Some extra data:

Bow+2 +2 stones:
    +19DMG +2 Dex -6Enmity
    +19DMG +2 STR -8Enmity

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Anyone have any experience augmenting Hagondes +1? Curious if it has the same range of bullshit as last time, or if it seems a bit more refined.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    Anyone have any experience augmenting Hagondes +1? Curious if it has the same range of bullshit as last time, or if it seems a bit more refined.
    Spent around 3 mil so far on NQ and +1 without any good results. Same range of bullshit. Sometimes +1 stone will yield you pdt mdt and nothing else but MDT and MAB might not share the same slot.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Shitty. Guess I'll just dump NQ stones into it that I pickup while getting KIs, hope to get 19 MAB and just chalk it up as a minor upgrade. Was hoping the augs had been changed, aug'd two pieces of Cizin +1 with +2s so far and both went 1/1 as +2% DA and -3% PDT and MDT.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyramion View Post
    Spent around 3 mil so far on NQ and +1 without any good results. Same range of bullshit. Sometimes +1 stone will yield you pdt mdt and nothing else but MDT and MAB might not share the same slot.
    I'm not trying to sound like an ass, but I have no idea why you wasted gil like this. Surely, buying 1-2 +2 stones (about 3 mill on my server) would have had a much higher chance of better results. I have no idea who is buying +1 stones for a decent price or why they would...

Campaign
    BG Level

I can't talk for prices now, but when you can get >10 +1 stones for the price of 1x +2 stone, you get many more chances of getting the augment you want for the same price, even if that augment doesn't have the chance of being as strong as it could on the +2 stone.
    I mean, for some sets the hard part is not just getting a good amount on your augment, but getting the *right one*.
    Look at Hagondes or Iuitl for instance.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Been selling tons of +2 stones actually while their price is still nice and just picking up cheap +1s on the go. Got many stacks of NQ tho.

I'd maybe agree with you on Armor that is not Hagondes.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    I can't talk for prices now, but when you can get >10 +1 stones for the price of 1x +2 stone, you get many more chances of getting the augment you want for the same price, even if that augment doesn't have the chance of being as strong as it could on the +2 stone.
    I mean, for some sets the hard part is not just getting a good amount on your augment, but getting the *right one*.
    Look at Hagondes or Iuitl for instance.
    Is that necessarily true though. Not sure if there is enough data on skirmish 3 upgrades to necessarily know it works exactly the same for the armor as 2 but with mdt. Also what were the odds of no random stat with +1 stones in 2 vs using +2 stones? I personally always got the random stat with +2 stone so I'd assume there would be a difference so it might not be as many chance difference using more +1 stones. Plus so far I think the only +wsdmg weapons we've seen were +2 stones so looks like they at least might have a bias

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Also what were the odds of no random stat with +1 stones in 2 vs using +2 stones?
    Lyramion was talking about Hagondes Set, not weapons, and my message was written with that in mind.
    For weapons I think I'd personally focus on +2 and wouldn't bother with +1/NQ.
    Armor sets is another story, Hagondes and Iuitl at least I'd never use +2 on, but that's just me.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Lyramion was talking about Hagondes Set, not weapons, and my message was written with that in mind.
    For weapons I think I'd personally focus on +2 and wouldn't bother with +1/NQ.
    Armor sets is another story, Hagondes and Iuitl at least I'd never use +2 on, but that's just me.
    I know that's why the first main part of my speculation was about armor. The last part was just a possibly link to weapons. Just wondering what are the odds of getting any of the random stats on +1 vs +2 since it does seem to be different. Basically my thought is that the real extra chances you get might not just be the gil difference so for purely hypothetical numbers lets say 50% chance to get random aug with +1 100% with +2 then it's not really 10 chances vs 1 for the same price but 5 to 1. Still favoring the +1 but not as much with those purely made up numbers. Was also just wondering if there might be some new stats that only happen with +2s or something... that said I probably wouldn't even waste my gil upgrading from nq and reauging. Might just be better to stick with nqs and maybe throw some +2 stones at it

Campaign
    BG Level

Well for Hagondes and pet: augs I absolutely agree with that.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well burned 8 NQs and 6 +1s on Hagondes Sabots +1, got:

NQs:
    5 -1% PDT
    +3 MAcc -1% PDT
    +5 Pet: MAB -1% PDT
    +2 MAB -1% PDT

+1s:
    3 -1-2% PDT
    +22 MAcc -2% PDT
    +24 MAB -3% PDT
    +18 Pet: Att/R.Att -1% PDT

Was going to keep the MAcc one, but of all times, I dced in between seeing the augment and changing to it. -_- Took 4 more stones to get the MAB one, better than my old Sabots aug and better than the Manabyss Sabots, but still kinda miffed at losing the MAcc. Was surprised at the number of +1 augs that came with just -PDT, prolly just a low sample size. I've got plenty of gil, but not enough to burn on the likes of -perp and +Pet:Att augs at 1.3 mil a pop. Maybe we'll see some good/common numbers outta +2s once someone goes down that money sucking path.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So there is some guy shouting for 111 runs that claims if you chose to leave after finishing the primary objective but not doing the secondary you will get KI 100% or something. Any idea if that is valid at all?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    So there is some guy shouting for 111 runs that claims if you chose to leave after finishing the primary objective but not doing the secondary you will get KI 100% or something. Any idea if that is valid at all?
    That's a load of crap. I've done tons of full wins and 1/2 wins and I've yet to get the key item. It sounds like the guy was desperate to put a group together and decided to troll.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm guessing he read Pchan's post on FFXIAH, about how doing 111 and leaving after first objective is the fastest way to get KIs. Assuming that piece tier doesn't effect the drop rate, he's right, but that's quite an assumption. KI drop rate is shit regardless, some claim anything from 5% to 30%. Know someone who says they're 0/40. Just do the event, get stones, wings, KIs, etc, and hope for the best. Worst case, a full run is like a gimpy session of meriting lol. RoE shadow geodes and fenrites help a bit though.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Ki drop rate is 1/6 chance after first objective. We have been spamming 1/1/1 on the week end with 30+ runs, 6 characters, on average 1 char gets the KI. It doesn't seem to be much lower than secondary objective and the point is that it takes 10mn only.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Someone in our group acually was insane enough to trade his 12 wings for a KI. From the map and fragments it was a 2 body 3 legs and some subpar head. So I guess it might be a random combination.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by Lyramion View Post
    Someone in our group acually was insane enough to trade his 12 wings for a KI. From the map and fragments it was a 2 body 3 legs and some subpar head. So I guess it might be a random combination.
    Hmmm did he try to disassemble it?

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by JSHidaka View Post
    Hmmm did he try to disassemble it?
    Actually didn't get that idea.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast