+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Artemicon View Post
    Heres the process of which my frustration was born.

1. Ashita runs from a previous installation and I set it up to login to Shinra server.
    2. Login to Shinra, notice that it uses SOA files so I make note to install SOA expansion upon next logout.
    3. Logout, download SOA, install SOA.
    4. Login to POL to attempt to check files to update to latest version.
    5. Notice I can't 'check' ffxi files only POL and Tetra show up. Say fuck it and try to play without latest SOA files.
    6. Start Ashita, login to shinra and the hook or whatever it does to start the FFXI process after login fails and the program exits. (was working on last login before installing SOA)
    6.5. Try reinstalling Ashita and doing last few steps regarding moving files from POL to FFXI directory. After failing...

7. http://th105.photobucket.com/albums/...d0b005def1.gif
    Copy the 'data' folder from the PlayOnline directory to the Final Fantasy XI directory. That should allow you to check files on FFXI.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

That step was part of my 6.5 step but I'll try it again.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Did you ever get it to work arte?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Yeah I did, I ended up reinstalling everything because even deleting the DAT wouldn't let me update FFXI. Something had gone terribly wrong and instead of hitting my face into the comp further I just copied all the relevant folders and pasted them into a new install and the update only took like 20 minutes so at least there's that.

Navi in game name btw. /dance

Been wanting to get a couple of other Extensions working with Ashita. GearLock and Ashitacast. But not sure if it would be okay with admins, should read up in the forum.

There really isn't any mention of extensions allowed on the server on the new forums, let alone Rules. Just went through all the XI subforum sections/threads.

I'll make a post on the forum later, but if someone can get back to me about the server impact of AshitaCast (Spellcast) here, I would appreciate it.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Waraji View Post
    Been wanting to get a couple of other Extensions working with Ashita. GearLock and Ashitacast. But not sure if it would be okay with admins, should read up in the forum.

There really isn't any mention of extensions allowed on the server on the new forums, let alone Rules. Just went through all the XI subforum sections/threads.

I'll make a post on the forum later, but if someone can get back to me about the server impact of AshitaCast (Spellcast) here, I would appreciate it.
    Your best bet would be to ask Gravenet in the IRC. I'll ask if I see him on and edit this post with an answer.

Gravenet (SGM and Dev) said spellcast/ashitacast is fine. It's the illegal things (clipper etc.) that are not allowed.

Sweet thanks, I'll make sure to bring it up with em online tonight.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Played for awhile and got a 75 but quickly noticed that like a lot of private servers it was total P2W and annoying once you reached max level.

They no longer have an NPC that sells salvage/assault gears and there are a lot of items that aren't obtainable but were once on the auction house so early adopters of the server had an easy time and things are getting progressivly worse the more players come and go and buyout the limited stock of items on the AH. GMs are trying to promote a closed crafting community where players have to get items from each other but from my limited experience players that can craft are too busy (aren't willing) or just never online when I am.

I'm sure the early adopters are having loads of fun since they could get unlimited amounts of gil and buy pretty much the pinnacle of 75 equipment from an NPC that no longer exists. The fun probably stopped when the project changed from shinra to gamerz but I don't know because I wasn't around for that.

It's pretty rare for some to grasp the concept of making economies work for a community of sub-300 players as opposed to the 10000+ the original was built around. Doubly so if they cling desperately to the nostalgia of what a game was as opposed to how people are now.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Just my 2 cents, but a private server asking for donations is a red flag to me. There are too many out there that ask for nothing that you can play on. My server isn't the greatest thing ever, but it's definitely more of a "fun" server where everything is available in abundance. The server host doesn't believe in limitations, but doesn't want everything handed to you either. It's not perfect, but I can get my ffxi fix and not have to deal with jerks.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

...and what server might that be Kalmado?

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Played for awhile and got a 75 but quickly noticed that like a lot of private servers it was total P2W and annoying once you reached max level.
    Send me or Kyten a tell when you're on. I'm just Toki on the server. Our LS runs sky, in the middle of CoP (some with Sea), Dynamis, and does the various HNMs (Faf, Turtle, Behe) daily. Really only takes a few people to be interested and we get going.

They no longer have an NPC that sells salvage/assault gears and there are a lot of items that aren't obtainable but were once on the auction house so early adopters of the server had an easy time and things are getting progressivly worse the more players come and go and buyout the limited stock of items on the AH. GMs are trying to promote a closed crafting community where players have to get items from each other but from my limited experience players that can craft are too busy (aren't willing) or just never online when I am.
    That has partly to do with the SGM/Dev doing updates to fix things while the owner is not on to add back the custom content. The owner is supposed to give the Dev all the code needed to add back the Salvage NPC, but has not yet. There are a few crafters, and most of the LS we run with is working on separate crafts. Noobyboobi has all crafts at 100, he can help with anything you need. Minitalon (I think) has 100 Alch, Runa has 70 or so Bonecraft, I was working on Leather (slowly), and Kyten was working on Woodworking.

I'm sure the early adopters are having loads of fun since they could get unlimited amounts of gil and buy pretty much the pinnacle of 75 equipment from an NPC that no longer exists. The fun probably stopped when the project changed from shinra to gamerz but I don't know because I wasn't around for that.
    It's the same Devs, just that the server is hosted by the SGM/Dev rather than paying an outside company for server space.

If you have things to sell, put them in your Bazaar and see if a GM is around. They had been buying items from your Bazaar that you were trying to sell. The Devs had made a system of an "Auto-AH," for lack of a better term, that would purchase anything you had on the Auction House within certain price ranges (differing per item) after a certain amount of time. When it was implemented there was a hiccup so now it is being redone. Once that is complete it will be easier to make some money.

Also, some people on the server were exploiting the gil mob drops and repopping AF NMs repeatedly to gain tens of millions of gil in a day. When this was found they wiped all but 3M from everyone to start over.

I will say, it is definitely possible to make the gil you need. Our bank mule sells crafting items fairly well and we have an abundance of pop items for sky gods. I believe we have 2 Kirin sets, I have 3/4 of a Kirin set, and every pop item for the lesser gods. We dont do points or anything. If you show up and can use something, lot it. A lot of us already have the big ticket stuff too.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

When I talked to Gravenet I was informed that most if not all of those items wouldn't be returning to an NPC and that they would become mob drops. Conflicting reports but oh well I had fun while I did and I'm not bent on it I just added my unbiased opinion on the server. I'll likely come back once a few things are updated.

PS I'm Navi in game and I'm in your LS.

I in no way think the server is bad I just didn't like some of the annoyances like being unable to buy atuff like Azoth/Blau dolch from AH since their NM/ENMs weren't implemented even though some people were already able to buy them because they happened to be the first 10 people to buy them from the limited AH stock.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

I haven't seen you on, I don't think.

Didn't mean for the post to come off anything but trying to explain why some things are they way they are. I don't disagree with you at this point; it's something we complained about as well when they were making the AH switch and removing gil drops. If you want to come do some of the older events, (sky, sea, dynamis, and soon Limbus and Jailers) you're more than welcome whenever you're on. Just please don't level THF. Everyone leveled THF and spent all their money on it. 4 THFs on Fafnir is not fun.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

interested in playing

so i am considering playing on this server. can anyone tell me what jobs are available and if their is level sync?

thanks

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by tenebrous View Post
    so i am considering playing on this server. can anyone tell me what jobs are available and if their is level sync?

thanks
    GEO is the only job not unlockable as of the last server update. PUP is a little screwy with the automatons apparently, but I have not tried it.

Level sync and Fields of Valor is working.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Hi can anybody point me to where i can get started installing this and getting it running? I tried going to the new forums but there is no posts and its locked. Would appreciate some help in getting this started. I was playing on a different server "ffxi free" but there were problems and everybody's accounts kept getting deleted. Looking forward to getting back into this wonderful game.

There are instructions on the new forums on how to install, a step by step. Just familiarize yourself with the forum structure a bit and you will find it.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

oops silly me i had to login again and it all popped up. Thanks

Banned.

BG Level

Greetings. I have been banned from this forum for no reason at all. Never to be uplifted. Not sure why, but I'm here now.

Thanks for all your support. We are still running. I cannot edit my OP, but on those forums, we moved our forums. You can see the move on the OP's forum link.

We are very open to everyone that wants to play. Come see what's up. Apparently, we are the server everyone is talking about. Come try us for a few days or just check our forums. You'll like it here.

Oh, also, we don't need Ashita to connect anymore! We use Windower to connect as well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast