Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Campaign
    BG Level

Didn't mean to say that mages would have "problems", just that BRD/DNC imho would do it even better/faster.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

So if augments are unchanged, on the DNC feet will have stats listed +15 STP from closed position 5/5? Am I reading that right?

Also, do you need to already have it augmented for this to work, or does it automatically give the upgrades once you reach A2+1 (regardless of where you start out)?

Seems strongish.

Campaign
    BG Level

All of the DNC reforged AF2 is nice, but before more competent players like Byrth give their comments, here's my take

Head => nice for Waltz of course, but for there are better options for TP/WS. If you don't have Whirlpool this is probably the best ws option?
    Body => 109 version is already a nice WS piece, in addition to the uses the lv99 version had already (No Foot Rise and Violent Flourish). 119 gonna be boss for WS at least
    Hands => possibly one of the best WS piece? Interesting TP piece if you need 5% haste for your build (check Iuitl+1 too tho). Nice TP piece if you're using Fan Dance (but should you?)
    Legs => 109 is probably the best TP piece thanks to good overall stats (no DEX Q_Q) and the augment. 119 gonna be boss and possibly better than Natirah for Exenterator?
    Feet => Decent TPpiece, if you have 5/5 Closed position it's like 20 STP, that's a lot. Aside from this, I think there might be better TP options (perfectly augmented Iuitl+1?)

Legs & Body are a must imho. Head for waltzes, and Hands/Feet can be very nice pieces.
    Overall DNC got a nice update I'd say, much better than most other jobs.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Yeah, 20 STP and 4% Haste plus other stat vomit. It is strong. WS delay is already half as long as DNC's hasted WS period though.

Campaign
    BG Level

My take on PUP too:

Head => best idle piece, possible best for nuking (lol)
    Body => best WS piece? 109 is looking nice already, 119 gonna be really awesome for that. The Automaton stuff doesn't look particularly interesting
    Hands => Tough choice between these and Regimen Gloves. Damage-wise these might be better for your automaton thanks to the Augment. Gonna be tough picking one between these 2 and fuck inventory+1
    Legs => Ehr... nothing special for the master (again, no DEX on legs, sigh...). Awesome for BLM doll in theory but who uses BLM doll in the days of Stone I spam?
    Feet => Exactely as above. Good STR for master but don't see it worth it.

And on Ninja:

Head => Uh... NIN nuking lol? Doesn't shine particularly in anything. Good parrying but, dunno, there are better options for the slot imho
    Body => Need to see 119 to understand how good/worse this is gonna be compared to Hachiya. Personally I like it a lot already and there's no annoying spikes effect. I feel it's gonna be slightly worse than Hachiya tho (when you're not at delay cap, of course)
    Hands => I love these! Too bad for the lack of AGI or it would be the definitive WS piece (still awesome for Shun, just not for Hi). Otronif+1 with perfect DA might still be better for TP but these are a really nice piece with utility too, I like them
    Legs => Again, no DEX >.> Only level 109 but these are gonna become the best for TP in delay uncapped situations, better than Hachiya imho.
    Feet => Best WS piece? That's it I think.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Didn't mean to say that mages would have "problems", just that BRD/DNC imho would do it even better/faster.
    didnt mean it that way, i was just surprised why urat thinks a BRD shouldnt be able to solo their exp dynamis trials, with songs etc etc. when a mage can do it too without any brd buffs

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by urat View Post
    Thief feet also give assasin's charge a 5% crit rate at full merits, which when combined with the other triple attack stats on it seem not half bad, at worst a good macro piece.
    That's actually not as good as it sounds. Full meriting AC in the first place is rather meh. The difference between 1 and 5 merits is so miniscule that it's not worth noting. And it's stats/uses are kinda at cross purposes with each other. Like say you use it for just melee. The triple attack rate on it already kinda devalues the quad proc. And the quad proc will stop the triple attack dmg boost which effectively devalues the dmg increase from it's extra hit even more. For ws the crit rate will only matter on evisceration which is the one ws where quad attack proc will actually lower dmg again kinda countering the dmg increase from crit rate

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Tangential question but has SE said anything about reforging Empyrean armor?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

They have indirectly mentioned it. They said that RUN and GEO would be getting AF3 equivalents and showed some concept art that was presumably of said AF3.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    didnt mean it that way, i was just surprised why urat thinks a BRD shouldnt be able to solo their exp dynamis trials, with songs etc etc. when a mage can do it too without any brd buffs
    My point was not many mages out there are in a position to just go and solo exp in dynamis for 2 hours to get their augments. Now they can get their augments on relic via SKNMs instead, which is probably quite the boon for many people.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by urat View Post
    My point was not many mages out there are in a position to just go and solo exp in dynamis for 2 hours to get their augments. Now they can get their augments on relic via SKNMs instead, which is probably quite the boon for many people.
    dear lord you just need to slap on some eminence/skirmish gear and and ilvl 117 weapon on mage and you can roll on dynamis exp... how hard can that be? I can understand that if ones inventory is limited because ones mage jobs are more secondary jobs then main jobs, but any mage that plays a mage job as his main should have no problems whatsoever to slap on some gear together from their daily mage ilvl gear to cap equipment haste and have a decent ilvl weapon at hand. granted haveing at least 1 merit into club or staff WS is very helpfull.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

It was more of the "2 hour" part that is the point holding back a lot of people, especially the more scrub tier players. I am fully aware that RF2 armor brings little to nothing to the table of the experienced players who have no trouble getting top of the line gear.

But for some players, just getting ready for a dynamis run is an hour long affair of its own, on top of figuring out how the hell TEs work and etc. For many of us it's second nature, but for some people who are still stuck in abyssea mode they want to avoid dynamis as much as possible.

So yeah, slapping on some eminence gear, grabbing an ilvl weapon, and trying to solo dynamis for 2 hours is significantly harder for some people vs joining a SKNM20 shout run on their mage and getting their relic reforged after maybe 1 or 2 hours of just healing DDs.

For a newby whm, the latter is probably a helluva lot more appealing. You have to look at it from the perspective of other types of players who are much more casual.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistrianna Galanodel
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

any ideas on what the RUN/GEO augments do on the relic armor yet?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

If it takes you an hour each time to get ready for any uncapped solo event in this game I'd recommend you stop masturbating while gearing up. Also what exactly is there to learn about dynamis xping? Learning how to read a map of the TEs.... and you're done

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Geomancer

Head: Enhances Primevil Zeal effect
    Body: Enhances Bolster effect
    Hands: Enhances Curative Recantation effect
    Legs: Enhances Mending Halation effect
    Feet: Enhances Radial Arcana effect

When making the 109 Relic you have 2 options of mats to choose, when I did all mine I chose the option that needed 3 mats instead of 2 which I'm thinking gives you the augments now rather than later.

Pics
    Head:

Body:

Legs:

Feet:

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Why are you guys arguing w urat?

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    Why are you guys arguing w urat?
    You're one to talk

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Roundelk View Post
    When making the 109 Relic you have 2 options of mats to choose, when I did all mine I chose the option that needed 3 mats instead of 2 which I'm thinking gives you the augments now rather than later.
    Actually, there's no difference. Both options provide the same 109 piece with the augment intact. By time I got online, most of the mats had already spiked in price. Bought the first set of 3, but then figured why not give the second option a try. You take out two of the money mats, and substitute in a food item you can get from the merchants in the circle, and a fee of 96k bayld. If you're recently returning or just never been active in SoA, the price might be too high to be feasible over the crafting mats. But if you've been with SoA from the start, could get all 5 pieces that way and prolly not even use 25% of your bayld. Nice alternative to save some gil.

As far as how they augment them, haven't done any dedicated testing, but Mending doesn't appear to heal status effects. Used Bolster earlier with the intention of seeing if it was just a +duration increase, and completely forgot to equip the piece. :3

COR head just 50% chance for the bonus? If so I'm very dissapointed with the wording and the 17% increase.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast