helps with getting Goldielocks signed.
    Good, Vilma can go pound rocks. Bounties at Miami, "I'M INNOCENT", bounties in New Orleans, "I'M INNOCENT". Fuck off.

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

lolLions news. Detroit cut Nate Burleson and Louis Delmas. Don't care about the latter but the former seemed like a cool guy. Incoming first round WR pick(does Detroit even have a 1st rd pick?).

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azull Abaddon
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Its the Browns.. expect the worse. Even if they do the smart thing expect the worse to happen as the universe corrects itself.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

The Browns are slowly turning into the Cowboys. Just without the success 20 years ago to prop themselves up on.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Their fans can just live vicariously thru the Ravens.

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    The Browns are slowly turning into the Cowboys. Just without the success 20 years ago to prop themselves up on.
    lol no

Cowboys fans genuinely think they're going deep in the playoffs every year. Browns fans know they suck and are just hoping for something worthwhile to cheer for, which they now have in Josh Gordon.

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    lolLions news. Detroit cut Nate Burleson and Louis Delmas. Don't care about the latter but the former seemed like a cool guy. Incoming first round WR pick(does Detroit even have a 1st rd pick?).
    they do, some mocks ive seen have them looking at mike evans

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

And as much fun as it is to make fun of the Cowboys, they're in the playoff race at the end of each season -- they just can't finish strong.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Bregor View Post
    lol no

Cowboys fans genuinely think they're going deep in the playoffs every year. Browns fans know they suck and are just hoping for something worthwhile to cheer for, which they now have in Josh Gordon.
    I didn't mean the fans, I meant the bat shit insane ownership group that removed the fun from dysfunctional

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 122 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast