Ifrit

Bugs Bunny is always relevant

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

The Looney Tunes show airs on CN to the best of my knowledge but there was a sizeable gap in the late 2000s where they were nonexistent. I haven't personally seen them prominently featured since CN had licensing to the old episodes for a long time. The month long marathons in June and whatnot. That was early 2000s.

Young children probably do not connect with them at all, honestly.

I should also add that Looney Tunes Show isn't aimed towards kids at all. It's a shout out to our generation.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

hell yes it still airs, and you can buy them shits on dvd

i have nieces, nephews and god-children, which is why i know bugs is still a part of kids' lives

GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    i thought the same thing. i dont have kids or younger siblings and im not a fucking child toucher like abandon, so i dont know whats hot with the kids. i did some googling and it looks like that have a few shows on cartoon network which is good.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...nt_programming

It lists Tom & Jerry and Looney Tunes but both only from 1992 and onward. Better than nothing but kids are missing the classics!

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    hell yes it still airs, and you can buy them shits on dvd

i have nieces, nephews and god-children, which is why i know bugs is still a part of kids' lives
    Sadly my younger relatives watch shit like Dora and live-action Disney channel crap. No classic cartoons so they probably have no future.

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

My kids love Looney tunes and Tom and Jerry.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

The thing is that even though kids may know who these characters are, they just aren't the same ones we grew up with. The original Looney Tunes were shorts that featured certain characters in stories where their personalities kind of shined. The current Looney Tunes is in more of a sitcom format where you have Daffy and Bugs living together with real life jobs and responsibilities while getting into weird situations. For instance, one episode had Bugs and Lola Bunny (remember her from Space Jam?) go on a date, but due to some miscommunication they become engaged and Bugs tries to find a way to break it off because he doesn't like her. Also the show completely destroys Lola Bunny's character as she is made to be a stereotypical blonde ditsy character who talks a lot and is obsessed with Bugs Bunny.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

i was joking when i pretended to not know who lebron was but i think that guy who thought disney voiced bugs bunny was serious

GATTACA!

BG Level

Not happening?

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayli...james-20140223

idk what to believe

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Newest series as far as I'm aware. Haven't really watched it but after spending 10 minutes youtubing it, it seems pretty funny (and it has Kristen Wiig, which is always a win).

(In response to "Is Bugs Bunny still relevant?")

Banned.

BG Level

Fuck this, bring MJ back!

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

As much as I enjoyed the first movie, I'm not that optimistic about this.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

dont worry its not happening but at least Rembert gave us this

For years, Space Jam 2 has been rumored. And then, for a few hours on Friday, it was real. Very real. So un-fake, in fact, that things like “producers” and “leading actors” were attached to the project.

The headline via Deadline, Friday afternoon:

“Ebersols Aboard to Produce and Script Warner Bros’ ‘Space Jam 2’ As a Starring Vehicle For LeBron James”

And with that, mayhem. Happy mayhem that many a now-adult’s favorite childhood movie was getting the reboot, as well as angry mayhem that many a now-adult’s favorite childhood movie was getting the reboot. Either way, it was happening. And just like that, LeBron James was checking yet another box in his pursuit of all things Michael Jordan.

So that news broke around happy hour. By the end of dinner:

Unfortunately for Space Jam beat writers like myself, by the time the news was reported as untrue, I’d already plowed through 60 percent of my spec script for Space Jam 2. To be fair, my script did not change much from the original, with the exception of subbing in LeBron and other current players for Michael and his fellow NBA contemporaries, as well as Kevin Hart for Wayne Knight. But there was one major change: the stakes of the game.

In the original, Michael made a bet (because Michael) that if the Tune Squad won, the Monstars would have to give back the powers to Charles Barkley, Patrick Ewing, Shawn Bradley, LJ, and Mugsy Bogues. But if they lost, the aliens got Michael. In Space Jam 2, there are also Monstars, but if the Tune Squad loses, LeBron has to go back to Cleveland.

You can argue that being a Cavalier and being a slave to a cartoon alien race are exactly the same fate, but there are some differences. I promise.

Below, the only surviving scenes from my script (once the news broke that the reports were untrue, things got ugly).

♦♦♦

SCENE ONE — EXT. GOLF COURSE

LeBron is golfing with his agent, Kevin Hart, teammate Christopher Bosh, and actor Bill Murray. LeBron, not a good golfer, hooks one to the right. But once it reaches the rough, the ball somehow begins to travel back to the green. LeBron has never hit the green before, so he’s excited, even though in his heart of hearts he knows something is up. They watch the ball as it rolls toward the hole. And then it goes in. It’s LeBron’s first hole-in-one. LeBron is dancing, while Hart has jumped on Bosh’s shoulders. Murray is worried, though, because he vaguely remembers a similar incident this one time playing golf with Michael Jordan, which resulted in Jordan getting lassoed into a cartoon wormhole by Yosemite Sam.

When they reach the hole, Murray tries to stop LeBron from reaching in. “Let’s just leave it there,” Murray says. Bosh and Hart look at LeBron and agree that he should have invited Wale instead. LeBron reaches in to retrieve his ball. And then he’s sucked into a wormhole by Yosemite Sam.

Murray shrugs his shoulders. “I told you so.” Hart screams, promotes Think Like a Man Too, and runs in the other direction. Bosh pulls on his left ear two times, dissolves into a puddle, and follows LeBron down the hole.

SCENE TWO — EXT. BLACKTOP

Cue: “Basketball Jones,” sung by Brook and Robin Lopez.

A confused Derrick Rose approaches a court where middle school kids are playing basketball. As Rose leans against the fence, the ball rolls to him, causing one of the kids to follow the ball, right to Rose.

“Oh my god, you’re D-Rose.”

Rose shakes his head in the affirmative, and then asks if he can play. The kids oblige, pumped that their hero wants to play basketball with them. So Rose laces up his Adidas and walks out onto the court.

Within two minutes, Rose’s jump shot is blocked and then stolen by the same kids that were thrilled to see him.

“You’re not Derrick Rose, you’re just some wannabe that looks like him.”

A devastated Rose wants to tell them that something has happened to his powers, and this time it’s even bigger than his death trap, Adidas. But he can’t. So they banish him from the court.

SCENE THREE — INT. ARENA

After Lola Bunny (voiced by Kate Upton) is introduced to a rousing ovation, Daffy Duck (played by Dwight Howard in a Daffy Duck suit) is introduced to a quiet arena.

“Very funny,” he says to the crowd. “Let’s all laugh at the Dawhite.”

SCENE FOUR — INT. LOCKER ROOM

“Quit hogging it, LeBron. We’re your teammates,” says Bugs Bunny, as he grabs a bottle labeled “LeBron’s Secret Stuff.” The Tunes were convinced it would make them incredible basketball players like MJ, so they take turns chugging the mysterious potion in the bottle. But in actuality, it wasn’t HGH. Or the Clear. Or That Deer Antler. Or even that A-Rod. “LeBron’s Secret Stuff” was nothing more than molly water, which has no performance-enhancement abilities, but clearly explains how he found himself in an animated world playing basketball for his freedom with Looney Tunes. The Tunes leave the locker room confident from their placebo potion, ready to dominate in the second half. Then Hart grabs the bottle and squeezes it in his mouth, in hopes of gaining some powers of his own. But, of course, there’s none left.

With this newfound confidence, the Tunes are up to their old tricks. They’re attaching dynamite to the opposing team’s backboard, shooting out the Monstars’ teeth with real guns, and pulling down the Monstars’ shorts by way of a fishing line, which causes LeBron — even in the heat of molly passion — to laugh hysterically with his old golfing buddy Christopher Bosh, who is somehow officiating the game in a Miami Heat jersey.

♦♦♦

None of this matters. Because it’s not happening. Even though my script was geared toward a Tune Squad loss, setting up a third and final film involving the return of Michael Jordan playing high-stakes blackjack in Cleveland for LeBron’s freedom, it now lacks importance. And, to be honest, that’s probably a good thing. Because as fun as Space Jam 2 sounds, it’s a horrible idea. It can’t be better than the original, and could only hope to be as good, which means it would probably be horrible.

But those five hours were fun. And no one can take that away from us.

Tio Derp
    DHC Glitch of the House of Weave

BG Level

Id watch the shit out of that lmao

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I don't know how to embed videos from Yahoo, but watch this shit, its amazing.

http://screen.yahoo.com/sketchy/30-3...155008766.html

GATTACA!

BG Level

best part:

"In the original, Michael made a bet (because Michael) "

I'll probably be one of the few people here that didn't really enjoy these cartoons while growing up. The animation felt dated even then, there were a lot of characters I didn't like, and we were certainly past a good bit of the political undertones that wiggled into a lot of the stuff. With nieces and nephews of my own, and sitting down to watch TV with them from time to time, it's also rare they settle on these. I think of the retro stuff, Scooby Doo gets the most love. But in the end, I don't really think they're hurting because of it. We also had original stuff that adults then probably shook their heads at, but we still loved. They've got the same. Sure, it's dumb to see live-action stuff on Cartoon Network, but fuck all we can do about it.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

I used to love them as a kid, but I kind of lost touch with them as I grew up. Then again that might be in part due to how much I hated June Bugs with a passion back in the day and I wasn't too fond of The Looney Toons Show.

goddamn rembert is the best

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    I did not know how badly I wanted another Space Jam till just now..
    This was my reaction upon seeing this thread title.....Until now I had not known what a giant hole there was in my life