BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    Actually, there's no difference. Both options provide the same 109 piece with the augment intact. By time I got online, most of the mats had already spiked in price. Bought the first set of 3, but then figured why not give the second option a try. You take out two of the money mats, and substitute in a food item you can get from the merchants in the circle, and a fee of 96k bayld. If you're recently returning or just never been active in SoA, the price might be too high to be feasible over the crafting mats. But if you've been with SoA from the start, could get all 5 pieces that way and prolly not even use 25% of your bayld. Nice alternative to save some gil.

As far as how they augment them, haven't done any dedicated testing, but Mending doesn't appear to heal status effects. Used Bolster earlier with the intention of seeing if it was just a +duration increase, and completely forgot to equip the piece. :3
    Yeah. Any boost for Radial is good though :D I am guessing Bolster effect is simply duration increase though.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    If it takes you an hour each time to get ready for any uncapped solo event in this game I'd recommend you stop masturbating while gearing up. Also what exactly is there to learn about dynamis xping? Learning how to read a map of the TEs.... and you're done
    funny part is you dont even need the TE if you are usung an anniv. ring and are solo, but that depends on your kill speed. with a cure mule definitly not.

Campaign
    BG Level

Yeah but getting TEs = more occasional/random procs even if you're not aiming for that.
    Anyway, please correct me if I'm wrong, this is what's necessary for upgrades:

For 109
    NQ Relic => ???
    +1 Relic => 100 coins, 10x rem tales 1-5, some materials (same used for NQ>+1?)
    +2 Relic => 10x rem tales 1-5, materials
    +2 Aug => 5x rem tales 1-5, materials

For 119
    1 drop from VW, 1 drop from Delve, 8x Rem tales 6-10

I have a lot of +2 Relics, most of which are augmented. But I also have some pieces that I didn't bother to upgrade to +2 (they sucked) and I want to upgrade now to 109 at least. Need to understand the most efficient way.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well sure we'd all like procs for more currency but then you change the argument from a comparison of just speeds at which you can make them to speeds and gil. Not to mention using said forgottens to upgrade to +2 so you wont have to use 100 coins... and/or using the coins so you don't have to buy any so that kinda goes to the time it cost to farm the gil/buy mats if not doing dynamis.

I probably wouldn't xp all of them but at least continue to do it until I had everything +2d. Possibly continuing to do so if the market for forgottens/coins is good

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So tried testing run legs with 1 merit in inspiration. Luckily af legs have the same haste so easy swap. Klimaform with just 6 haste is 2:49 recast as expected. Put up vallation with 1 merit and it goes down to 2:41 which seems right for 10% fast cast. Switching relic legs got 2:39 which looks like another 2 fast cast to me. So assuming it's per merit like all the others this leg effectively gives you 10 fast cast on top if it's haste -cast time to enhancing... not too bad.

Run body does not appear to enhance liement duration at all like it says it does... maybe it means it increases the number of attacks it will absorb? Might be hard to test with such a small window outside of pvp. Enhances elemental Sforzo increased duration by ~8 seconds probably 10 with timestamp just being dumb

Campaign
    BG Level

but then you change the argument from a comparison of just speeds at which you can make them to speeds and gil.
    I just used the word "efficient", which is a bit generic I guess... for someone it could be "time spent", for someone "gil spent". For me it's a mix fo both.
    First of all I wanted to know what's the difference in requirements between NQ AF and +1 AF.
    I mean, 100 coins doesn't seem that much of a steep requirement. It's probably faster and cheaper than getting 50 Forgotten Items, especially the expensive ones like Thought/Hope.
    Even if you wanted to farm for Thought/Hope, it's a bit random and a pain without TH, and you'd still get coins while farming for them.
    Whereas for coins you can easily farm them with any job in any zone.

As for the Elemental Sforzo upgrade, I assume it just follows the model of all other SP ability enhancing items? Those who just get the duration increased (the majority) follow a fixed pattern, the amount of added seconds depends on the amount of the original duration of the JA. I don't see why Elemental Sforzo should be an exception to that pattern.

Campaign
    BG Level

Ok so for NQ it's 200 coins.
    So basically for my tastes it seems the best compromise between time spent/gil spent is to go for the +1 version and upgrade that.
    Just do a dynamis run in the zone that drops the -1 for the piece you want and farm the 130ish coins needed at the same time, then do the +1 upgrade and after that the 109 upgrade.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Run body does not appear to enhance liement duration at all like it says it does... maybe it means it increases the number of attacks it will absorb? Might be hard to test with such a small window outside of pvp. Enhances elemental Sforzo increased duration by ~8 seconds probably 10 with timestamp just being dumb
    For Liement testing, just go hit something with blaze spikes.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Was testing out the roll bonus, and came out with some pretty strange results with hat (109) and Ranger in the party for Hunter's Roll. The hat increases the accuracy bonus by 7 at the cost of 10 ranged accuracy, but I came out with the same results each time.
    (also bust penalty is -15 acc/racc)

Spoiler: show
    Bad information

Edits: I failed this one pretty hard.

Campaign
    BG Level

Any competent SAM wants to comment on the reforged Relic?
    Body looks like a better version of the Reforged AF one, and also a replacement to Phorcys body or any other WS body being used so far. I mean, I'm thinking about the possible stats of the 119 version.
    That augment gives 5tp back each WS you use. Wonder if it works during meikyo shisui and if it works with Tsurumaru's Save Tp.
    Either way, it's hot stuff, isn't it?

And feet too should be a very solid WS option (and awesome during Meikyo Shisui), or are there better ones with multiattack or something?

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Are you absolutely sure that Lanun Tricorne is causing the discrepancy? Does it affect any other rolls? Seems strange that the hat would be causing it, especially a static value. Could be that our values for Hunter's were wrong before we had direct access to seeing accuracy values.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Are you absolutely sure that Lanun Tricorne is causing the discrepancy? Does it affect any other rolls? Seems strange that the hat would be causing it, especially a static value. Could be that our values for Hunter's were wrong before we had direct access to seeing accuracy values.
    Need to stop staying up late to test things, found the mistake it was in some GS stuff.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Bonus is exactly as listed for hunter's roll, hat doesn't do anything special beyond what was already assumed.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Ok so for NQ it's 200 coins.
    So basically for my tastes it seems the best compromise between time spent/gil spent is to go for the +1 version and upgrade that.
    Just do a dynamis run in the zone that drops the -1 for the piece you want and farm the 130ish coins needed at the same time, then do the +1 upgrade and after that the 109 upgrade.
    For Head/Body, maybe. For the pieces you can 119 right now there's no way this is more efficient. People looking to profiteer off this update have stockpiled so many Forgotten items and undercut each other so hard that just going straight from NQ to +2 through magian is the cheapest and quickest method by miles.

Speaking of undercutting, I can't imagine why the hell anybody is wasting their time farming the VW drops. If <1 mil for a 5% drop is worth it to some people then why the hell are HMPs so hard to find? FFXIDB puts pouches at 6% droprate, for the record.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Priran View Post
    Speaking of undercutting, I can't imagine why the hell anybody is wasting their time farming the VW drops. If <1 mil for a 5% drop is worth it to some people then why the hell are HMPs so hard to find? FFXIDB puts pouches at 6% droprate, for the record.
    Just speaking from low manning them with LS members for merits for AAs/Kam/Eald, but it's quick merits with a chance of profit. If we've got the people (like a DM night) and a few are short on merits, we'll hit up a pouch dropping NM. But for AAs, Celaeno has been our go to pre-update. Now that extra shot at a mil is just icing on the cake.

As for the baddies who shout for an hour to fill alliances with specific jobs to cap lights on the NMs that have these drops, they're just being dumb. I don't mind the cheap supply of mats on the AH though. ;D It's great to see the undercutting wars that happen.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Not to sound lazy, but does anyone have a breakdown of what relic pieces are good by job? Comparing 100 pieces through stat vomit is kind of annoying, I'm sure some people here have focus on 2-3 jobs and can offer insight there.

Ranger
    Head was already used previously, adding stat vomit makes it a no brainer.
    Body at 109 might be better than Kyuju when using Double Shot, not probably not. 119 Stat vomit may make it better,but for now, meh
    Hands For TPing where you need racc, they fall behind a couple pieces. They might find use in a WS set, with highest STR among hands but the AGI falls behind on other pieces (but also have ratk). The Snapshot is comparable to Iuitl before any augs, so thats not a selling point.
    Legs already used for EES, adding stat vomit is good. Snapshot falls way behind Nathriah. At 119 their value may increase past EES piece, but at 109 theres not much. It could be a good mix of ratk/racc piece for TPing at the moment.
    Feet If you are in a capped racc situation, these will excel over Orion+1, otherwise should just be used for WSing.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Finished 5/5 GEO relic. Here's my thoughts.

Head: Relic gives higher HP than AF, but the stat vomit is inferior to the AF. Each stat -2 basically. Enhances Drain/Aspir is nice, especially with properly skilled Dark Magic skill.
    Body: Geomancy Skill +10. No brainer, wear full-time
    Hands: Relic hands refresh is only 1 mp/tic. AF hands are better due to Geomancy Skill +15 and Luopan DT -10%
    Legs: Indiclosure +12 = 12 seconds extended duration of Indi spells but you have to wear it full-time. Stat vomit is slightly better than AF legs. AF Legs are good for Fast Cast set.
    Feet: Luopan Regen +2 (I haven't quite figured this out yet) Only thing going for AF is Movement Speed +12.

I can't figure out if the Luopan Regen +2 is for extending the duration time of the Luopan, or if it's for Geo-Regen giving an extra 2 hp/tic regen on top of the 30 hp/tic regen with capped skill. I haven't tested it yet.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Dark Knight:

Head: Pretty useless
    Body: Useless at 109, might become a good accuracy WS piece at 119 if you don't have Mes'yohi Haubergeon
    Hands: Best Drain/Aspir piece in the game by far, and very good for Endark as well
    Legs: Useless at 109, may become best Dark Magic skill piece at 119
    Feet: Highest STR on feet slot by good margin, so is good for Resolution when you don't need the accuracy of Whirlpool/Scamp

Blood Weapon (body), and maybe Diabolic Eye (hands) are still the only useful augments.

Red Mage

Head: Best hat for enfeebling
    Body: Best fast cast and enhancing skill body; will only improve at 119
    Hands: Best enhancing skill for hands slot, if you are willing to give up the duration+ of relic 119
    Legs: Pretty useless, unless you really want more damage on your spikes when meleeing; may become a good PDT piece on par with 119 skirmish at 119
    Feet: Best feet for enfeebling

Chainspell (body) is still the only useful augment.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

You don't need to full time skill or "Indicolure spell duration" equipments for geo spells, they work like bard songs.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Yeager View Post
    I can't figure out if the Luopan Regen +2 is for extending the duration time of the Luopan, or if it's for Geo-Regen giving an extra 2 hp/tic regen on top of the 30 hp/tic regen with capped skill. I haven't tested it yet.
    Couldn't it just be giving your luopon 2 regen to somewhat counteract the natural dot it has?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast