BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 60 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 LastLast

Thread: Delve 2.0 discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The only job information that he mentioned is that he is not a monk. Not sure where you got that he's asking for information for melees.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Alright, so reading a little more of this thread (not reading all 58 pages >.>) and I'm kinda interested in some Marjami melee strat. My main is THF (very well geared, aside from augmented skirmish gear I'm not throwing gil at atm) and I have a GEO dualbox. Can I bring the GEO and do attunement/vex and lol @ boss similar to D avatars? And for a non-tank run how would you handle apkallu? One post I read in here stating just throw one melee at a time at Harpy and I can see that working (2 or 3 melee in the group, though?) and the first 3 NM's are the easiest trio of the new delves so I'm not too worried about that (vex still probably good to use on t3 though).

I've used the GEO spells to good effect in a few fights, but the server still generally uses GEO as a bard "replacement" so I'm a bit lacking in where to utilize the +def, -attack and mageva/magacc moves, where can they fall in for delve fights?

Relic Horn
    BG Level

If you have 119 gear and remove marjami megaboss aura quickly he is tame as a kitty.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lyramion View Post
    If you have 119 gear and remove marjami megaboss aura quickly he is tame as a kitty.
    And that requires a MB'd Stone spell of a certain damage? Any stone damage but MB helps? What spells to utilize on GEO with/without aura?

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Yeah, it needs to be a magic burst. We never bothered with GEO on our melee Marjami runs. Just tossed piercers at boss and took aura down quickly.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Kanriel View Post
    And for a non-tank run how would you handle apkallu?
    For Apkallu, I've found using Geo-Wilt is very effective for managing his attacks. You might still want to wear a PDT set though, it's been a while so I forget how hard he hit me on THF. Subbing RUN is a big help too since his water spikes become very painful if you don't resist them.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Kanriel View Post
    And that requires a MB'd Stone spell of a certain damage? Any stone damage but MB helps? What spells to utilize on GEO with/without aura?
    We did Marjami last night with a BLM and no GEO. BLM couldn't break the aura with any non-MB Stone or MB'd Stone III, but broke every time with MB'd Stone V/-ja

Relic Shield
    BG Level

So I just have to hope my GEO's gear is good enough, excellent. Think I'll run with two GEO's as that seems easier for me to acquire and the other GEO I'd bring is a main BLM with solid MAB/Macc sets. Thanks for all the advice, guys.

Working as intended.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    I doubt he has that because he is asking about melee jobs and most PLD wouldn't survive against the Harpy.
    A Priwen PLD is better off against Podarge than an Ochain PLD.

Think about it.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Think about what? I didn't mention Ochain at all.

Working as intended.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Think about what? I didn't mention Ochain at all.
    The common perception is that a PLD with Aegis or Ochain is superior to one with Priwen. Yet, of the three, only Priwen contributes towards breath damage taken. Wail isn't hard to survive. Assuming you are not balancing the damage (as per the mechanics I mentioned earlier in this thread), which is a fair assumption in the RNG-PLD T1~T5 setup, you can ensure you live through Wail by keeping scherzo up (and reporting when it drops from Shrieking Gale to the bard in a timely fashion) in addition to tanking with as much BDT as you can muster. Basically, dust off the old hrotti.

Generally, I have seen my worst Wails deal exactly 4500 DMG. It would not surprise me if that is the hard cap on its damage. If it is, you can live through it with scherzo and some BDT.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Do you have to have beat all of delve 2 in order to buy the yggrette crystal?

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/8797/p-yggrete-crystal

"Appeared on my list only after winning all 6 delve runs."

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

well that's lame.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    well that's lame.
    Please explain !

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

He's building Idris or something and doesn't have all 3 delve II wins? That's what it sounds like.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Well that would be pretty unique.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Probably a mule.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Actually it's my main and it's an Epeolatry. And yeah haven't had a solid ls that does stuff for awhile now so missing a win or 2. Now if I had been building Idris probably would have those wins as everyone seems to want geo lol. Then again from the shouts I've seen hardly anyone does T2 delve and most of them seem to be scrubs

First invited, last in the zone.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Actually it's my main and it's an Epeolatry. And yeah haven't had a solid ls that does stuff for awhile now so missing a win or 2. Now if I had been building Idris probably would have those wins as everyone seems to want geo lol. Then again from the shouts I've seen hardly anyone does T2 delve and most of them seem to be scrubs
    In my LS, Tree gets done a lot (or at least did before Nouveau skirmish), bird every once in a while and lion basically never. You probably aren't seeing many shouts because they are harder for scrubs.