+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

If there were servers in NA, sure...but as it stands, with how laggy the Delve area can get at times, to the point packets are actually lost, I'd rather avoid anything that has a 1-2 second long window when you're already dealing with 400-600ms lag

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

If there is going to be a damage window gimmick, I've always thought it would be a great way to bring back skillchains. Something simple like if a weaponskill is used and it isn't used as part of a skillchain, the mob can do something really nasty in response. I know I would get a kick out of a mob that had the ability to mimic like a colibri, but using WS instead of magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Xantavia View Post
    If there is going to be a damage window gimmick, I've always thought it would be a great way to bring back skillchains. Something simple like if a weaponskill is used and it isn't used as part of a skillchain, the mob can do something really nasty in response. I know I would get a kick out of a mob that had the ability to mimic like a colibri, but using WS instead of magic.
    That has potential to be the funniest thing ever, even better than watching people fail @ the matamata. Something that KO's the person who weaponskills if there is no skill chain performed within the window. Like inflicts doom upon weaponskill use, and wears if a skillchain is performed in the 2 second doom window. Super doom though, uncurable with only a 2-3 second count down.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Counters a WS with a TP move that has a 5 second charge time, skillchain's stun it.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Anomie View Post
    That has potential to be the funniest thing ever, even better than watching people fail @ the matamata. Something that KO's the person who weaponskills if there is no skill chain performed within the window. Like inflicts doom upon weaponskill use, and wears if a skillchain is performed in the 2 second doom window. Super doom though, uncurable with only a 2-3 second count down.
    That would really screw over jobs that use single hit WS. A 5+% chance of dying whenever you WS? That's not very fair.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    That would really screw over jobs that use single hit WS. A 5+% chance of dying whenever you WS? That's not very fair.
    I am kinda thinking which single hit WS is nowadays decent? Even then there are decent multihit WSs on practicaly every weapon/Job. Hell most of the merit WSs are multihit.

Who gives a shit about "fair"? They threw "fair" out the window years ago. Especially with shit like encumber, while having your level depend upon the gear you cannot wear. That's not fair.

Single hit weaponskills: ranger. ALL relic weaponskills. (especially catastrophe with its 99% miss rate... *fume*).

Never the less, hilarious. Missed ws? Guy before you dies! Fail to skillchain? Guy before you DIES! Think it'd be cute to bluskillchain and someone messes it up? YOU DIE!

Anitzerg with comedy, EPIC.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Time to /thf!

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

mobs that encumber are ones that you can run from their moves. its not bad if your whm keeps a cureskin on you between hits that actually land, itll have worn off before long. the only people who will die are the morons who dont understand game mechanics.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

cant really run from ballistic kick, beastruction has pretty huge range too.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

oh no i mean run away from their regular attacks after the encumber ws. everyone who got encumbered fans out away from the mages, and the one who has hate just kites it.mobs who encumber have regular swings that are aoe, so they have the stop to attack. as long as that happens the mob shouldnt WS again since no ones feeding it tp till encumber wears off. if anyone gets hit from regular attacks, just have a cureskin on them/cure them after the hit and it should be fine.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Soon you'll die simply for not having hate.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Randomly dooms person who is lowest on the hatelist

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Just make sure the BRD always has hymnus up!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    I bet yumcax zone will have a Morta type NM too.
    I'm thinking this as well. We'll probably see a return of the voidwatch models for Colibri and Apkallu too. Hope you all like wisecrack.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a sedna-like model for the kumhau zone.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by pancakesandsex View Post
    I'm thinking this as well. We'll probably see a return of the voidwatch models for Colibri and Apkallu too. Hope you all like wisecrack.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a sedna-like model for the kumhau zone.
    sedna is aquan, how does that fit in with kumhaus beast type theme?

waiting on the last nakual being amorph, cant wait to encounter another charmga botolus rex type NM... in his Delve zone

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    sedna is aquan, how does that fit in with kumhaus beast type theme?

waiting on the last nakual being amorph, cant wait to encounter another charmga botolus rex type NM... in his Delve zone
    And an Unstunnable sandworm that spams any one of it's annoying moves. And a slug that works like the ANNM one!

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Poor SE. We're mocking their long standing retarded ass difficulty schemes.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I actually would want to see a slug nm that sticks to you and uses tp moves for regular attacks again. Was actually kind of fun

Campaign
    BG Level

Some random considerations about new delves

1. Will they take place in Cirdas_M like the previous three? Or Yorcia_M? Or a new zone entirely?
    2. I don't expect them to be a huge leap forward in difficulty, altough I do expect it to be a bit harder, especially at start because they will be "new" and the 2 megabosses and their peculiarities will likely require slightly different setups from the ones we're used to for the previous 3 megabosses.
    3. Two new Delve zones supposely means 10 more NMs in, I dunno, likely Marjami and Yorcia? What will they drop? New sets of gear? Hmmmm I doubt it. New delve weapons? Again I doubt it. New accessories and stuff? I can see this possible. Wonder what the ilevel will be though, because 110/113 at this point would be kinda pointless for gear/weapons, of course it wouldn't matter for accessories. Personally I'm expecting/hoping for them to drop materials or something to turn the 3 old Delve sets into +1 version (ilevel 119). I'd love some of those pieces in +1 version, many of them are great inventory savers for people with multiple jobs, plus the selectable augment system was really nice.
    4. Will it allow the new system (scalable difficulty, reduced hp of outside mobs) immediately? I dunno but I expect it not at start. This for two reasons: Reduce the lag in zone at start and because drops will be "better" than the previous 3 delve zones (check above)
    5. Will the Megaboss drops follow the pattern we saw on the previous 3? Where the MB version of Naakuals 106 drops had the same 3D model/icon, but very different stats (i.e. they wren't just "stronger" version of the 106 ones). Will they follow this model of diversity or, since we're talking about 115 vs 119 here, they'll just be stronger versions of the Naakuals ones? I think they will be different but honestly I'm hoping for the "+1" model. I'd love a +1 Buremte Gloves, +1 buremte hat, +1 Uk'uxkaj boots and head, and so on.
    6. MB will have additional drops not found on the Naakuals (the original 3 ones had this for accessories, mainly). I expect this to happen for the 2 new MBs as well, but I wonder if this might happen for other stuff like weapons? We still haven't seen some types of weapons from Delve/Naakuals for instance, like Katana and stuff. Will we really have to wait the 7th Naakual? (likely available in the next delve patch together with Kumhau)

What's everybody's opinion on these points?
    I'm really hoping for +1 version of Delve armour or, alternatively, three new ilevel 119 item sets with similar characteristics and job sharing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast