+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I think some people took the criticisms of the theme song/music as criticism of the whole venture, somehow.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Code:
    ░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀▄██▀▄
    ░░░▄▀░▄▄▀▄░▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄████▐
    ░░▐▐░█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▄▀
    ░░▐░▌▀██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄
    ░░░▀▄▀▄▄▀░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄▀▄░░░░░▒░▐
    ░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░░░░▌░░▀░░▐░▒░▒░░▒▐
    ░░░░░▐░░░░░░░░▒░░▀▀▄▄▀░▄▄▄▒░░▄▀
    ░░░░░▌▌░░░░░▒░░▒▄▄▄░░▄▀▄▀▄▀▄░▌
    ░░░░▐░▐░░░▒░▄▀▀▀░░░▀▀░▌█░▌▐░▌▐
    ░░░░▌░░█▄▒▄▒▄▀░░░░░░░▐▐█░▌▌░█░█
    ░░░▐░░▐▐░▌░▀░░▄▀▀▀░░░░▀▄▀░▄▀░█░▌
    ░░░▌░▐░▌░▀▄▐░░░░░░░░░▀░░░░▌▌░░▐▐
    ░░▐░▐░▐░░░░▀▀▀▄░░░░░▀▀░░▄▀░▐░░░░▌
    ░░▌▐░░▌▀▀▀▄▄░░▐▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄▄▀▀▀▐▀▄▐
    ░▐▐░▄▀▀▄▒▒▒▒▀▀▒▐▒░░▄░▄▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▐░░▌▌
    ░▐░▐░▄▄░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒███▐▒▒▒▒▒▐░░▌▐▐
    ░▌░▌▀░░░▀▄▀▄▒▒▒▒▒█░░▀░▐▒▒▒▒░▌░▌░▐░▌
    ▐░░▌▐▀▀▄░░▀▄▐▒▒▒▒▒█░░░▌▒▒▒▒▐░▌░▐▐░▐
    ▌░░▐░▌░░▀▄░▄▌▌░▒▒▒▒█░░▌▒▒▒░▄▄▄█░▌░▐

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I had a rambling post and lost it so fuck you all. But the gist was my post wasn't directed to anyone in particular. It included reactions people has outside of BG.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Ep1

That was actually better than I was expecting. I haven't watched Sailor Moon in 15 years so the introduction is welcomed but the biggest problem The quality for the show is ALL OVER THE PLACE. you'd think with such a big title as Sailor Moon they would put their best animators.

http://snag.gy/KdCaH.jpg

I wouldn't have minded the CG transformation sequence if I didn't watch all the amazing ones they done for pretty cure....

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I enjoyed it and from what I understand from paying very little attention to it; it's gonna follow the manga closely ala FMA:Brohood?

Either way, I haven't watched anime since Gundam Unicorn (as I rarely have time to honestly) but I'll be watching this just because childhoooooood. I still remember Sailor Moon being one of the first anime on toonami in the afternoons, so this has my attention. <3

The transformation sequence may have had some meh CG, but they still made it ultra fabulous which is what it has to be.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    I enjoyed it and from what I understand from paying very little attention to it; it's gonna follow the manga closely ala FMA:Brohood?
    the new anime is going to be a straight manga adaptation, first episode was extremely close to the manga.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Awesome. I"m hoping they have the same success with it as Brotherhood had on the FMA side.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yes, it's VERY close to the manga.(I just watched it on CR, I'll check Viz's translation a little later...I wanted to watch it the first time with no ads since I have access to a paid CR account) Oh and for those wondering why Usagi is the same voice actor in both animes; I don't remember where I read this, the site where I found this information might even be lost to time, but Naoko Takeuchi reportedly loved the original voice actor's voice for Usagi. I think some of the original voice actors are dead of course (been too long) so they had to rep some folks.

But there's a reason the voice is the same. With the author all up in this, she'd of prolly requested the original voice actor for Usagi...

Anyway even tho I have the manga rereleases, I think this is going to be fun.

Zombie Apocalypse Princess

BG Level

I think having the original voice actress adds a nice sense of nostalgia and familiarity for those of us who are fans of the original series. There's a lot that is different and will take some adjusting to.

The only voice actress/actor I heard of who passed away was Sailor Star Fighter/Seiya, have there been others?

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

There might of been, I haven't paid attention; but you can proly find out on Moon Chase. That site was formed to keep track of the voice actors. ^^

But yeah; I think some died and some weren't available. ^^ But so far I don't mind. ^^

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Sharv View Post
    I don't recall either Kohan or myself lambasting the little we have seen of Sailor Moon Crystal. You have to realize that just because we write something that appears to be in a negative light does not automatically mean we hate it. People don't have absolute negative or absolute positive feelings about anything ever, there is always some grey area and I though Kohan and I wrote our posts well enough to convey that but I guess I was mistaken.

By the way Sho, don't undersell the music from the original Sailor Moon. Just because the show was from the 90s doesn't mean the music automatically has to be labeled as cheesy so you can find an excuse to say "Hey I like this but I'm making sure no one thinks I thought it was all that great." The music on the show had a purpose and it far exceed it's role on numerous occasions. It was evocative, upbeat, thrilling and best of all memorable.

Take what I presume to be one of the best BGM of the series. This shit always made a chill run down my spine when I heard it:

I'm not underselling it -- in fact I love it, and going to miss it very much. And it is very cheesy; the music embodies the very culture of the late 80s/early 90s, which is not a bad thing at all. Every cheracter had a theme, every theme was hum-able or singable. Henshin transformation themes were also hyper memorable and got you pumped.

I'm more so a fan of 80s/90s music in anime (and in general) than in this current era. However, I will call it as I see it, and much of the score in the beginning of the PGSM anime was very cheesy and kamen-riderish. In that it's as memorable as the themes in PGSM itself.

Sorry if it came off as condescending.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

is the only way to see it by signing up on Nico Nico? What other sources is everyone using?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I watched it on Hulu

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

^Check Tokyo Toshokan.

First ep was...okay. The animation was good. I really REALLY think they should have recast Usagi's seiyuu. The voice they're using fit a lot better with the animation style the first series used. Now that the style is following the manga closer, hearing that highpitched grating coming out of such a pretty character just seems completely out of place. She does need a voice that can portray her clumsy and whiny personality, but I think Mitsuishi could have turned it down just a bit this time around. That's really my only major complaint after the CG transformation.

HorribleSubs translation really is horrible, worst rush job I've seen in a while. Not sure who else would be doing a better job though.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I watched it on both Hulu/Neonalley and CR. Here's CR's link since CR is available in more places.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/sailor-mo...or-moon-656623

And please, horriblesubs?! Bleh. I'd rather do official if it's available myself. Strangely you don't seem to need prenimum to watch teh first ep, but if you hate ads, pay the $10..Or PM me. I think Neko(that's my brother; he owns the CR account I use) wouldn't mind and he has some trial premium codes for Crunchyroll going begging...(Edit: He has 4 of them(CrunchyRoll All Access Guest Passes, that is) going begging right now. I won't post them here but if you want one, just PM me.)

Anyway, the official subs are just fine, I saw one glaring grammar/funkeh error but that was it.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I don't need the subs myself but my bf does, and he's not into Sailor Moon quite enough to give a shit about a few bad translations xD Was just warning anyone else off them if they went that route.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Gotcha, Silenka. Tho yeah, I'm still willing to offer those guest passes to anyone here who hates ads and would like to watch it in higher quality than NicoNico. No strings attached, and I'm not selling these; this is just to help folks out. Mind they only last 48 hours but for a try out it is worth it. Me and my brother have gotten some really good use out of premium on CR. (He's been a member for 3-4 years now? If I move out I'm paying for it!)

Just pm me. first 4 to do it get codes.

Zombie Apocalypse Princess

BG Level

I checked out that website, the only other Japanese voice actor who is mentioned having passed away is Malachite's. There isn't anything posted for Sailor Star Fighter, though that was from a really long time ago, iirc.

When I was watching the episode, I got halfway through before I realized the subtitles were off >_> I didn't hear anything that sounded like a reason as to why Mamoru was dressed all fancy... Not that I was hoping for his old purple-pants-black-shirt-green-coat ensemble.

I just realized that the worst part about this new series is that there is going to be a ton of new SM merchandise out there that I'm going to need to not buy for myself. D: I still have a bunch of the moon scepters, transformation brooches, sticker cards/trading cards, etc safely tucked away in a large waterproof plastic container...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast