+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    blax n gunz
    BG Level

Incredibles 2 (June 15, 2018)

Brad Bird is returning to direct a sequel to the best Pixar film.

Today at the Walt Disney Company’s annual shareholders meeting, Disney CEO Bob Iger ran through their upcoming slate of movies for the next few years. After barreling through live-action films, Iger turned to Pixar making some surprising announcements.

A sequel to “The Incredibles” is in the works at Pixar. No further details were given, other than to say director Brad Bird is back for “The Incredibles 2″
    This is unlikely to come out before 2017 due to Finding Dory's production. There's some other unimportant trash in the linked article but whatever.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

All of my money... etc.

I was just about to post, best news of the day.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Omgomgomgomgomg!!! So excited!! Thank you for making my day!

Banned.

BG Level

Best pixar film, get out.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Wall-e. Up. Toy Stories. Monster's Inc.

Not even close to their best movie. Not really a huge fan of Pixar jumping on all the sequel trains. Would much rather have new movies like the Dinosaur one.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

It's not the best, but it's definitely a good one. Looking forward to this sequel more than the Nemo one.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Not really a huge fan of Pixar jumping on all the sequel trains. Would much rather have new movies like the Dinosaur one.
    This.

Incredibles was one movie they did that after I saw it, I wanted to know when the next one was coming out, I cannot say that for many of the others. It should have been done years ago.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I could have swore Wreck-It-Ralph was a Pixar movie, but turns out nope, it was Walt Disney Animation Studios. So technically I am gonna say Incredibles is still the best Pixar movie.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Takiwaki View Post
    Incredibles was one movie they did that after I saw it, I wanted to know when the next one was coming out, I cannot say that for many of the others. It should have been done years ago.
    Should've at least gotten a tv series out of it.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

What the fuck is wrong with me that I am just learning this NOW!?!?!?!?! The Incredibles is my absolute favorite Pixar movie. Hands down. With Brad Bird back, this is going to be epic. E P I C.

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Definitely looking forward to this.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Wait, I thought I'd read it was only going to be a 3D remake or w/e of the first.. it's actually a sequel? Awesome.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    Wait, I thought I'd read it was only going to be a 3D remake or w/e of the first.. it's actually a sequel? Awesome.
    Both, http://www.firstshowing.net/2014/pix...d-ratatouille/

Samuel L. Jackson confirms Lucius Best/Frozone will be back
    Disney’s annual meeting for shareholders brought some much-awaited news in 2014, as the company announced that The Incredibles 2 is actively being developed, after a decade of writer/director Brad Bird expressing his interest in making the sequel one day (should a great idea come to him), but not much else. As with all Pixar sequels, there’s a question of whether the imaginative computer-animation studio would be better off exploring a never-before-seen world, rather than revisiting familiar territory, but for now the general attitude towards a new adventure with the Incredibles is quite positive.

Bird is currently working on the Incredibles 2 script, though he’s not yet confirmed to direct the film. However, with the exception of the 1987 sci-fi flick *batteries not included (which Bird worked on long before his feature directing days), the filmmaker has ended up directing every movie screenplay that he’s collaborated on. Which is to say, chances are good that Bird will take the helm on Incredibles 2, once he finishes post-production on his upcoming live-action sci-fi/fantasy adventure for the Mouse House, titled Tomorrowland.

It’s much too early to expect any concrete plot details to be leaked for the Incredibles sequel yet, though in an interview last week with Digital Spy - as part of his promotional tour for Captain America: The Winter Soldier – Samuel L. Jackson revealed that his character from the first movie, Lucius Best/Frozone (whose super-power allows him to freeze water and moisture) will be included in the proceedings:

Every time I run into Brad [Bird, director] he always tells me Frozone is part of what’s going on [in the sequel], so I have to believe that. I guess they could be the Incredibles without Frozone, but I think Frozone would be a wonderful addition to what’s already there.
    Jackson then added, “I’m just looking forward to seeing what Jack-Jack turned into,” in reference to the youngest member of the Incredibles clan (see the image below) – who, during the original movie’s conclusion and in the spinoff short “Jack-Jack Attack”, was revealed to posses a rather strange (and non-specific) collection of super-abilities.

One possibility speculated by our editors on the Screen Rant Underground Podcast is that the Incredibles sequel will pick-up in real time after the first movie, similar to the approach that Pixar took when it released Toy Story 3 eleven years after the second Toy Story installment. That would mean that Incredibles 2 could feature older versions of all the characters from the first movie, making it feasible that Mr. and Mrs. Incredible, along with Frozone, will have all either permanently retired their superhero personas or are near to doing so, while a teenage Jack-Jack is just coming into his own.

That Frozone will return for Incredibles 2 - regardless of what shape the story ultimately takes – makes sense, given how the character was integral to the manner in which that film establishes what life is like for the remaining superheroes outside the Incredibles clan in the first movie – to mention nothing of Lucius’ popularity with fans and Jackson’s real-life working relationship with Disney. Much like it makes sense for Gill (Willem Dafoe) to come back in the upcoming Finding Nemo sequel Finding Dory, it’ll be fun to see how Frozone fits into the larger puzzle that is Bird’s latest team-up collaboration with Pixar.
    http://screenrant.com/incredibles-2-frozone-jackson/
    http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/new...oA66vq6ztwJOCm

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

See? This is already starting off on the right track!

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Release date announced!

http://deadline.com/2015/10/ant-man-...ey-1201570867/

On the Pixar front, Disney that The Incredibles 2 is now dated for June 21, 2019, and Cars 3 is now set for June 16, 2017. The previously untitled November 22, 2017 Pixar pic now has a name: Coco. Toy Story 4, which had been slotted for that June 2017 date taken by Cars 3, is moving back a year to June 15, 2018.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Fffffuuuuuuuuk the waaaaaiiiiiitt!

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Son of a Qwark! I was looking forward to that. I love the Incredibles!

Betcha this isn't the only time it's pushed back. Next, it'll be because of Finding Nemo 2, Up 2 (a prequel), and then a three-parter of Monsters Inc. Babies (plays along the lines of the Muppet Babies cartoon show).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast