Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    That's what you think now, but years from now her family will laugh as they tell the story of your first Christmas together and how they all thought you were a fuck up. That's what in-laws do.
    oh it was on full blast all weekend. but the ways I fucked up were funny.

First and most memorably, we were chatting and her parents mentioned their anniversary was this weekend. after a pause I said "speaking of weddings" and got up to get the pictures from the wedding I met my GF at. No one else knew that's what I was doing, though, so you can imagine their reaction.

Later, I spilled ranch dressing all over myself.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Was pretty funny for me sad for the GF

She put a blueberry muffin in a ziploc bag in her lunch bad yesterday, and the lunch bag was on the counter

Today we wake up the ziploc is teared up on the ground and the muffin is gone

Cat ate it . But she saw that just before she left for work, it was suppose to be her 'breakfast' lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Customer comes in to destroy her tax records I notice some mtg cards in with them. She doesn't care about them so take them out. Mostly trash but a few worth a buck or 2 and I see an older one worth about $30 score.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Won 250 on a 20 dollar scratcher. Fail though is I've gone to two gas stations that don't have the cash to pay me.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    Won 250 on a 20 dollar scratcher. Fail though is I've gone to two gas stations that don't have the cash to pay me.
    Try to avoid a gas station for a bigger payout like this, that sign that says they keep less than $50 in the drawer is legit. A grocery/liquor store should have it for you though.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

FiL got the kids an electric piano (still going to get a real one at some point as this one is a 61 key one). My fingers are cramped, and my back is killing me, but God did it feel good to play on that thing for like four hours straight.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Try to avoid a gas station for a bigger payout like this, that sign that says they keep less than $50 in the drawer is legit. A grocery/liquor store should have it for you though.
    Yeah I'm hitting up a Safeway before I start doing uber in a bit and see if I can cash it there. It was bad luck as both of them just changed over their tills in the last hour

BG Level

i work on new year's day, which sounds like a fail but i'll be making double time and a half. please bear with me while i cry all the way to the bank.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Noticed I got paid 8 hours holiday pay for Sat. Dec. 24th for a day I already normally have off but no complaints! I'm also off work for 9 days now WOOHOO!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Halo top on sale for $4.5/pint... and they expanding the amount of shelf space they stock with it by like 3x. No more always out of everything but birthday cake woot

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Halo top on sale for $4.5/pint... and they expanding the amount of shelf space they stock with it by like 3x. No more always out of everything but birthday cake woot
    o hell yes fam

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

holy shit like first time in like 2 decades that I've been able to actually stay asleep past 8am and first time able to really stay in bed past 11 am without fully waking up outside of when working mids or weird 12 on 24 off schedules where I don't go to bed till like 9am. Could've slept longer but felt it was time to get up and look at the clock and it's fucking 2pm. I'm not sure if I'm sick or I just got the most amazing sleep but I'm taking it

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by mallister View Post
    i work on new year's day, which sounds like a fail but i'll be making double time and a half. please bear with me while i cry all the way to the bank.
    Me too, but I work new years day evening. So being paid to watch basically four movies as everything is closed for my corporation.

Also, money from parents for new years. Gotta love tradition!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I had a fun NYE without getting shitty or spending too much on booze so I'm happy.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Online class stuff is due on Sundays. Thought I got one week of for Xmas so just went to look at the homework that's due today and saw that I have this week off, too! W00t for laziness.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I had a GIANT wasp land on my hand today but he flew off peacefully instead of stinging me. I think 2017 is gonna be alright, fam.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Astylla View Post
    Noticed I got paid 8 hours holiday pay for Sat. Dec. 24th for a day I already normally have off but no complaints!
    That's how my company does holiday pay. You get it whether you were scheduled or not.

I had a GIANT wasp land on my hand today but he flew off peacefully instead of stinging me. I think 2017 is gonna be alright, fam.
    He was just marking you so he and his homies can swarm you later. Better bunker down, dood.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Quote Originally Posted by FNH View Post
    That's how my company does holiday pay. You get it whether you were scheduled or not.
    us too. as long as you work your scheduled shift (basically no unexcused absence- excused like vacation counts as not scheduled) the day before and after the holiday, you get time and a half as if you'd worked, though it doesn't count for your 40 for OT... and then you can sign up to actually work the holiday, which if it's not part of your normal 40, can ALSO be time and a half. add in weekend/shift differentials and you can end up making ~$50/hr.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

After the services for my father-in-law, wife and I made a mad dash up to Vermont before a snow storm was going to hit up there Thursday. We got 16" of snow or so. Decided to spend the day being lazy, hiked into the woods in our snow gear with some beer and sat in the storm.

Made it up to The Alchemist brewery on Saturday. Got there around 10:20 am, just after the parking lot was supposed to open, but before they would open for sales. Saw a guy walking out with beer and immediately got excited. In and out in 3 minutes; no waiting in line.

Got home Sunday and had the day off yesterday. Bought myself a PS4 slim for Christmas with part of my bonus. Had to help the wife clean, though, cause she was on a tear and was trying to do some work to distract herself. Got to play 2 hours or so of Last Of Us, have some green, and drink a Crusher before I had to start making dinner.

This morning blows chunks.