Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 60 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Delve 2.0 discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    Recent damage or something definitely affects Wail's damage. This is a Ravenous Wail while I was holding it on Red Mage, and no one was damaging it. No Stoneskin, only Phalanx.

I can confirm this as well. My group was never able to pinpoint if it was damage as a whole (which I doubt), or if certain damage types boosted certain TP moves. This was testing done near release, so no logs still remain to my knowledge. If you spam Dia1 you do almost nothing, and you'll notice his moves (can't remember if all, we had a pld holding it though so physical moves would be skewed with ochain) do significantly less.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Recent damage or something definitely affects Wail's damage. This is a Ravenous Wail while I was holding it on Red Mage, and no one was damaging it. No Stoneskin, only Phalanx.

Should've slept it on RDM =P

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

some people mentioned amount of damage dealt between TP moves.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Sounds similar to Assailer Chariot's version of discoid

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

for people running with multiple melee: Vex (magic accuracy down) and Attunement (Magic Evasion up) makes your melees resist charm. (were done with idris, dunno how potent it is with dunna only, but so far charm failed to stick now everytime). It also makes amensia fail to stick or if it sticks its duration is very very short.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    for people running with multiple melee: Vex (magic accuracy down) and Attunement (Magic Evasion up) makes your melees resist charm. (were done with idris, dunno how potent it is with dunna only, but so far charm failed to stick now everytime). It also makes amensia fail to stick or if it sticks its duration is very very short.
    did you try this on tree or lion? wonder how potent it is. would be sick to be flash/para free on those two lol, along with an assortment of awful ailments

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Karizo View Post
    did you try this on tree or lion? wonder how potent it is. would be sick to be flash/para free on those two lol, along with an assortment of awful ailments
    nah only on the belladonna, dont see para or blind being much an issue with a yagrush whm. Charm however can be if its spammed. the para from kumhau is an aura anyway, so i doubt that one can be resisted.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Karizo View Post
    Flash would be unlikely to get full resists but lower durations should be possible. Good test would be how well are RUNs able to avoid those ailments

Campaign
    BG Level

RUN was already tested against Hyoshya and it resisted charm quite often but not 100%. I remember an old test, dunno if it was posted here or on FFXIAH

Campaign
    BG Level

Asking in here even if slightly OT since it's a move that a Delve 1 NM has as well.
    I'm talking about Sundering Snip, a normal Craklaw TP move.
    It hit me for 1900ish damage today, normally damage is nowhere close to that.

How is damage of that move calculated? What it depends on? I want to understand how I could receive so much damage.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Asking in here even if slightly OT since it's a move that a Delve 1 NM has as well.

How is damage of that move calculated? What it depends on? I want to understand how I could receive so much damage.
    did the carklaw bestow defense down on you with some of its normal melee hits?

Campaign
    BG Level

No clue, I just read the damage from the battle log =/
    That might have been the reason then I guess, I thought he could only bestow mdef down

Relic Shield
    BG Level

What would the chances of Vex and Attunement making Toji's weakness move from landing do you guys think?

Working as intended.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Okay, while I'm sure everyone has beaten it all by now, here's my advanced findings (stuff that's not on BGWiki yet) about all the Delve II bosses and area mechanics. First up is Marjami Ravine. I'll post the others as I get into more and more botched runs of them.

Before I start, let me note a general observation about the areas. The "dreadful energy" effect in Marjami appears to be a combat skill boost (means you block/parry/guard less and eat more criticals). In Kamihr, it's not a buff. Rather, each time the energy emanates, all mobs instantly use a TP move, regardless of TP. The effect is not displaced in the event that a mob is passive at the given interval. In Yorcia, it's exactly what you'd predict: All mobs get a defense boost (eyeball estimation is DEF doubles for thirty seconds). At this time, I'm not sure if the energy effects go off each time that the boss performs scripted uses of its state-shifting move like they did in Delve I. (Yes, it really works this way in Delve I. Go test it on Dakuwaqa by checking for Ice Spikes on the adds each time he uses Carcharian Verve.) Regardless, you hear the state-shifting move animation sound effect (specific to each Delve area and boss) each time you get the message (listen for Hurkan/Cailimh's cawing).

Firstly in terms of NM's, let me talk about Podarge. I have CONFIRMED by duoing her SCH and PLD that what causes Ravenous Wail damage to increase is having a disproportionate amount of one type of damage (either physical or magical--breath is lumped into one of these most likely as it is with the craklaw and matamata). Thank you to Tychefm of Bahamut for sticking it out with my noob ass. Neither of us had scherzo and Ravenous Wail never hit above 800 DMG. I'm currently working on a Podarge solo on PLD now for my YouTube channel in which I eat every Ravenous Wail.

In conclusion, the damage from Ravenous Wail seems to be calculated from a RATIO of one damage type against the other. This would explain why after a wipe, that one hit a reraised RNG does causes the next Wail to become fatal. This must be due to a 1:0 ratio (obviously corrected to avoid division by zero) multiplying the damage that Wail can do to its maximum value (effectively, multiplying by "infinity"). Also, Ravenous Wail's damage is BREATH damage. The element I am unsure of. Regardless, that means that hrotti is your friend.

The battle mechanics of Cailimh I've noted are as follows:

-Aura state triggered by Crashing Thunder, used always as the first TP move (TP permitting) and may be used randomly after the aura has been dropped. Cailimh does not favor this move and may only use it once.
    -While the aura is in effect, Cailimh will exclusively use Static Prison as its only TP move and cast Thunder-based nukes. Cailimh will also gain a silent (non-dispellable) potency effect, a critical hit damage boost, and magic attack boost that gradually increases as its HP drops. All physical damage dealt to Cailimh while the aura is up is cut by 50%.
    -Aura dropped by dealing a certain amount of magically burst earth damage (seems to be around 2500, but likely varies with number of people). This means that a /RUN tank can probably do the trick with Lunge, obviously by using it many times. The damage does NOT need to be in one shot. It can be spread out.
    -Two of Cailimh's three auto-attacks are magical. The swooping auto auto-attack (single-target, low chance to stun subject to magic accuracy) and the circular flight (radius of effect) are magical. The dive where he attempts to hit you (single-target) with his talons is physical and is by far the most dangerous in the aura state. It will almost always score a critical and can deal upwards of 600 DMG at low HP after all buffs have been stripped. Also, it's a given that you will not block it due to the aura's avoidance down effect. With the aura down, it's not uncommon for all three of these attacks to do zeros to a well-geared Aegis PLD.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    What would the chances of Vex and Attunement making Toji's weakness move from landing do you guys think?
    Zero. The weakness isn't subject to any form of accuracy. It's unconditional and cannot even be resisted with gear like the flawless ribbon or the hearty earring. Even if you had magic shield or Perfect Defense/Asylum up, you'd still get the weakness from Incinerating Lahar.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

k thank you sephiran

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Thanks a ton for spending the time to test all of that, quite a few things I didn't know about.

Working as intended.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post

Sundering Snip is a throat stab using water-elemantal magical damage and subject to magic evasion and MDT/MDB. Like Hededet's Hell Scissors, the move appears to occasionally spike over your current HP. On SCH with Barwater up, this move rarely ever deals near-fatal or fatal damage to me. In fact, it general takes only about half my HP or less. Of course, you are probably wondering, "How the hell is a non-mage, non-RUN, non-Aegis PLD supposed to live through that consistently?" Well, you aren't supposed to get hit at all. The move has a range of about two to three yalms. You are supposed to run from it (or just back-step from it) to avoid it completely. This can also be done with Rending Deluge to a lesser extent.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiran View Post
    Sundering Snip is a throat stab using water-elemantal magical damage and subject to magic evasion and MDT/MDB.
    Kinda explains why with 3 Water Runes and Vallation I was getting hit for shit damage. I was sure it was a physical move instead.
    Good to know!

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiran View Post
    Also, Ravenous Wail's damage is BREATH damage. The element I am unsure of. Regardless, that means that hrotti is your friend.
    Breath damage? Not Magic damage?
    How come that Vallation (with the right runes) on RUN main seems to be working so good against Ravenous Wail then? That was kinda suggesting a specific element and magic damage to me.

Thanks for sharing all your other findings btw, good stuff.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

breaths still have an elemental association.

Campaign
    BG Level

Yes and that would be affected by the high amounts of elemental defense RUN gets from Barspell and 3x Runes of the same type.
    But it would make Vallation's reduction completely useless since it's just MDT, unless... I dunno, unless vallation is special and works for Breath damage too but I don't think that's the case.