She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I kinda liked it, and Rei's henshin was great. However, the only glaring (and I mean GLARING) change from the manga this time was
    Spoiler: show
    Ami did NOT teleport herself to where Usagi was in the manga after Usagi grabbed the bus as a stewardess. She does do that in Crystal, however.
    Minor; In the manga, when the watches come out of the game, Luna grabs then says, "With some minor modifications these could become communicators!"..or something like that. She doesn't do that in Crystal but ya get the feeling Luna did do that..

Anyway next ep should be "Usagi gets a new tiara" as well as they FINALLY gave us the english version of the next ep spiel everywhere! That had been cut off on the other three eps. And yeah, Princess Dia!

[Edit] Okay, found the henshin video. My standard spiel applies, if you quote this post, please remove the video in case Toei gets nasteh. They have been nasteh too often with Pretty Cure henshins, so I'd rather be able to remove it if the video goes dead.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'd say the biggest change from the manga, and I mean BIG, is that
    Jadeite does not die at the end but he teleports away. And I think the reason for this change is to explore the subplot of his relationship with Sailor Mars or well, her past self actually.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Jadeite does not die at the end but he teleports away. And I think the reason for this change is to explore the subplot of his relationship with Sailor Mars or well, her past self actually.
    IIRC, there never was one; just an official manga art picture of the four generals, paired with the Senshi, that was never actual manga cannon. Maybe it's something new they'll add to Crystal, but that's a pretty significant diversion.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Decided to re-watch the original series from random episodes and it didn't disappoint.

Great Opening.

http://sakuga.yshi.org/data/f102c8f3...c5331aae41.gif
    http://sakuga.yshi.org/data/fd670b65...083fffb29a.gif
    http://sakuga.yshi.org/data/8e289b76...ae086f45c1.gif

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    IIRC, there never was one; just an official manga art picture of the four generals, paired with the Senshi, that was never actual manga cannon. Maybe it's something new they'll add to Crystal, but that's a pretty significant diversion.
    In Act 3 Jadeite does hint at this but Naoko Takeuchi didn't put this whole thing into the manga for some reason. She did say that she wanted to though and this was also mentioned for Crystal as well.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

That storyline was pretty big in the SM SNES RPG iirc.

Ep 3 sold me. I was unsure after the first two episodes, but I dig the faster pace this series is going. Also, fuck yea Sailor Mars; absolutely loving the character adjustments.

I love that the henshin sequences are throwbacks to the originals too.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

i liked all 3 episodes so far, will keep watching, but the lack of outer senshis is hurting ._.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

They won't be shown till the last few episodes, if at all. If it follows the manga with 26 episodes, the final one will be the outer senshis introduction. I'd LOOOVVEEE to see some Sailor Neptune action

so far Sailor Mars transformation is awesome as hell. We'll see how Jupiter and Venus compare but Mars is definitely my favorite now

also, if you like Sailor Mercury action, check out Ami's First Love on youtube. it has that special attack she uses in the gif above and it's a pretty funny short. Minako has some great lines in it and the facial expressions are awesome

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm pretty sure all 26 episodes will focus on the Dark Kingdom arc, especially if they're trying to add something to the plot. They'll probably follow the manga closely up to Sailor Venus, after that we may see some changes.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Ker View Post
    I'm done with this show. I just can't stomach the awful animation and ruining my favorite character.
    Yeah.. the animation is god fucking awful.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Been reading 2ch to see if the consensus about the show was roughly the same as here. It is, with a little more positive feedback. People complain about the CG and the bad spots in the animation and others are urging the complainers to give it more chances since it's only had 3 episodes...

Honestly this studio should have known how important a reboot this was, this is a franchise that a LOT of people worldwide are in love with. I'm disappointed that such mistakes are allowed to go through. This is something they should have known they should do correctly from the beginning to avoid hassles and regret later on. Even "they'll fix it for the blurays" isn't a good excuse. They should be able to do it right the first time.

Man why didn't like, KyoAni get this instead. They could do with an actual popular project since there's no more K-ON or Haruhi (although I guess Free! did okay).

I'm willing to keep watching it - if I made it through the godawful hilarious live action show I can certainly deal with this - but everything they're doing right is being neutralized by what they're doing glaringly wrong.

I'll give it more of a chance, while they couldn't draw Rei for shit everyone is more or less looks good. Could take some time for the art to adjust...because if it doesn't then that's a dealbreaker.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

i think people are comparing it too much to the old series. its a reboot fresh with new art. so far happy with it.

Professional Pixel Pusher
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I've been trying my hardest not to compare it to the original because it is a reboot. Most of my qualms at the moment are issues with animation, keyframing and proportions. The proportion issues are just because the show is following the manga art style, so I've let that drop from the forefront of my mind.

I like it enough to keep watching though.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Sailor Moon is one of the most iconic anime series of all time. It is absolutely completely inexcusable to have this shitty of an animation style.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    Here's the culprit image:

http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/r...pe7/lovers.png

As I recall only 1 scout liked one of the generals (Sailor Venus/Minako had eyes on Kunzite) but as far as the manga went--it was completely one sided. Which is how all of Minako's romances seem to end. One sided or dead.

Word of God says that the author toyed with the idea of making love pairings but the image was just for fun. There has never been any romance subplots between the scouts and generals. But damn I still love this image.

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    i think people are comparing it too much to the old series. its a reboot fresh with new art. so far happy with it.
    I'm not comparing personally. I just mean they literally can't draw Rei's face right most of the time, but everyone else looks fine for the style. Ker had it in his post, just look at how messed up her face is. At first I thought it was just some frames that weren't being generous but there are moments where it will just freeze right on a bad pose.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

There are some next level complaints out there for the animations, but for what it's worth it's decent to me. It seems the major problems is with Toei cutting corners during fight/action animations and animations where the characters interact with each other in a fast paced manner. However, I've seen some less than valid complaints, almost as if there are people out there watching the show frame by frame just to look out for motion blur animation effects that look weird and target on those alone. This problem happens a lot in Naruto Shippuden as well.

It's definitely not where it should be, but I think some people are going too far in complaining about it, lol.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The problem is that they're outsourcing some scenes and it shows. Moon Pride video looks amazing, would love that quality for all the episodes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast