+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Looks like the hackers also took three Sony movies (Annie, Still Alice, and Mr Turner) that have yet to hit US theaters.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I don't know if this is the proper place to put this but it has to deal with the Sony hack.

Some Sony emails have surfaced that occurred sometime between Feb and I believe October of this year that detail the falling out of the planned Steve Jobs film. In the email exchange Angelina Jolie's name comes up because she wanted to steal away the director from the Jobs film to direct her Cleopatra movie and drama ensues to the point where Angelina gets called a "Spoiled Brat" among other things.

http://defamer.gawker.com/leaked-the...-jo-1668882936

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Ars Technica got hacked the other day and the culprit had a chance to make off with the User table:
    http://arstechnica.com/staff/2014/12...-what-we-know/

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

German steel mill gets hacked to the tune of $100M+ in damages:
    http://arstechnica.com/security/2014...steel-factory/

Now, that is what I call a hack. Back in my day, more than feelings got hurt during a hacking.

Staples confirms data breach; up to 1.2M cards affected. http://cnb.cx/1AmB9ZB

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

The German Defense Minister's fingerprints
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/12..._from_a_photo/

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    The German Defense Minister's fingerprints
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/12..._from_a_photo/
    Ha, yeah I remember reading his research back during the whole Apple fingerprint scanning shit. very cool stuff.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Chik'fil'a is investigating a possible breach.

ISIS hacks US Centcom's Twitter
    http://rt.com/usa/221927-central-com...ybercaliphate/
    A statement posted on the website Pastebin shared by the compromised CENTCOM account announced:

“US and its satellites kill our brothers in Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan we broke into your networks and personal devices and know everything about you.

You'll see no mercy infidels. ISIS is already here, we are in your PCs, in each military base. With Allah's permission we are in CENTCOM now.

We won't stop! We know everything about you, your wives and children.

US soldiers! We're watching you!”

Stupid empty threats like that and what happened in France last week are little things that push me to considering getting a concealed weapons permit. Don't think we'll be having ISIS running around shooting up Miami any time soon, but if there moment were to arise, wouldn't we want to be ready?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Waraji Willis in Die Hard 6: Miami vs. ISIS

Miami IS, now with more phil collins.

Shit that sounds more like a terrorist cell. Great now I'm probably flagged on some CIA database...

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Waraji View Post
    Stupid empty threats like that and what happened in France last week are little things that push me to considering getting a concealed weapons permit. Don't think we'll be having ISIS running around shooting up Miami any time soon, but if there moment were to arise, wouldn't we want to be ready?
    That is one thing I questioned in BG Chat when this incident happened due to curiosity. We can clearly see scared people taking shelter on the top floor of that building and then having the opportunity to film that.

Had this incident taken place in the US, and correct me if wrong but I believe a lot of people own guns over there (depending on state?), would Americans, knowing full well they're terrorists (rather than a random white/black guy with a gun) hesitate to gun them down or get into a possible firefight? (as these 2 killers were rather heavily armed).

While we didn't really speak much about this further, someone, I forget who, just suggested no, they'll run away lol.While that is plausible, half of me does think (in a stereotypical manner) a lot of people are itching to use their guns. Hope this doesn't slip into that gun thread territory -- but I do wonder if the reaction would be different and people will switch into "defend" or " 'murica!" mode and go crazy.

Also in such a scenario, if a bystander with a gun does kill the terrorist would he be ostracized as a murderer who shouldn't be carrying a gun (i.e. he didn't have a permit to do so in the first place) or hailed as a hero for preventing the terrorist from murdering more people?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Depends where you are in the US. Concealed carry is much less common in some areas than others. Also, iirc the studies on whether concealed carry actually protects the carrier are conflicted at best or tend towards no.

That is one thing I questioned in BG Chat when this incident happened due to curiosity. We can clearly see scared people taking shelter on the top floor of that building and then having the opportunity to film that.

Had this incident taken place in the US, and correct me if wrong but I believe a lot of people own guns over there (depending on state?), would Americans, knowing full well they're terrorists (rather than a random white/black guy with a gun) hesitate to gun them down or get into a possible firefight? (as these 2 killers were rather heavily armed)
    Wont derail the thread into gun topic, but in my opinion and to echo Byr up there from things I have read it doesn't work out like the fantasy that most have in their heads of them saving the day. Sure it happens but most often they actually harm themselves or others instead of stopping a major threat. Not to mention that if/when police storm the building it's kind of hard to tell if you are the guy who saved the day, or the gunman who needs to be put down immediately.

Well, typically people who stage these kinds of attacks have more than a side arm. Shouldn't be terribly difficult to make the distinction

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    Wont derail the thread into gun topic, but in my opinion and to echo Byr up there from things I have read it doesn't work out like the fantasy that most have in their heads of them saving the day. Sure it happens but most often they actually harm themselves or others instead of stopping a major threat. Not to mention that if/when police storm the building it's kind of hard to tell if you are the guy who saved the day, or the gunman who needs to be put down immediately.
    I can see your reasoning here and it does make sense. I didn't take the possibly of the "wanna be hero" harming others besides the terrorists themselves. Makes sense, especially for people with no formal training.... yeh. Agreed.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

In a turnabout.
    http://krebsonsecurity.com/2014/12/l...trail-of-fail/
    In fact, these Lizard geniuses are so inexperienced at coding that they inadvertently exposed information about all of their 1,700+ registered users (more on this in a moment).
    Reminds me of a little something famous here on BG.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Raptr compromised
    Maintaining the highest level of security around your Raptr account information is of the utmost importance to us, so we're very sorry to inform you that some Raptr user data may have been recently compromised in an attack similar to hacking activities that have targeted other high-profile sites and services such as Xbox Live and Sony's PlayStation Network.

User names, email addresses, password hashes, and some first and last names may have been accessed. This means that although the passwords are hashed, users with weak passwords are vulnerable to unauthorized access. It's important to note that our two-factor authentication system used for redeeming Raptr Reward Points ensures that even if your Raptr account was among those compromised, the points you've earned as a Raptr member are protected.

Although the potential risk to Raptr users is pretty minimal, we urge you to access any accounts on other sites and services in which you use the same login and password associated with your Raptr account and change the related password(s) immediately.

Reset your password at your earliest convenience in order to help safeguard your Raptr account. In doing so, we strongly advise you to use a password that is reasonably complex and not associated with another site/service account.

If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact Raptr's Customer Service group.

We're extremely sorry about this situation and are committed to further improving account security going forward.

Sincerely,

Dennis Fong
    Founder & CEO, Raptr
    http://raptr.com/TinyDino/news/54c97...r-announcement

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text