+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nitsuki View Post
    just a quick question, since i know this game works with the steam version according to the official forums install guide, how far are the expansions up to? I currently stopped playing during WotG so i have up to that installed on my pc still. So i wanted to know if i should get the steam copy since ToA+ are included there.
    We are currently running all of ZM and CoP and are working on finishing ToAU missions now.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Hows the bug stomping coming along?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

We are always looking for bugs to stomp! We fix them as we find them!

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Hey, i played ff11 for a good amount of years, and i stopped playing soon after SoA came out but the idea of playing on a private server really interests me, but i have no idea how to, could someone maybe give me instructions on how to get on there?

Quote Originally Posted by Minisub View Post
    Hey, i played ff11 for a good amount of years, and i stopped playing soon after SoA came out but the idea of playing on a private server really interests me, but i have no idea how to, could someone maybe give me instructions on how to get on there?
    http://bnet.cc/threads/getting-started.24/

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Minisub View Post
    We have a full "How-TO" setup guide on our forums (ww<dot>gamerzprojectxi<dot>com). You will of course need to sign-up first but after wards, please follow the instructions here under the Final Fantasy XI section and then under the server/account information.

If you need any help, please PM an administrator or feel free to join our vent channel and ask. The information for vent is also on the forums. Hope to see you soon!

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by zerosenpai View Post
    We do not allow dual boxing so those numbers are true players playing.
    I was almost ready to give this a shot until I saw that. It was hard enough getting some things done without dualboxing on a retail server with a population in the thousands. What's the rationale for this?

Quote Originally Posted by Djohn View Post
    I was almost ready to give this a shot until I saw that. It was hard enough getting some things done without dualboxing on a retail server with a population in the thousands. What's the rationale for this?
    Surprisingly People that actually play prefer to play with each other rather themselves - The rationale is to have the community work together for common and uncommon targets,
    As an MMO - it has always been felt the game should be about the community not the individual. We know this makes it hard for some people that prefer to play alone - while we do not single those people out / life is simpler in groups on a multiplayer environment. Should Give it a shot ^^ you'd be surprised--

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gravenet View Post
    Surprisingly People that actually play prefer to play with each other rather themselves - The rationale is to have the community work together for common and uncommon targets,
    As an MMO - it has always been felt the game should be about the community not the individual. We know this makes it hard for some people that prefer to play alone - while we do not single those people out / life is simpler in groups on a multiplayer environment. Should Give it a shot ^^ you'd be surprised--
    This rationale is acceptable for a MMO that has a retail level community. For a private server it's an easy choice to not join a server that does not allow multi boxing because so many other servers do allow it and even encourage it due to the limited player base.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    This rationale is acceptable for a MMO that has a retail level community. For a private server it's an easy choice to not join a server that does not allow multi boxing because so many other servers do allow it and even encourage it due to the limited player base.
    There is a server-wide Dynamis scheduled 2-3 days a week, sea jailers 3 days a week, Limbus two days a week, and the various HNM are all generally just pick ups. There generally isn't a lack of people for content despite not being able to dual box. It would only help with a few events either way; some of the HNMs are buffed to account for the gearing of the players.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Community

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    There is a server-wide Dynamis scheduled 2-3 days a week, sea jailers 3 days a week, Limbus two days a week, and the various HNM are all generally just pick ups. There generally isn't a lack of people for content despite not being able to dual box. It would only help with a few events either way; some of the HNMs are buffed to account for the gearing of the players.
    Yes we usually have a steady 50+ people online. We have also made some new upgrades to our server as well. Everyone is very friendly and the community loves to help out with everything from leveling jobs to running through missions to end-game content. As quoted above, we now have an a events website on GuildWorks! Just search for Gamerz ProjectXi and come take a peek! GuildWorks site shows a calendar of events that we run... and tbh... it stay fairly full! I do understand some people like to dual-box. I know it can be "boring" to play solo on down time days. But the community as very awesome and everyone has fun leveling or doing BCNMs or camping NMs or doing End-Game events so very very little issue. At the very least you all are welcome to please come try us out and see for yourselves. If it's not your cup of tea then we wish you well and glad you tried us! /bow

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

As a developer for private servers I would like to say this server has done some good work although I am not a member of their team, they have a great team!

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Is this serving worth playing / population / New players?

Hello, ive been recently looking for an ffxi private server. my questions are: does the population increase over 100 players? Is 100 players enough to have enough fun and have a decent community. and would anyone be willing to level with me . thanks

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mike9078 View Post
    Hello, ive been recently looking for an ffxi private server. my questions are: does the population increase over 100 players? Is 100 players enough to have enough fun and have a decent community. and would anyone be willing to level with me . thanks
    I will be straight with you mike, this server may peak at near 100 but it rarely has 100 players online at once. On that note there is a strong enough population to enjoy the server.

When I think of retail there was maybe 20 players I talked to everyday and than just all the rest were there. With private servers it will be pretty much the same, you will talk to the same people over and over and there will be players you never interact with.

This server has a good player base (not the most for a private server, but enough), It has a great development team, as for their players I dont know any of them to give you the ups and downs on how they are.

There are a few other servers out there as well, you can find more google "ffxi private servers" (cant link not at ten posts), after that there is a wiki with a list of private servers (recently updated by me) "DarkStar Servers - DSP Wiki" on that page you will find 7 working servers with details on each server and their respective websites.

I suggest reading over each one and selecting the one that best fits your needs in a private server.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Wow Thanks for the quick reply thats awesome! Thanks for the info, last quick question, think any of the others have a population close to 100 like that server? im only asking this because not all websites offer the online players list and i have not installed ffxi yet again. Another question, SE doesnt support macs do they.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mike9078 View Post
    Wow Thanks for the quick reply thats awesome! Thanks for the info, last quick question, think any of the others have a population close to 100 like that server? im only asking this because not all websites offer the online players list and i have not installed ffxi yet again. Another question, SE doesnt support macs do they.
    I dont want to advertise other servers directly on this thread, so yes there is another server that has more than 100 players on every day, they also have an online list, I was trying to build online lists for each server but some of those servers did not want to display that information.

As for the mac situation you will need to install via WINE, I do not have any experience with macs so I cannot give you any more detail on that, but if you can get ffxi working you should be able to connect to any private server.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

hi i am new how do i down load this game thanks :)

just wondering how to down load this game thanks

The best way to acquire this game is directly from Playonline website. We don't post links for the game but they have made it available for download directly from their downloads section.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Hey just wondering does this server have the story quests?? Believe it or not I like questing in MMOs that is if they story and quests are fun and I hear FF11 has a good story.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by SSJLuffy View Post
    Hey just wondering does this server have the story quests?? Believe it or not I like questing in MMOs that is if they story and quests are fun and I hear FF11 has a good story.
    The nation storylines are complete through rank 9, COP, ToAU, and Zilart expansions are all complete. Then of course there are the various other quests all over the place.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast