BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 60 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast

Thread: Delve 2.0 discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rehn View Post
    Just did Yorcia T3 for the lulz (Morseiu).

Has exceptional endrain effect as health goes down (up to 1560) that counts as part of the damage. So a double attack can kill a melee instantly if both hits connect. Went as MNK/WAR WHM BRD to merit some and decided to pop to see how it is. Melee/NIN should be able to do this easily. Had a special move called Infaunal Flop (below 50%?) that did slow/weight/HP and MP down (by 50%).

Seems very easy otherwise if you can overcome the mega endrain effect.

EDIT: Elegy landed after 2 tries, slow took a few immunobreak, but para seemed to landed easily. It really wasn't that special outside of what I said above. No noticeable -dt or anything.

EDIT2: 2nd try I got floored at 2% by a random 2533 endrain. All snapweed moves removes shadows
    must scale with something other than missing HP, in an alliance of 18 the drain only did around 300 to me (on MNK) seconds before he died.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I can confirm that it scales with hp%. Drains were hitting me anywhere from 1500-2.2k <10%. You may have stumbled across its gimmick which I suspect would nerf its drain dmg.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

wonder if /run with lux up + vallation would have a noticeable affect.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Hitou View Post
    wonder if /run with lux up + vallation would have a noticeable affect.
    It might though drain effects typically aren't effected by mdt which that is somewhat like. Though the greater resistance would certainly help

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistrianna Galanodel
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

So just trying to sum this up so far but not certain about some of what it known. Correct me if I am wrong on anything,

Marjami
    t1 Colibri - Has -90% DT unless its casting. Reflects spells in aoe forms.
    t2 bats - multiple bats that share hate with main and all TP at same time
    t3 tulfaire - chainspells and spams a lame TP move that locks your gear
    t4 apkallu - watery poison spikes that seem to get worse for unknown reasons
    t5 harpy - likes to one shot ppl in range of TP moves unless you nuke the crap out of her with ice?

Yorcia
    t1 - blind it and its PDT goes away, but gains massive MDT
    t2 treant - weak vs fire, absorbs water. something about dmg immunities at times?
    t3 snapweed - endrain that gets stronger as it dies
    t4 chloris - with super evasion and aoe sleep + hate reset
    t5 morta clone - does conal charm. if she Full Blooms when ppl charmed she kills one (or all?) charmed players in range and recovers 20% HP.

Kamhir
    t1 Raaz - Levels Up! with each use of Zealous Snort. Gains massive -DT effects that seem to reset if !! is triggered. !! triggered by unknown means?
    t2 Gnole - takes bonus dmg from light. Gets massive DT when 1r animation occurs. Light and Dark Skillchains might possibly trigger !! resetting its DT?
    t3 Couerl - can death gaze (i never seen it in like 5-6 kills myself) that just goes squish. Is there a gimmick to this mob or just easy to kill?
    t4 Ovim - shifts damage resistances based on last TP move used. Does this mob has access to more than just Great Bleat, the Steam move and Berserk?
    t5 Yztarg - will Level Up! based on taking dmg or being affected by JA/Spells of certain elements? Dark damage rather effective against this NM.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Alistrianna View Post
    Marjami
    t1 Colibri - Has -90% DT unless its casting. Reflects spells in aoe forms.
    t4 apkallu - watery poison spikes that seem to get worse for unknown reasons
    t5 harpy - likes to one shot ppl in range of TP moves unless you nuke the crap out of her with ice?
    T1- accurate
    T4- accurate, havent found a way to reduce them, rangers seem to be the way to go
    T5- false, blizzard nuking was proven false. One time I fought it, we had one surviving monk fight it alone while everyone unweakened all TP moves dealt double digit damage. No one was debuffing or nuking on it, so thats not the culprit. Unless theres an implication that damage dealt over a certain amount of time will raise its TP damage, and dealing ice damage to it will lower it.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistrianna Galanodel
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

a bunch of friends did it today and said the ice dmg thing worked until she gained access to Shriek. The penguin, when I did it 2 days ago we wiped cuz of spikes cuz we used lots of melee. Changed up jobs (smn, rngs and melee mix) then spikes were only doing 30-50 @ low health. At a loss on the penguin gimmick though.

EDIT: As far as the harpy goes, the group that did it used a metric fuckton of SMN spamming Heavenly Strike and said her TP damage was low the entire fight.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    It might though drain effects typically aren't effected by mdt which that is somewhat like. Though the greater resistance would certainly help
    Actually, magical drains are affected by MDT; it's MDB that they ignore.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

water spikes was never a problem when I fought apkallu, it was the crazy damage on wing whirl and 20' sleep on whiteout. the poison was actually slightly helpful, for the DDs who are too stupid to realize you can avoid yawn (and frigid shuffle, but poison doesn't help there) just by turning around

also, the chloris in yorcia does get fatal scream at very low HP. never seen it above 10%

Quote Originally Posted by Kidnoftle View Post
    I can confirm that it scales with hp%. Drains were hitting me anywhere from 1500-2.2k <10%. You may have stumbled across its gimmick which I suspect would nerf its drain dmg.
    was a pickup group so there was absolutely no strategy involved, just 18 people (mostly melee DDs) going all out. maybe it scales with time, instead? or perhaps it's active enfeebles on the player, it spams them and the WHMs didn't cure shit.

fought it several times (can confirm it drops that new SMN cape) and never once was somebody significantly hurt by drain, I just thought it had Blood Weapon because it was in the range of its normal attack damage

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    Actually, magical drains are affected by MDT; it's MDB that they ignore.
    If that's the case aegis it up

Old Merits
    BG Level

Don't see why its necessary, killed it in 2m6s with MNK SAM BRD BRD WHM. Last drain on the sam (no cureskin up) was for 164 damage. Didn't do anything special during fight, dia elegy and probably several incidental light skillchains

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Maybe doing something specific triggers the incredibly high drain damage, like how magic damage gives Perdurable Raptor it's boosted attack speed and triple attack rate?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Fake View Post
    Don't see why its necessary, killed it in 2m6s with MNK SAM BRD BRD WHM. Last drain on the sam (no cureskin up) was for 164 damage. Didn't do anything special during fight, dia elegy and probably several incidental light skillchains
    Just saying because someone else got hit by much higher dmg. Geez you'd think we'd learn by now that not everyones delve NM experience is the same especially before we figure out it's idiosyncracies

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Artsieq Hose Path C Rank 15 - MAB+25 MEva+10 PDT-5%

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Just did Yztarg, a bunch of people multiboxing

I think the setup was (bracketed number denotes multiboxer)
    RNG(1) BRD(1) WHM(1) COR
    PLD(2) MNK(2) WHM(2) SCH(3) THF(4)
    RNG(3) RNG(4) WHM(4) GEO(3) COR BRD(was afk)

Only saw 1 lvl up when cor dia2'd it, we were blasting light skillchains on it otherwise and no lvlup were observed from those. So it doesnt seem like its strictly "light damage causes level up".

Has anything not been resistant/immune to stun so far?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

lol no. So far I think its a minority of groups that got huge drains? I fought it only once and It never put anyone in yellow. I use MNKx2 WHM BRD , we spam light skill chains, might be why?

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Yorcia
    t5 morta clone - does conal charm. if she Full Blooms when ppl charmed she kills one (or all?) charmed players in range and recovers 20% HP.

Kamhir
    t1 Raaz - Levels Up! with each use of Zealous Snort. Gains massive -DT effects that seem to reset if !! is triggered. !! triggered by unknown means?
    t4 Ovim - shifts damage resistances based on last TP move used. Does this mob has access to more than just Great Bleat, the Steam move and Berserk?
    yorcia t5 Hyoscya: Full Bloom only ever ate one person for our group and healed itself for 10% of its hp. Distance from it didnt seem to matter, just ate whichever was closest it seemed.

kamihr t1 smns said diabolos' Night Terror was doing decent 200-400 damage. noticed drg's jump was also getting unresisted

t4 ram has access to all ram moves plus the Steam one that did aoe 500ish damage and burn effect.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

a bunch of friends did it today and said the ice dmg thing worked until she gained access to Shriek. The penguin, when I did it 2 days ago we wiped cuz of spikes cuz we used lots of melee. Changed up jobs (smn, rngs and melee mix) then spikes were only doing 30-50 @ low health. At a loss on the penguin gimmick though.

EDIT: As far as the harpy goes, the group that did it used a metric fuckton of SMN spamming Heavenly Strike and said her TP damage was low the entire fight.
    i noticed firenukes being the only nuke doing 250 dmg the rest did 50 dmg. i think fire nukes would remove waterspikes. need to test tough. something along the line of vaporizing the waterspikes.

Except in FFXI water is strong to fire, so maybe vaporize with lightning?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    i noticed firenukes being the only nuke doing 250 dmg the rest did 50 dmg. i think fire nukes would remove waterspikes. need to test tough. something along the line of vaporizing the waterspikes.
    Only fought him twice, but I spammed fire the whole time with the assumption of Frigid Shuffle making him aligned to ice, or something like that. I didn't notice it do anything really beneficial at all, he still spammed his TP moves and spikes were still annoying, but manageable. As you mentioned, it seemed to resist less, and I had the same experience, though idk what that may mean.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 60 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast