+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Toth View Post
    So how is the new RUN healing ability?
    Heals 425 with 3 Ice runes, heals a really shitty amount(sub 200) with 3 Dark runes. It's not bad for soloing weak stuff. Disclaimer: did not test if cure potency or raw stats worked, I only messed with dark/light/ice/wind rune.

The animation has a green circle on it, and it seems wind is slightly less potent than ice for whatever reason. Mileage may vary, etc.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

So has anyone found the pizza cutters yet?

If anyone wanted to know, Composure apparently gives +19 accuracy according to /checkparam, not the 10 or 15 previously thought

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

Swipe does some pretty nice damage. I did between 700-750 with Ignis to toughs in Kamihr Drifts. That was with only my gimp 56 MAB though. With better gear and buffs I'm sure it would do a lot more.

Anyone tested yet to see if overdrive's haste effect is magic or JA haste? Wondering if automatons can hit the haste cap during 2 hour now.

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

It caught me off guard how big Outer Ra'Kaznar is.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Casey_ View Post
    Heals 425 with 3 Ice runes, heals a really shitty amount(sub 200) with 3 Dark runes. It's not bad for soloing weak stuff. Disclaimer: did not test if cure potency or raw stats worked, I only messed with dark/light/ice/wind rune.

The animation has a green circle on it, and it seems wind is slightly less potent than ice for whatever reason. Mileage may vary, etc.
    Anything special with some different combinations? Remove debuffs etc?

Some general questions:

1) Map of Ra'kaznar?
    2) Are there new Home Points? (Ashu Talif, Ra'Kaznar, etc), no mention in the patch notes
    3) The AF2+2 augments were revealed in details by SE on a japanese article. What are we gonna do about RUN and GEO ones now? SE said anything on jp forums mayhap?
    4) Didn't they say they were releasing 117 Sachet and animator? Didn't see anything new in the dats. Did they just "change" the ilevel of the old ones? (eminent)

@Trumpy
    Yes, they said there's gonna be a JSE capes exchange in the march patch but no other details were given. Like requirements, conditions, exchange ratio or anything else.
    As far as we know they could push the idea even forward or just decide to scrap it.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

1) buy in Scouts
    2) nothing new, the skirmish entrance is your waypoint to the new area
    4) nothing yet

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Psion View Post
    Anyone tested yet to see if overdrive's haste effect is magic or JA haste? Wondering if automatons can hit the haste cap during 2 hour now.
    Do you mean the total -delay cap? Hmmm could check it out when I get home I suppose if no on else has

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Anything special with some different combinations? Remove debuffs etc?

Some general questions:

1) Map of Ra'kaznar?
    2) Are there new Home Points? (Ashu Talif, Ra'Kaznar, etc), no mention in the patch notes
    3) The AF2+2 augments were revealed in details by SE on a japanese article. What are we gonna do about RUN and GEO ones now? SE said anything on jp forums mayhap?
    4) Didn't they say they were releasing 117 Sachet and animator? Didn't see anything new in the dats. Did they just "change" the ilevel of the old ones? (eminent)

@Trumpy
    Yes, they said there's gonna be a JSE capes exchange in the march patch but no other details were given. Like requirements, conditions, exchange ratio or anything else.
    As far as we know they could push the idea even forward or just decide to scrap it.
    For number 3 - if you're asking about there being augments on the GEO/RUN RF2, they come automatically with it. For GEO, I've already gotten the head, which came with "Enhances "Primeval Zeal" Effect" (ugh) and the body which comes with "Enhances "Bolster" effect" (yay!). I might be misinterpreting the question though. xD

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    the fuck is critical parry
    My first thought was the added chance of parrying what would normally proc as a crit hit.

Campaign
    BG Level

@Kensagaku
    Yeah you were but my fault for not being clear enough.
    I meant that those augments often had very strange/hidden/peculiar effects. Some were more or less sorted out by players through tests, trial and error, but we got confirmation on them all (including all of those which we couldn't understand) thanks to the fact that SE published in japan a long article where they carefully explained the details of all those augments.
    The data you find on BGwiki now concerning those augments, comes from there.

My question was maybe half a rant about how are we gonna do now with the new GEO and RUN augments? And was kinda wondering if there was something being said on the jp forums about it.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

One thing that would be nice to know as the Bgwiki often doesnt mention it is weather some of the relic augs only need to be used on activation or during the effect. For example I think im told most 1 hour augs and counterstance is only when used. but the dancer ones for fan dance and saber dance are for the duration of it being active. Theres a few other jobs which i cant think of atm that i dunno which way they work and would be nice to have if anyone kne

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm disappointed that there isn't any battle content in this update worth doing. All the Relic reforged is making you do the same battles for Chapters they released a few months ago, and get +1 chapters from the Merit BCs, Delve content (nearing a year old) and the original Voidwatch content, some 3 years old. Whilst the augments on the new Skirmish gear haven't fully been explored yet, there seems little reason to do it given losing your NQ augments for a chance that you may or may not get them back, with a little more STR etc. And the bulk of Relic gear is worse than the bulk of Artifact gear.

There seems to be a trend where they are just rehashing old equipment and old content. I hope they don't do the exact same formula for Empyrean gear, but using, I don't know... Legion drops as upgrade mats.

I'm not sure how others feel, but this update has given me very little reason to be interested in the game for very much longer. I want NEW battle content, not a crappy reason to redo content I've already done many, many, MANY times before that I got bored of a long time ago.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Aemora View Post
    I'm disappointed that there isn't any battle content in this update worth doing. All the Relic reforged is making you do the same battles [cut]
    While I can understand your disappointment for the lack of new battles (but have you tried the new zone fights and Skirmish 3.0? As "little" as it may seems, it's not "nothing") are you sure about what you're asking for?
    What would you prefer, for such content to be put in a corner and forgot about?
    Things in a game like this work as long as people (a lot of people) keep doing them.
    And one of the best ways to keep people's interest high about a certain type of content, is tying new rewards to that.

In other terms: a large part of the player base still need stuff from BCs and AAs (rem tales). Making so new gear relies on that stuff too = a bigger player pool doing that content = easier to find other players to do stuff with you.
    It's the same with voidwatch. They've been trying hard to revamp VW to put some of those materials (HMPs, Riftcinders etc) back in the market. This is a very good way to achieve that.
    Are you sure you really want to complain?

Let me ask again: what would you have liked them to do with this patch? To offer you?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The melee skirmish gear's primary purpose is to be used as high end DT sets. With the upgrade from 113 to 119, the pieces all got a significant boost in defense, which makes them all the better for that purpose.

If you really, really want to keep your old augments, then buy new 113 pieces with leb wings, and put PDT/MDT on that.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Oh, I noticed this yesterday, but forgot to mention: normal experience has a cap of 1650 exp per mob, it seems. Killing level 114 Umbrils gives the same exp as level 118 Ironclads.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Wonder if your ilvl might effect that...

Let me ask again: what would you have liked them to do with this patch? To offer you?
    For me, slipping new items into old content isn't really giving new content and is a definite way to aggravate me if I'd been done with it. Doubly so if I didn't like that particular piece of content when it was actually fresh. And for those who are done with it, they're not likely to just travel with PUGs out of the kindness of their hearts. Nah, they'll hit up those they did it with first. So I wouldn't be so quick to say the PUG pool expands.

If it's more about rejuvenating supply of those things that don't exist like HMPs, this is when SE swallows their pride and adjusts those trials and perhaps adds HMPs as rare drop to abyssea mobs in general so the soloist could hope to build up on their own. Put the others on some of the +2 NMs or buyable with Cruor and suddenly getting an Emp to 99 is more feasible. Relics and Mythics with their currency reqs could also see a significant cut, cries of those who'd feel ripped off be damned.

It is okay to let content die. Otherwise, we may as well start clamoring Neo Eco-Warrior and all that other shit nobody does anymore or even really did back in the day. Or maybe a full dev time for a full sub cost.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Is there really only one new quest this time? Feels like there should be at least 2 for the GEO and RUN relic....

Also, I still want to do normal eco-warrior.