View Poll Results: What squad do you rep?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • #TeamIronMan

37 38.95%
  • #TeamCap

54 56.84%
  • #TeamZemo

4 4.21%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 69 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast
    Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    He's also all around just an inspiring guy people will follow anywhere and for the right reasons.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Gredival View Post

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I didn't watch the rebooted Spiderman movies, did they ever get his wit well done in them? Just in that page alone it shows what a quick-witted jokester Spidey is and I feel that was mostly missing from the original spiderman trilogy.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I thought it was better in the first Amazing movie but then took a step back in the second one along with everything else.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

First one they did. Only made it ~25 mins into the second. Doubt I'll ever go back now that Marvel will be working it.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Capt was always my fav character to use in marvel vs Capcom

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by Senji View Post
    First one they did. Only made it ~25 mins into the second. Doubt I'll ever go back now that Marvel will be working it.
    They'll do the property justice. Better than anything Sony pictures could shit out.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Fhloston View Post
    They'll do the property justice. Better than anything Sony pictures could shit out.
    Think he means he's not going to go back and finish the second Amazing Spiderman.

And basically the general problem with Sony's version was that Toby was a good Peter but an awful Spidey, and Garfield was a great Spidey but awful Peter.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

That pretty much sums it up.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

Well, Marvel is god tier at their casting choices for roles. Hopefully the new Spidey is a great Peter and a great Spiderman

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

From what I understand he has a lot of videos he made of him doing acrobatics, so I'm pretty sure he destroyed the auditions.

Spidey will be fine. There's no way Marvel is taking this kind of risk with a property they fought so hard to get shared, let alone integrate into their cinematic universe.

Now what would be really awesome is if they got the Defenders in on the MCU along with some of the SHIELD agents so we could, you know, get real "connected".

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Persona Nongrata
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    Now what would be really awesome is if they got the Defenders in on the MCU along with some of the SHIELD agents so we could, you know, get real "connected".
    Would be nice... but there seems to be some bad blood with the agents of shield porducers and the marvel guys if i remember right. They were kinda mad about inhumans or something. I cant remember. I'll try to find it. (I think it was during nyc comic con)

You can't have a show that ties into the universe... and then bitch and not let them tie it in....

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Kelenae View Post
    Would be nice... but there seems to be some bad blood with the agents of shield porducers and the marvel guys if i remember right. They were kinda mad about inhumans or something. I cant remember. I'll try to find it. (I think it was during nyc comic con)
    Wasn't Whedon really pissed off that they brought back agent Coulson too?

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Gredival View Post
    Think he means he's not going to go back and finish the second Amazing Spiderman.

And basically the general problem with Sony's version was that Toby was a good Peter but an awful Spidey, and Garfield was a great Spidey but awful Peter.
    lol, trying to buy Andrew Garfield as a loser nerd the way he looks alone shatters suspension of disbelief. You mean to tell me this guy isn't getting ass with his perfect hair, attractive face and trendy clothes? Yeah ok. Must be using Bing that's the dealbreaker.

Andrew Garfield was excited as fuck to be playing the role, so there was that. Hopefully new Spidey isn't just going through the motions.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

New Spidey has been doing his own stunts and has the Knicks and bruises to prove it.

The only tidbit that has been release about spiderman appearing is that he is the only MCU with a secret identity. Everyone else is known by The Avengers/Shield.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    Wasn't Whedon really pissed off that they brought back agent Coulson too?
    I think he was the one that did it when he pitched the premise of the show. But he stated later that he regretted doing it because it took meaning away from the death. That is why he didn't have Coulson appear in any movies for Phase 2 and didn't let any heroes know he/SHIELD still existed and had the Avengers become its own entity in Age of Ultron.

That might change now that he doesn't have any control going forward in Phase 3. SHIELD certainly seems to either be setting up something big, beyond just introducing the existence of Inhumans.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    New Spidey has been doing his own stunts and has the Knicks and bruises to prove it.

The only tidbit that has been release about spiderman appearing is that he is the only MCU with a secret identity. Everyone else is known by The Avengers/Shield.
    Comic Parker looks pretty attractive most of the time, so...

Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The TV stuff isn't directly under Feige and apparently he and the guy who runs the TV department don't get along very well.

If you want to see a more connected universe then hope Marvel can find a new way to draft actor contracts that doesn't bind them to film numbers. Right now creating a huge sprawling universe like the comics isn't really possible since film caps kneecap your ability to have characters jumping in and out of each others movies.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Senji View Post
    I think it's worth watching. It's a very flawed movie but I don't think it was nearly as bad as most people make it out to be. It was no Spider-man 3.

Cap's fighting limitations really have always been his relatively low level of superpower. The super soldier serum freed him from a frail body, but my understanding is that in the main universe he can't do anything that a non-gifted "peak" condition human couldn't do, especially nothing in power compared to the heavy hitters like Thor. If he could keep up in power with those characters, he'd definitely be one of the strongest in the entire continuity due to skill differential.
    I get the impression that the MCU Captain America has a considerably higher level of ability than just a peak conditioned human. This is perhaps made most obvious in The Incredible Hulk.