1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 11 hours, 2 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 12 hours, 57 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 4 hours, 2 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 5 hours, 57 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rozaria Eleanor
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Lord of the Whorl - Primal Battle Preview (02/28/2014)

02/28/2014 3:45 PM
    Lord of the Whorl - Primal Battle Preview (02/28/2014)

http://img.finalfantasyxiv.com/t/8a8...fbfe85bf34.png
    The release of patch 2.2 is drawing ever closer, and today we'll be giving you a glimpse of the new Leviathan battle!

Leviathan - Lord of the Whorl

The Sahagin, the reviled beast tribe native to the Indigo Deep, have succeeded in summoning forth their voracious god, the primal Leviathan. How will the Warriors of Light stand against the might of the sea's most diabolical denizen?

http://img.finalfantasyxiv.com/t/8a8...fe85bf34_0.png

The Whorleater (Hard)
    Level Requirement : Disciples of War or Magic level 50
    Item Level Requirement : ????
    Party Size : Eight players
    Time Limit : 60 minutes
    Quest Name : The Lord of the Whorl
    Quest Prerequisites : Players must first complete the quest "Into the Heart of the Whorl."

The Whorleater (Extreme)
    Level Requirement : Disciples of War or Magic level 50
    Item Level Requirement : ????
    Party Size : Eight players
    Time Limit : 60 minutes
    Quest Name : Whorl of a Time
    Quest Prerequisites : ????

Rewards

Deluge the Lord of the Whorl and you will be rewarded handsomely for your efforts.
    http://img.finalfantasyxiv.com/t/8a8...fe85bf34_1.png

* Development screenshots are subject to change.

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

The weapons look kinda cool. Apparently it's going to drop a shield for mages, at least for WHM in that picture

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rozaria Eleanor
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by OWS_Tonx View Post
    The weapons look kinda cool. Apparently it's going to drop a shield for mages, at least for WHM in that picture
    yea, wonder what new ilvls incoming for those weapons, allagan 2 Armors, allagan 2 weapons, AF2 and maybe new Relics.

it seem patch gona hit us 25/27 march unless there is delays

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

with the gear gap right not between DL-Allagan is currently 70 to 90 I would assume new allagan may be 110 and CT may be that filler for 100. Since weapons are currently 95 and they're introducing Levi EX + new Allagan ones, that's kinda tough. I would want to guess and say Levi is going to be 100 and new Allagan may be 115. That's just assuming it follows the ilvl gaps that are in place now so who knows

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I'm wondering how they'll be doing loot distro. The weapons will be from hard mode onry? Will extreme drop them? Things are getting a bit out of whack now which will probably confuse a lot of people. Current extremes don't drop weapons, but accessories, and the only i90 accessory slot left out last patch was earrings. If it's gonna stay synch'd with the rest then these weapons will be hard mode, making them worthless most likely, and we'll see earrings from the extreme or something. To that end I wonder if Levi will become part of the weekly.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

i90 Earrings drop from titan. You mean Necklace I assume. Also I don't expect Levi acc to be the same level so he could drop anything.

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I think you mean neck, Titan gave us earrings. But you're right, someone mentioned yesterday in one of my LS's that Levi Ex was going to drop the weapons but I'm not sure what his source was. I wouldn't be surprised either though, Titan HM weapons are i80 iirc which is on par with nq relic so they may make them i85 or so. 90 would be cool but then that just defeats all the new Primal EX weapons they added. It would be fucking retarded to intoduce 2 new high ilvl weapons in the same patch so it does make sense they're HM weaps

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rozaria Eleanor
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by OWS_Tonx View Post
    I think you mean neck, Titan gave us earrings. But you're right, someone mentioned yesterday in one of my LS's that Levi Ex was going to drop the weapons but I'm not sure what his source was. I wouldn't be surprised either though, Titan HM weapons are i80 iirc which is on par with nq relic so they may make them i85 or so. 90 would be cool but then that just defeats all the new Primal EX weapons they added. It would be fucking retarded to intoduce 2 new high ilvl weapons in the same patch so it does make sense they're HM weaps
    Q: What's the difficulty level of the Leviathan fight (extreme mode)? Also, what’s the required item level?

A: Not long ago we mentioned that gear with higher item levels will be introduced, but if we were to reveal the maximum item level for patch 2.2, it could lead to a lot of unnecessary speculation about encounters currently available in the game, so we'd like to wait until the next Letter from the Producer LIVE to talk about this.

What I can tell you is that Leviathan will drop some very powerful weapons, and because the average item level requirement will be higher than the battles added in patch 2.1, you can expect it to be much more difficult. The hard mode Leviathan fight will be tied to the main scenario, and thus we're setting the difficulty so you'll be able to defeat him in two or three tries. We felt that Good King Moggle Mog XII was a bit too difficult after patch 2.1 was released, causing many players to get stuck on the main scenario quest, so we've decided to adjust the difficulty for Leviathan with this in mind.

Q: What kind of rewards will we be able to obtain from the Leviathan battle? Can you tell us their item level?

A: I can't reveal their item levels just yet, but rest assured that you'll be rewarded with very powerful items.

from last live letter

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Yeah I meant neck sorry!

The answers above are still vague. It says Levi will drop weapons but doesn't say whether it'll be Hard or Extreme.

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Black View Post
    What I can tell you is that Leviathan will drop some very powerful weapons, and because the average item level requirement will be higher than the battles added in patch 2.1, you can expect it to be much more difficult.
    Sounds like Ex will drop weapons then.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

One of them should've went with "A Whorl New World," or alternatively "A Whole New Whorl."

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Ifrit HM 60
    Garuda HM 70
    Titan HM 80
    Moggle Mog HM 75

My bets is Levi HM will either be i85 or i90 weapons

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rozaria Eleanor
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    Ifrit HM 60
    Garuda HM 70
    Titan HM 80
    Moggle Mog HM 75

but but but I85/90 isnt very Powerful

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

I expect Levi-HM to be part of the MSQ like Moogle-HM therefore like 80-85 max

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Gotta agree with the above. It would be kinda bullshit, to me, if Levi EX dropped weapons that were better than Twintania right out of the gate.

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

If they're going to be dropping from Ex, which it sounds like they are by how that Q&A was worded, it would make sense that they're i90 or higher. It's just kinda dumb to me, we've already got 2 sets of i90 and one i95, and yoshi is claiming Levi Ex is much harder than the currect Ex primals. Fuck if I know, maybe it'll drop an i90 weapon because it's more difficult that they're not gonna waste your time making you kill 3 but it still seems like a waste

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trine Traverse
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Of course the weapons are going to be better than Allagan. If they aren't, what would be the point?

110 for Leviathan weapons, 115/120/whatever for the new set of Coil weapons(if there is a new set)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    Ifrit HM 60
    Garuda HM 70
    Titan HM 80
    Moggle Mog HM 75

EX primals already give ilv 90 weapons. Having Levi drop ilv 90 weapons means you kill him once and never again.

I'm looking forward to Levi being Titan v2, and all the raging from everyone (granted I think it is dumb for them to make another pass/fail fight like they did titan because that shit doesn't have a place in mmo's to such an extent anymore). You are on a boat... that boat is 100% gonna be able to tip, capsize, and sink. And if there are no railings then you are for sure gonna be able to get pushed over

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Honestly my only issue with Titan Ex was the latency issues. Once I got wtfast, Titan stopped being a problem. Run through the fight enough times and it's just on auto mode now.

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Yeah, honestly the mechanics are easily avoidable. The most difficult part of that fight was the lag. Personally, I've never lagged that hard on it but people I clear with weekly and farm with started getting hit like nobodys business so I believe them. I wonder what they're adding for Levi Ex to make it "be much more difficult".

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast