1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 7 hours, 28 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 16 hours, 31 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 0 hours, 28 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 9 hours, 31 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Hiryo View Post
    Slycer's doing God's work on BG.

So many people said SE wouldn't shuffle drops around so drastically but this is becoming a pretty interesting concept.
    Thank god people aren't SE devs, or we'd have a very fucked up game on our hands. The problem with people is that they never have insight into the future of development, so they always languish on what's going to happen within the next month or few months. Yoshi and co probably had this mindset on how to do tomestones for a couple of years now.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Pls no f2p :/

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Speaking of new cities, I can't remember now but when did they said they would be releasing Ishgard?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Zzsark View Post
    Speaking of new cities, I can't remember now but when did they said they would be releasing Ishgard?
    I want to say the last we've heard of it, it was "in the first expansion".

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

As far as I can recall it's 3.0/expansion we get Ishgard

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Another home run, Slycer, and christ, Yoshi gets it so much. Not afraid to learn from and take from rivals, and not afraid to praise them as well, but still has his own vision and direction. I'm a huge fan of his the more he speaks, and its great that he speaks so much.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Another home run, Slycer, and christ, Yoshi gets it so much. Not afraid to learn from and take from rivals, and not afraid to praise them as well, but still has his own vision and direction. I'm a huge fan of his the more he speaks, and its great that he speaks so much.
    He really is a breath of fresh air. You can literally make predictions about upcoming patches based on what he says in interviews, because he's so transparent about what he and his team are working on. Tanaka, on the other hand, would make bold declarations, and then come up way short (or late, very late... for example Cait Sith is just now being added, 3 years later after it's annoucement) in FFXI. He also doesn't subscribe to the old ways that lagged FFXI behind other MMOs.

I can see this dude becoming the CEO of Square-Enix in about 5-10 years, based on his successes with this game.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lyn Tah'row
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    He really is a breath of fresh air. You can literally make predictions about upcoming patches based on what he says in interviews, because he's so transparent about what he and his team are working on. Tanaka, on the other hand, would make bold declarations, and then come up way short (or late, very late... for example Cait Sith is just now being added, 3 years later after it's annoucement) in FFXI. He also doesn't subscribe to the old ways that lagged FFXI behind other MMOs.

I can see this dude becoming the CEO of Square-Enix in about 5-10 years, based on his successes with this game.
    Yeah, I hate hopping on the Yoshida Jesus bandwagon, and we obviously can't always agree with how he does things, but I definitely sneak on for a short ride when he acts like a game developer in these interviews (as opposed to a PR manager or an accountant).

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airewen Moonflower
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by AidenCarby View Post
    Pls no f2p :/
    It is not a matter of if, but a matter of when. Yoshida already talked about F2P a couple of years ago (in two separate interviews) if I recall correctly. As it stands; from the 660 MMORPGs in the western market, only 9 of those currently operate using the P2P business model exclusively. 4 of those have or will have a cash shop on top of the P2P.

6 of those MMOs were released prior to 2005. From 2005-present only 3 MMOs (released during that time frame) use the P2P business model. One might ask what happened to all the other MMORPGs that started out using the P2P model? Well they either closed down, went F2P, or in most cases went F2P + P2W.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I feel like items that correspond to Allagan Tomestones of Philosophy will basically be a waste after this patch. How are you dealing with that?

Yoshida: After the patch, you won't obtain Philosophy anywhere - it will be replaced with Mythology. There will be a NPC available which allows you to exchange currency at a predetermined rate.

What will happen to Darklight equipment which you were able to obtain for Philosophy?

Yoshida: It will be changed to a normal dungeon drop. It will drop in the dungeons which are added to the high level roulette. Instanced dungeons will have equipment at level 70, Crystal Tower will be level 80, and Turns 1-5 of Bahamut Coil as well as mythology gear will be level 90. The increase in item level should lead to growth on the main job. When we raise the level cap with an expansion and add additional dungeons and field area, that will lead to overall character growth.

Increasing the item level is just one direction, though, we also need to increase the breadth of items available at each level, which we plan to address in the future.
    Curious if the costs for Philo mats will still be as they are (but paid with Myth instead), or reduced. In the event "philo" mats are still used in new synths.

Also when they say "replaced with Mythology", I wonder if that's on top of existing Myth. Like if WP would give 130 myth per clear (100 philo + 30 myth).

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

They should keep any i70 i80 i??? craft items exclusive to treasure hunts, I feel like that content is just sitting idly on the side, it has some nice cosmetic pets but I don't know really that many that even do treasure hunts, they were kinda popular 1-2 weeks after the launch but then it just dive bombed.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Curious if the costs for Philo mats will still be as they are (but paid with Myth instead), or reduced. In the event "philo" mats are still used in new synths.

Also when they say "replaced with Mythology", I wonder if that's on top of existing Myth. Like if WP would give 130 myth per clear (100 philo + 30 myth).
    Naively optimistic hope is that it shifts from 100philo/30myth to 100myth/30soldiery.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    They should keep any i70 i80 i??? craft items exclusive to treasure hunts, I feel like that content is just sitting idly on the side, it has some nice cosmetic pets but I don't know really that many that even do treasure hunts, they were kinda popular 1-2 weeks after the launch but then it just dive bombed.
    You obviously don't have a FC going for/or has a house. We spammed Peists for money for the House, now everyone is soloing Toads and Goats for Buttons/Oils for crafting housing items.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post

if Phil:Myth conversion is 5:1, it would be more like 50 Myth 10 Soldiers for WP.

Township and the new HMs might be 150/200 Myth 30/40 Soldier

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    You obviously don't have a FC going for/or has a house. We spammed Peists for money for the House, now everyone is soloing Toads and Goats for Buttons/Oils for crafting housing items.
    The last FC I was in kept crying and begging their members for money until they bought a small house and then they lost all interest in the game and handed leadership off, that new leadership said fuck it and I think disbanded said FC lol, idk I left shortly before they made their decision because I couldn't stomach the bads anymore that blame everything on lag when really it falls on incompetence.

Reins translation

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...=1#post1961638

notable things

GW: What is Zodiac Weapon System?

Y: It’s relic upgrade, it’s pretty hard. But it’s not hard as in content being hard, it requires rare drops, and it’s the type that takes some time to complete. There isn’t any restrictions on obtaining but I believe it’ll be hard. It’s harder than the current relic, but there are different stages so I believe it’ll be easy to set up a goal for them. It’s not something that ends in patch 2.2, we will continue to do this in 2.25 and 2.3. It will take couple patches to complete, in the end the looks will also change. In the past I have been calling this the “Excalibur” system. In the end you’ll be able to modify the parameters as well. Currently, for weapons you have weapons you can obtain from hard difficulty content such as Bahamut’s Coil and those weapons where you can get from Alagan Tomestone, it was these two methods till now, but now we have the 3rd option which will take a long time to complete. Players can choose from these three types.
    GW: How far out are you scoping for this development?

Y: I am looking up till the expansion which I’m calling 3.0. The name of dungeons, amount of dungeons, and the end contents that’s coming after Great Labyrinth of Bahamut, the theme is already decided and we started the level designing. I’m thinking about 2 years. Right now the overall development has accomplished as planned for 2.0’s completion, so I’m telling them that they need to put in what they can. Instead of making everything for 2.3, decide on their own if they can release it earlier. Frontline is also being worked on a lot, I’m planning to talk about the progress on the 21st’s Letter Live. Might feel like “when did they have time to make this?” (laugh). for 3.0 we already have the new towns mockup done, we’re working into the details, we already decided on the amount of fields and the theme as well, some of the arts are already done and ready to go into building mockups.
    We have lots of stuff put into 3.0, and we’re working towards the last of 2.x series so please look forward to it.
    So will there be a 2.4? I know it was mentioned way back in 2011 but it seems things have changed

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

I mean this in the nicest possible way but Slycer's English skills are leagues above Reinheart's. I can't read the quoted without a headache.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Takiwaki View Post
    Reins translation

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...=1#post1961638

notable things

So will there be a 2.4? I know it was mentioned way back in 2011 but it seems things have changed
    What's your question? Do you think because they only talked about 2.3 (the next major patch) that we will jump straight from 2.3 to 3.0 and have no content after June 2014 until 3.0 launches in 2015?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    What's your question? Do you think because they only talked about 2.3 (the next major patch) that we will jump straight from 2.3 to 3.0 and have no content after June 2014 until 3.0 launches in 2015?
    Sure, why do you think 3.0 is in june 2015?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

As I recall he mentioned 3.0 being about a year (year and a half?) after launch. My memory is fuzzy. Thinking there won't be a patch in September (2.4) is kinda silly.

March (3) + 3 months (what they've been doing between patches so far) = 6 (June) = 2.3

June (6) + 3 = September (9) 2.4