Closed Thread

Thread: Kila and Fusetto testing     submit to reddit submit to twitter

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Kila and Fusetto testing

I'm trying to add random things I discover to wiki, but it's hard sometimes because the format isn't set up to handle it and I'm far from a master wiki-person. Also, I have some times where I'm PMed testing. I could just do a quote thing with spoilers here to stick that in. For instance:

WS damage+10% dagger only works in the main hand:
    Spoiler: show
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth
    Hello! I noticed that you have the WS damage Fusetto! I was wondering if you would do a very quick test for me to verify something.

The test couldn't be done on Iceday or Windsday, but any other day works. It would be:
    * Get 300 TP in E.Ron with Kila/Fusetto (Kila main hand, Fusetto offhand) and use Cyclone on one of the starter mobs.
    * Get 300 TP in E.Ron with Fusetto/Kila (Fusetto main hand, Kila offhand) and use Cyclone on a starter mob.

If they're the same, then Fusetto works even in the offhand. If they're different, then it only works in the mainhand. I took the STP path, because I did this test when I had the Cyclone damage+10% dagger and found that it only worked in the mainhand. If you have the generic "Weaponskill Damage +10%" dagger though, I was thinking maybe they changed it so it would work either way. This would also let you know whether you should use your WS damage+10% dagger in the main or offhand, too.

Thanks!
    - Byrth
    Quote Originally Posted by Erlayn
    Hey I did the test you requested.

Kila+1/Fusetto+1

Test 1 - Forest Hare 371
    Test 2 - Forest Hare 369

Fusetto+1/Kila+1

Test 1 - Forest Hare 408
    Test 2 - Forest Hare 410

So the WS damage+ is only effective in main hand which sucks balls. But oh well.

~Erl
    I chalk the difference in damage up to using it at different TPs or in different gear, as Cyclone should be constant and dINT should be capped on Forest Hares. I assume she was fairly consistent though, as the conclusion we reached was unfavorable for her and there was about a 10% difference between the two groups of two numbers she gave me. She was 85 and on Dancer, probably also wearing gear.

PS. Erl, send me a message if you want me to take this down or make you anonymous or something. You were contributing to the general knowledge base of FFXI, so I figured you wouldn't mind.

Masamune

i'm kinda doubtful about that WSdmg+10% test...

+10% dmg difference on a WS dealing 300+ dmg should see 30+ dmg difference. Those tests only shows like 2 dmg difference o.O
    Maybe missing a 300TP test w/o Fusetto to compare ? or use energy steal/drain whose formulas are known ?
    I admit tough it's weird to see still a 2dmg difference lol o.O

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Masamune View Post
    i'm kinda doubtful about that WSdmg+10% test...

+10% dmg difference on a WS dealing 300+ dmg should see 30+ dmg difference. Those tests only shows like 2 dmg difference o.O
    Maybe missing a 300TP test w/o Fusetto to compare ? or use energy steal/drain whose formulas are known ?
    I admit tough it's weird to see still a 2dmg difference lol o.O
    Oh, she meant that she got ~370 with Kila+1/Fusetto +1 and ~408 with Fusetto+1/Kila+1 (approximately +10% damage from main-handing WS damage+10% Fusetto +1). I haven't figured out how to format things properly again yet since the last BG change. I really don't know why she had variable damage, but it was systematically different and I assume she wasn't, like, going at 300TP for one and 200TP for the other both times.