+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

AOL? Nigga here used to rotate those Netzero and Juno 10 hours of free net accounts back in the day

Oh man I remember stealing a few accounts+passwords back in the day for dial up and using them at my home until people caught on (they rarely ever did since I logged in late at night).

Earthlink had the best connection quality for me lol Fuckin AOheLL... The original data prostitution experts!

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    AOL? Nigga here used to rotate those Netzero and Juno 10 hours of free net accounts back in the day
    Wasn't netzero free forever?

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by hey View Post
    Wasn't netzero free forever?
    Negative. I'm not sure if they were free first, then introduced the Juno model (offering better service for 20/month and 10hrs a month free for the standard) or they were like Juno to start and became free later on

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

I used to go to my boy's house to mooch AOL, but at the house we had cable from teh jump.

Here's something fun to do if you have skype.

go to:

Linux /home/user/.Skype/skyeusername
    Windows C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Skype\
    OSX /Users/user/Library/Application Support/Skype/skypeuser

there is a db there called main.db. Open it in w/e, I used sqlite3 and you can browse through all your stored contacts, and even your stored chats....lol.

Your calls, video and files are encrypted along with IMs, but skype doesn't encrypt this local file and keeps it in a common and well known location where it's easy to get to.

Credit to DrOptix and DragoAY for finding this.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

According to news sites (cnn, foxnews etc) Ebay was hacked and they are asking people now to change their passwords.

Is this in response to Intercept's censoring of wikileaks info? Intercept was created by the ebay founder. Or is this just hackers trying to get $$

In other news, China caught hacking our companies and stealing our trade secrets..how dare they do this shit to us while we do it to them and others!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    In other news, China caught hacking our companies and stealing our trade secrets..how dare they do this shit to us while we do it to them and others!
    Come on Meresgi. Don't you know it's OK for us because we're the good guys? Haven't you ever seen a John Wayne movie? The US is John Wayne and China is Jason McLeod.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    According to news sites (cnn, foxnews etc) Ebay was hacked and they are asking people now to change their passwords.
    Press Release
    eBay Inc. (Nasdaq: EBAY) said beginning later today it will be asking eBay users to change their passwords because of a cyberattack that compromised a database containing encrypted passwords and other non-financial data. After conducting extensive tests on its networks, the company said it has no evidence of the compromise resulting in unauthorized activity for eBay users, and no evidence of any unauthorized access to financial or credit card information, which is stored separately in encrypted formats. However, changing passwords is a best practice and will help enhance security for eBay users.

Information security and customer data protection are of paramount importance to eBay Inc., and eBay regrets any inconvenience or concern that this password reset may cause our customers. We know our customers trust us with their information, and we take seriously our commitment to maintaining a safe, secure and trusted global marketplace.

Cyberattackers compromised a small number of employee log-in credentials, allowing unauthorized access to eBay's corporate network, the company said. Working with law enforcement and leading security experts, the company is aggressively investigating the matter and applying the best forensics tools and practices to protect customers.

The database, which was compromised between late February and early March, included eBay customers’ name, encrypted password, email address, physical address, phone number and date of birth. However, the database did not contain financial information or other confidential personal information. The company said that the compromised employee log-in credentials were first detected about two weeks ago. Extensive forensics subsequently identified the compromised eBay database, resulting in the company’s announcement today.

The company said it has seen no indication of increased fraudulent account activity on eBay. The company also said it has no evidence of unauthorized access or compromises to personal or financial information for PayPal users. PayPal data is stored separately on a secure network, and all PayPal financial information is encrypted.

Beginning later today, eBay users will be notified via email, site communications and other marketing channels to change their password. In addition to asking users to change their eBay password, the company said it also is encouraging any eBay user who utilized the same password on other sites to change those passwords, too. The same password should never be used across multiple sites or accounts.
    http://www.ebayinc.com/in_the_news/s...ange-passwords

http://www.troyhunt.com/2014/05/the-...disabling.html

This is a big issue too with websites, not allowing you to paste into the password field...as if hackers were just CTRL-C > CTRL-V over and over when bruteforcing...

hackers still brute force things?

Quote Originally Posted by GoggleHead View Post
    There's nothing stopping them from setting and forgetting the brute force attack while they pursue more personally involved social engineering attacks. Never know - it could get lucky.

Of course, do you know how many people still use:

password
    password123
    Password
    letmein

and many others as their passwords? Along with using Admin/Administrator and other stupid shit as account names.

A dictionary attack isn't quite the same thing as brute force.

A dictionary attack isn't quite the same thing as brute force.
    My mistake, but the example still works. As those passwords would all be easily brute forced as well.

https://www.grc.com/haystack.htm

http://www.techworm.net/2014/05/avas...ked-login.html

Antivirus firm Avast has today confirmed that it took its Community support forum offline following a data breach which may have affected log in ids and passwords of more than 400,000 users.
    Would be even better if they were hacked due to some malware an employee downloaded.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    Of course, do you know how many people still use:

password
    password123
    Password
    letmein

and many others as their passwords? Along with using Admin/Administrator and other stupid shit as account names.
    Couldn't help but lol on that one.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag