Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Just one Gbps...

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by SamanosukeShiva View Post
    how much is google fiber optics internet costing anyway?
    120 is the total package. Premium channels are extra.

If you just want capped internet, it's free.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

reposting..

i've got $30/month (a promo rate from usual ~$80) and get about 40 meg down / 4 meg up

to add insult to injury, the new apt complex finishing across the street has fiber-to-home in all its units, and the fiber node-thingie is like 80 yards from our place. Copper coming in to here.. =/ Aaand no one motivated to / interested in upgrading even small distances to thousands of homes.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I used to live in an apartment complex that had fiber. I was charged $30 a month. I then moved to a shittier apartment complex that only had DSL. I found out that I would be paying $35 a month. I was literally about 5 miles away, in the same god damn city, and I now pay MORE for LESS service.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarage View Post
    I used to live in an apartment complex that had fiber. I was charged $30 a month. I then moved to a shittier apartment complex that only had DSL. I found out that I would be paying $35 a month. I was literally about 5 miles away, in the same god damn city, and I now pay MORE for LESS service.
    Welcome to capitalism.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Fear not my niggas, Google Claus is coming to town!

*list of towns tbd

http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2014/...fiber.html?m=1

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7PjU-KYQDW...ted_green2.png

Come on Marrrrryyyyyyland

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

The recent shit having to do with internet in America is making me throw up.

I've always heard how horrible Comcast is, but not that many people complain about TWC comparatively. I have TWC right now (not much of a choice honestly) and it's all right. The occasional outage, and it costs more than I think it should of course, but otherwise quite fine. If that changes because of this Comcast shit I'm going to be pissed.

What I'd really like is Google internet however. But they're probably never going to come to Ohio because we have nooothhhhinnnnggg up here D:

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Oh gosh I have cousins in Charlotte. So much potential IT work there. I might move just for Google Fiber.

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    The recent shit having to do with internet in America is making me throw up.

I've always heard how horrible Comcast is, but not that many people complain about TWC comparatively. I have TWC right now (not much of a choice honestly) and it's all right. The occasional outage, and it costs more than I think it should of course, but otherwise quite fine. If that changes because of this Comcast shit I'm going to be pissed.

What I'd really like is Google internet however. But they're probably never going to come to Ohio because we have nooothhhhinnnnggg up here D:
    I've had TWC and Comcast, both are shit but for the most part TWC actually worked 90% of the time w/o hassle. I did have issues with it dropping out at around 1-2am each day for awhile back when I was living at home, but I mean that was just because I was up all night on WoW and got pissed when it went out. Comcast on the other hand works 40% of the time, i've had to fucking reboot my modem 3 times now due to dropping down to .004mbps for no reason. Cable signal was absolute shit too with tons of noise.

Oh gosh I have cousins in Charlotte. So much potential IT work there. I might move just for Google Fiber
    Didn't think about that...I may need to look into moving if a lot of jobs start springing up down there. Is it North or South Carolina that's a shithole?

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Hooray Googleclaus

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zimt Zucker
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    Comcast on the other hand works 40% of the time, i've had to fucking reboot my modem 3 times now due to dropping down to .004mbps for no reason. Cable signal was absolute shit too with tons of noise.
    I've had Comcast in the San Fran Bay Area for five years now, with minimal problems after the initial setup. I'm usually at or above the quoted speed, and rarely notice any slowing, even when both the wife and I are streaming Netflix and I'm playing the interwebs.

Didn't think about that...I may need to look into moving if a lot of jobs start springing up down there. Is it North or South Carolina that's a shithole?
    South primarily, though North has issues of its own.

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/T...-TV-Fee-127822

Users in our Time Warner Cable forum inform us they too are taking part in rate hike season festivities, the cable operator informing users that prices will be going up for many users starting March 1 for both cable TV and broadband services (not to mention set top box rentals).

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Come on Marrrrryyyyyyland
    Better idea: Move out of Mordor.

Quote Originally Posted by ringthree View Post
    Better idea: Move out of Mordor.
    Hellz no, one of the top areas for cybersecurity! (but only if you have a proper clearance because no company wants to pay for your clearance but totally want you to work for them its ok you can be an intern for four years at low paid wages and hope you get your clearance eventually)

Believe me, the prices around here are fucking stupid, soon as I get a proper few years background i'm outtie.

Shootin' rocks at monsters
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Clash Perez View Post
    I've had Comcast in the San Fran Bay Area for five years now, with minimal problems after the initial setup. I'm usually at or above the quoted speed, and rarely notice any slowing, even when both the wife and I are streaming Netflix and I'm playing the interwebs.
    North of Seattle here, and yeah, same thing. The only time my internet goes down is once every few months at midnight or 2 am when they're doing maintenance work, and it's always up before I get up in the morning. I can run FFXI and stream movies on my computer, Mrs. run LoL and a movie on hers, and have the kids computer streaming in some stuff for them, and never really had any lag. Buddy of mine back east has all kinds of problems with Comcast, but up here, I really don't have any complaints with reliability.

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

A lot of it also has to do with what type of plant build is out there. Like with TWC in San Antonio, we have a lot more up-to-date plant build in the NE/NW/NC part of San Antonio, but anything
    on the East,West, and South Side is pretty much 30 yr old plant material >.>

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Our merger with Comcast: What it means to you.

Dear Valued Customer:

Recently, Time Warner Cable announced plans to merge with Comcast, forming an industry-leading technology and media company dedicated to delivering great customer experiences.

Above all, this merger will benefit you, our customers. Our two companies have been behind many of the innovative services that you enjoy every day—digital cable TV, high-speed Internet, DVRs, Video On Demand and WiFi in the home and on-the-go—to name just a few. The combined company will innovate faster and deploy even better products and features, including a superior video guide, faster Broadband Internet speeds and even more WiFi access points so you can access the Internet wherever you go.

We expect the merger to close around the end of 2014. In the meantime, all of us at Time Warner Cable remain committed to providing you with great TV, ultra-fast Internet, rock solid phone service and innovative home security and monitoring. And we will continue to make significant investments to improve reliability and to enhance our customer service.

We are very excited about the promise of this combination for you, our customers.
    We’ll keep you posted as things evolve in the coming months.

As always, thank you for choosing Time Warner Cable.

Sincerely,
    Robert D. Marcus
    Chairman and Chief Executive Officer

http://images.bigfootinteractive.com...129/spacer.gifImportant Information For Investors And Shareholders
    In connection with the proposed transaction between Comcast Corporation (“Comcast”) and Time Warner Cable Inc. (“Time Warner Cable”), Comcast and Time Warner Cable will file relevant materials with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the “SEC”), including a Comcast registration statement on Form S-4 that will include a joint proxy statement of Comcast and Time Warner Cable that also constitutes a prospectus of Comcast, and a definitive joint proxy statement/prospectus will be mailed to shareholders of Comcast and Time Warner Cable. INVESTORS AND SECURITY HOLDERS OF COMCAST AND TIME WARNER CABLE ARE URGED TO READ THE JOINT PROXY STATEMENT/PROSPECTUS AND OTHER DOCUMENTS THAT WILL BE FILED WITH THE SEC CAREFULLY AND IN THEIR ENTIRETY WHEN THEY BECOME AVAILABLE BECAUSE THEY WILL CONTAIN IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Investors and security holders will be able to obtain free copies of the registration statement and the joint proxy statement/prospectus (when available) and other documents filed with the SEC by Comcast or Time Warner Cable through the website maintained by the SEC at http://www.sec.gov. Copies of the documents filed with the SEC by Comcast will be available free of charge on Comcast’s website at http://cmcsa.com or by contacting Comcast’s Investor Relations Department at 1-866-281-2100. Copies of the documents filed with the SEC by Time Warner Cable will be available free of charge on Time Warner Cable’s website at http://ir.timewarnercable.com or by contacting Time Warner Cable’s Investor Relations Department at 1-877-446-3689.

Comcast, Time Warner Cable, their respective directors and certain of their respective executive officers may be considered participants in the solicitation of proxies in connection with the proposed transaction. Information about the directors and executive officers of Time Warner Cable is set forth in its Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2013, which was filed with the SEC on February 18, 2014, its proxy statement for its 2013 annual meeting of stockholders, which was filed with the SEC on April 4, 2013, and its Current Reports on Form 8-K filed with the SEC on April 30, 2013, July 29, 2013 and December 6, 2013. Information about the directors and executive officers of Comcast is set forth in its Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2013, which was filed with the SEC on February 12, 2014, its proxy statement for its 2013 annual meeting of stockholders, which was filed with the SEC on April 5, 2013, and its Current Reports on Form 8-K filed with the SEC on July 24, 2013, August 16, 2013 and February 14, 2014. These documents can be obtained free of charge from the sources indicated above. Additional information regarding the participants in the proxy solicitations and a description of their direct and indirect interests, by security holdings or otherwise, will be contained in the joint proxy statement/prospectus and other relevant materials to be filed with the SEC when they become available.

Cautionary Statement Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
    Certain statements in this communication regarding the proposed acquisition of Time Warner Cable by Comcast, including any statements regarding the expected timetable for completing the transaction, benefits and synergies of the transaction, future opportunities for the combined company and products, and any other statements regarding Comcast’s and Time Warner Cable’s future expectations, beliefs, plans, objectives, financial conditions, assumptions or future events or performance that are not historical facts are “forward-looking” statements made within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. These statements are often, but not always, made through the use of words or phrases such as “may,” “believe,” “anticipate,” “could,” “should,” “intend,” “plan,” “will,” “expect(s),” “estimate(s),” “project(s),” “forecast(s),” “positioned,” “strategy,” “outlook” and similar expressions. All such forward-looking statements involve estimates and assumptions that are subject to risks, uncertainties and other factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from the results expressed in the statements. Among the key factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements are the following: the timing to consummate the proposed transaction; the risk that a condition to closing of the proposed transaction may not be satisfied; the risk that a regulatory approval that may be required for the proposed transaction is not obtained or is obtained subject to conditions that are not anticipated; Comcast’s ability to achieve the synergies and value creation contemplated by the proposed transaction; Comcast’s ability to promptly, efficiently and effectively integrate Time Warner Cable’s operations into those of Comcast; and the diversion of management time on transaction-related issues. Additional information concerning these and other factors can be found in Comcast’s and Time Warner Cable’s respective filings with the SEC, including Comcast’s and Time Warner Cable’s most recent Annual Reports on Form 10-K, Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q and Current Reports on Form 8-K. Comcast and Time Warner Cable assume no obligation to update any forward-looking statements. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements that speak only as of the date hereof.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SephYuyX View Post
    Above all, this merger will benefit you, our customers.
    War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength. AHAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by SephYuyX View Post
    Our two companies have been behind many of the innovative services that you enjoy every day—digital cable TV, high-speed Internet, DVRs, Video On Demand and WiFi in the home and on-the-go—to name just a few.
    If TiVo and ReplayTV were always subsidiaries of the cable companies, it makes those subsequent lawsuits between them really fucking silly.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Yeah I got that email the other day as well, I thought it was just a proposed merger not an actual one...then again I was just going by the thread title >_> ugh ugh ugh. Come on Google take over the world already.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag