+ Reply to Thread
    green jellybean
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Spelling RPG App for kids -- Looking for feedback

We just released an App for iOS and Android called Letter Battle

http://letter-battle.com/

If people who have (or know) kids want to check it out and post feedback, would greatly appreciate it. We're trying for a softer launch so we can fix some things before having it reviewed.

Thanks!

It looks like an interesting concept with clean execution and charming characters, wish you the best on luck.

I don't have any kids around to check on their impressions, but I can give you one piece of advice. Try to look out for a pubblisher, even if its requests are a little harsh in terms of sharing / revenues.
    Reason being both stores (Apple & Google) are so massively flooded with hundreds of different applications, both good and terrible, that visibility has become a major issue for any independent studio. And no matter how interesting your app is, if no one knows it's there, that's a big issue.

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

0.99c?!?

Absurd!

I'll buy it and let my 6 year old have a run at it and tell you what she thinks.

green jellybean
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Thanks for your input! The .99 price is introductory, we are planning on adjusting later.

We are currently at GDC and have been showing it off at our booth, trying to get initial impressions. We are hoping to do an update based on feedback before we send it for the press etc...

We are exploring options to market the game, not sure if selling it to a publisher would be viable for our goals -- but who knows!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

What a great idea! I'm going to mention this to my brother for his daughter. Another cool one would be the same style, but for math stuff. Or even have it as an add-on or something

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Looks more interesting then most games on the App store

Even for an adult lol

Banned.

BG Level

My son just turned three so it's a bit early for him but will dl to have him try when he's a bit older. Looks really cool. As an aside, rata can use this to not look like sling blade when he posts. Wins all around.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

lol

green jellybean
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

We've posted an update for Android, and iOS update will be going live soon -- addresses a lot of feedback we've received including some of the audio issues. We did get a lot of comments about using the app to teach ESL so who knows what we'll end up doing.

Again if people have comments let me know