+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Where are the instruction to set up the client on your computer?

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by AplhaQup View Post
    Installation instructions from the forum. Any questions relating to installation/setup/issues should be brought up there.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    The nation storylines are complete through rank 9, COP, ToAU, and Zilart expansions are all complete. Then of course there are the various other quests all over the place.
    We actually have all nations to rank 10 now ^_^, ZM, CoP, ToAU and some WotG. We have added a ton of new BCNM/KSNMs and Assaults as well!

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I wonder if there's any private servers with Geomancer/Rune Fencer. I want to try those jobs but there's no way in heck I'm playing on the official servers/buying the expansion here in 2015.
    Any plans on trying to get those working (and not be dumb for the Lv75 cap, assuming there'd be balance issues for them at 75 anyway)?

I also have no idea how reasonable/unreasonable what I'm asking is... just kinda throwin' it out there.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    I wonder if there's any private servers with Geomancer/Rune Fencer. I want to try those jobs but there's no way in heck I'm playing on the official servers/buying the expansion here in 2015.
    Any plans on trying to get those working (and not be dumb for the Lv75 cap, assuming there'd be balance issues for them at 75 anyway)?

I also have no idea how reasonable/unreasonable what I'm asking is... just kinda throwin' it out there.
    Last I heard, they had captured the quests and things to implement them. The problem with Geo was the Lupans. Something about their AI. I'd guess that it's a little bit out still. They're still adding Assaults/Nyzul I believe. Maybe Nyzul is somewhat working? Haven't been on in about a month or so.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post

The last private server I played on had them, but a)I never tried them and b)I forget the servers name. I remember the server wasn't bad, but like so many private servers there are stability issues which make it not fun to play. I'm not aware of a stable private server that has all jobs, level 99, and at least some of the newer weapons or modded older weapons for stat increases. Another server I tried made use weapons such as Machismo (and similar) by adding stats to them and putting them on unique NMs as drops.

Updates and Information regarding Current Server

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    The last private server I played on had them, but a)I never tried them and b)I forget the servers name. I remember the server wasn't bad, but like so many private servers there are stability issues which make it not fun to play. I'm not aware of a stable private server that has all jobs, level 99, and at least some of the newer weapons or modded older weapons for stat increases. Another server I tried made use weapons such as Machismo (and similar) by adding stats to them and putting them on unique NMs as drops.
    Being a 75 Server at the moment, We have a lot of post 75 but at the moment most players are leery of going past 75 as they fear the same outcome that became the game today.

While Rune is coded we have not released Rune as of yet due to content currently being worked on still falls on the older game play time frame. Toki was correct the issue with GEO is the AOE status's currently not being implemented. Short of that its just another mage job on an ending expansion.

• Missions for ranks are just about complete -
    • CoP Mission Complete
    • ZM Missions Complete
    • Whitegate Missions are Complete.
    • Trial of the Magians level 30 Coded - coded for testing purposes and concept of how it should work. (higher level Trials Coming)
    • Nyzul isle 1-5 Has been coded for testing purposes and concept -

(Floors with status effects, Floors with Different requirements,
    Automation for Randomizing)
    • Assaults Tier 1 are coded with Promotion available to tier 2.
    • Salvage / Einherjar are started but not implemented yet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    As of recent we've been spending a lot of time plugging up old content that was missing -
    We've recently added about 12 missing BCNMs people have asked for and some older items that were previously not obtainable.

The goal is to finish out everything we can up to Whitegate then proceed with the next phase. Proud to say we have a great group of players that actually care enough to keep things progressing for each other.

With the recent changes, our up-time without crash averages between 3-7 days - its really subject to what people find, but our users have been really good about reporting cause so we can determine best fixes in a timely manner.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Hey guys, I'm interested in your server because of what looks like a dedicated coding team, but I have a few concerns, if you don't mind addressing them:

1) I play on the Nasomi server currently and, while I enjoy playing there, I really wanted to play on a private server to level and gear out blue mage (and to a lesser extent a variety of other jobs), which broke and is currently unavailable with only a vague timeline as to its rerelease. Is blue mage available on your server? That's not necessarily a deal breaker, just disappointing, because:

2) I really wanted to be in an era wherein the entirety of the 75-era experience is available, including wotg. I see from the post above mine that the developers are in the planning stages of this content, which is extremely exciting. My question is: what endgame is available, and what is planned? Tangentially, what are the state of bcnms and enms in the game (as they are essentially missing entirely from Nasomi except by facsimile)?

3) Finally, in relation to above, are wotg areas and content present? On Nasomi, the entirety of toau was effectively disabled for new players, citing too many bugs. I was already disappointed at not seeing consideration of wotg, but to go so far as to put toau in the indefinite future is very disheartening.

Sorry for the long questions, I just wanted to be clear about what I was asking. Thank you to whomever takes the time to read and/or answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyus View Post
    Hey guys, I'm interested in your server because of what looks like a dedicated coding team, but I have a few concerns, if you don't mind addressing them:

1) I play on the Nasomi server currently and, while I enjoy playing there, I really wanted to play on a private server to level and gear out blue mage (and to a lesser extent a variety of other jobs), which broke and is currently unavailable with only a vague timeline as to its rerelease. Is blue mage available on your server? That's not necessarily a deal breaker, just disappointing, because:

2) I really wanted to be in an era wherein the entirety of the 75-era experience is available, including wotg. I see from the post above mine that the developers are in the planning stages of this content, which is extremely exciting. My question is: what endgame is available, and what is planned? Tangentially, what are the state of bcnms and enms in the game (as they are essentially missing entirely from Nasomi except by facsimile)?

3) Finally, in relation to above, are wotg areas and content present? On Nasomi, the entirety of toau was effectively disabled for new players, citing too many bugs. I was already disappointed at not seeing consideration of wotg, but to go so far as to put toau in the indefinite future is very disheartening.

Sorry for the long questions, I just wanted to be clear about what I was asking. Thank you to whomever takes the time to read and/or answer.
    Thank you for taking the time to ask your questions :

Current Content coded is to completion :
    City Missions to Rank 10
    ZM to complete with the exception of concluding the code for APOC Nigh -
    CoP Completed Including Ouryu Cometh and Bahamut V1 & V2
    Whitegate All Missions Coded To Completion
    Assaults Tier 1 Coded to first Promotion -
    Nyzul Isle coded 1 - 5 with more incoming shortly
    Blue mage functioning (while some spells get tweaked as time progresses to be more correct they do work and are learn-able -
    Blue mage AF quests are coded and functioning.

Wotg Content has been put on hold to finish up more of whitegate content (salvage, Einherjar, Assaults, Nyzul)
    However Scholar, Dancer can both be unlocked and AF quests work.

BCNMS are approximately 80% completed through out for level 75 content. While I admit some need tweaking from time to time as we continue to develop new functions that are needed. The ones listed on our site do in fact work including up to the treasure pool dropping what its suppose to drop.

Sea Functioning all the way to Jailer of Love - with minor tweaks to JOL as people fight it to make it more correct -

Sky Functioning all the way through and can fight Kirin, etc for drops.

Limbus Functioning though occasional bugs surface from retail updates - people are known for killing Omega/Ultima on our server.

Dynamis is based on the old school dynamis with Statues / mobs / Bosses.

Crafting / Fishing is available -
    Which a lot of our server uses to barter for things they need crafted or otherwise. We do not stock the AH as this is a player based economy not an artificial economy.

--I hope this clears up some of your questions and if you have any others please don't hesitate to stop in even at our website if need be and ask any questions you may have. Also you can find us on our Ventrilo server (details posted on our site).

There has been a recent retail update we are working through - short of that things are up and going ^^

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Thanks for the quick response! I think I'll make a character to test it out tonight.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

how many players do you guys have on a good day, i guess a better question would be on whats the daily average?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by moises View Post
    how many players do you guys have on a good day, i guess a better question would be on whats the daily average?
    On average, during the week day, we have between 30-40 players and during the weekend it can vary around 40+. We do not allow dual boxing so those numbers and the people who are online are true player numbers.

Shinra Server Update Notes Just to say, yes we're still alive ^^

Missions for ranks are just about complete -
    CoP Mission Complete
    ZM Missions Complete
    Whitegate Missions are Complete.
    Trial of the Magians level 30 Coded - coded for testing purposes and concept of how it should work. (higher level Trials Coming)
    Nyzul isle 1-5 Has been coded for testing purposes and concept -
    Well its been 2 years and we continue to plug away at the server and add items, I figured I would update the post a bit to let you guys know we are still alive:

• CoP Missions are Complete
    • ZM Missions are Complete
    • Whitegate Missions Are Complete
    • Nyzul isle can now be completed to floor 100
    • Assaults Tier 1 & II are Complete
    • A Slew of jobs received some minor updates:
    • Blue Mage Assimilation is now Functional
    • Mentor Status is now functional for those that qualify
    • NMs have received skill sets they may have been missing and updates that make them a little more realistic.
    • Enmity has been tweaked to function a little closer to retail and spells / damage calculations corrected if they were wrong to help make tanking a thing!

Prep work for the following is nearing complete and the beginning of additional content should come soon:

• Einherjar
    • ZNMs with Camera
    • Continued path of Assaults
    • Weaponskill Quests / Vigil Weaponskill quests
    • ACP Final Fight
    • The Adding of the next Mini Expansions
    • Handful of Gods/Higher NMs will receive lever corrections to help AID in MAGE output.

We welcome you to check us out : We also understand its not everyone's cup a tea as we try to make the experience a lot like it was without the Unruly Grind... But be warned: Our Mobs Bite back ^^ Hope to see you in game!

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Hi, I'm very interested to join Shinra FF11, but the link to the forum doesn't seem to work. Do you have any updated links to your server and how-tos?
    Thanks in advance

Good Morning Bebekara,

You should be able to see the link in my Signature or on the very first post of this thread where it says,
    "Shinra Project FREE FFXI Private Server! Shinra Project Forum Link!"

The links should work to send you to GamerzProjectxi from there you can find the instruction for the install and such.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Thank you so much! The link on the first post didn't work for me, just wouldn't load, it's probably my browser's fault. Used a different one and it's golden I'm in, thank you so much

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Just found out about private servers today.... definitely interested in coming back. My biggest question is; is the utsusemi enmity nerf implemented or can NIN tank end game again?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Amalius View Post
    Just found out about private servers today.... definitely interested in coming back. My biggest question is; is the utsusemi enmity nerf implemented or can NIN tank end game again?
    Most enmity values are set from Kaeko's old testing afaik. But we have used NIN tanks on pretty much all content through sea at one time or another. You just might need to gear a bit differently than you remember.

Its been a little while since we have posted so I figured I would update people on the progress of our world.
    Please keep in mind we post all our updates at GamerzProjectXi on the forums as well as the facebook group page

Bastok/Windy/Sandy Missions Complete
    ZM Missions are Complete
    CoP Missions are Complete
    Whitegate Missions Are Complete
    ACP Missions Complete
    AMK Missions 1-4 released for start
    SOA Missions 1-4 Released for getting there.

Nyzul isle can now be completed to floor 100!!
    Assaults Tier 1 & II are Complete

Movement speed for travel has been increased, Enmity effects movement speed to keep fights balanced
    (For those that have played on our server- You knew this as Engaged speed, this has been replaced with Enmity Speed
    which allow for greater balancing of mobs, and most of the artificial buffs have been removed from the mobs)

Blue Mage Assimilation is now Functional
    Corsair Random Deal has been repaired
    Mentor Status is now functional for those that qualify
    Mounts base code is in - speeds of mounts will be determined by difficulty in obtaining
    MOST bcnms/enms/ksnms have received rewrites for better functionality

Prep work for the following is nearing complete and the beginning of additional content should come soon:

Einherjar in progress
    More Assaults in Progress
    ZNMs In Progress
    ASA / AMK in Progress
    Besieged / Campaign in Progress
    Weaponskill Quests / Vigil Weaponskill quests in progress

We continue to build on a daily basis and welcome you to come try it out. We intend to have a nice release here in the upcoming weeks in hopes of concluding a few items off our progress list! If you have any questions please feel free to locate us at our website or email me directly. We thank you for looking!

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Am I dreaming?!?

I played ffxi for years ending in 2009, and have always wanted to play again. How difficult is it to start from scratch and get geared enough to get to end game activities? This all seems too good to be true, please tell me it's not a mirage!