Closed Thread
Page 429 of 486 FirstFirst ... 379 419 427 428 429 430 431 439 479 ... LastLast
    I like to eat food
    BG Level

MisterWives is the name of the band. Their single that was premiered yesterday, and released today, is called "Machine." They also have have an EP called Reflections and their first album was called Our Own House.

They're an Idie Pop band so I doubt many people on here will like them. To be honest, they are more Pop than I like, but it's a friend's band so you have to support them. They're also getting less Pop-y with this second album which is a welcome change for me. They've got a good horn player and a sax player in addition to the standard drum/guitar/bass set up. Co-workers were curious so I played the single. One said they were like a Pop-y No Doubt with the horns in the back.

Here's the single:

I knew that name sounded familiar. There was a remix of one of their songs a few years back that I listened to for a while called Reflections milkman remix (edm shit). The original is alright too. But yeah, they're not bad.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

That's cool. I didn't realize anyone was remixing their stuff.

They've done some "session" recordings for various music outlets and some covers for things. One of their covers was Chance the Rapper's Same Drugs which was interesting.

Their shows are fun though. When they're in NYC our friend usually sets 4 tickets aside for us and another friend and his wife so we can go see the shows. Sometimes that involves a VIP area and open bar which is pretty great.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Regarding liver failure and alcoholics we get people low to mid 20s all the time in fantastic shape who are in failure or going into it or have cirrhosis or other major issues and are pretty dead soon.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Regarding liver failure and alcoholics we get people low to mid 20s all the time in fantastic shape who are in failure or going into it or have cirrhosis or other major issues and are pretty dead soon.
    Yep. It's a sneaky fucker usually too.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

the only difference between CS now and CS dying from alcohol poisoning alone and penniless will be that CS is dead.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    I don't mind, but my tolerance is too high to help you.

Once I gave blood, had 12 shots of tequila, had the ambulance called on me, told them fuck you, and then went to a hotel party afterwards, I determined that I'm immune to alcohol lol
    As a fellow alcoholic, the worst part of alcoholism is your tolerance. I can easily finish a 1.75l bottle of Jack Daniels in one sitting. I'd stop if possible if I were you. I spent a few years growing a dependence on alcohol just to sleep that I still struggle with til this day.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You all forget that he never cleans the bowl he eats out of. It's not that he has an amazing alcohol tolerance but that the space demon parasite living inside his digestive system is drinking all the booze

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

We used to eat this weed when we were growing up. My dad would wash it and put it in salads, or we'd eat it straight up. He always called it "rigla," which I assumed was the Arabic for whatever it was. Today it pipedy up on a friend's fb feed as purslane. So now I actually know what it's called. Haven't eaten it in forever, though.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Got a job offer from Samsung. Might be headed to austin as a technician soon if I don't get an offer from another job I'm going to interview for tomorrow.

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    As a fellow alcoholic, the worst part of alcoholism is your tolerance. I can easily finish a 1.75l bottle of Jack Daniels in one sitting. I'd stop if possible if I were you. I spent a few years growing a dependence on alcohol just to sleep that I still struggle with til this day.
    I feel that way with craft beer right now. Over the last 18 months my tolerance is through the roof. I started realizing it because I noticed the following day how obnoxious I was on Discord and also I stopped getting hangovers. I don't really have the "buzzed" portion of drinking anymore. It will be sober to semi feeling the effects of alcohol to knowing I'm super fucked up. Cook some food and then pass out. I've put on a ton of weight because I can do five to seven 10% ABV beers with ease and those run 240-350 calories each. Top that off with drunk dinner that's probably 1000+ calories and here I am super overweight.

I've been experimenting with drinking liquor on rocks. I'm not a whiskey person. Scotch is ok, but I really go for spiced rum. The problem is, I'll do half a 750ml of 92 proof spiced rum (Sugar Island. Good stuff!) to be "satisfied". I think it's because I've had too much time on my hands. I'm starting a new job that's going to give me the most responsibilities I've ever had. I hope to be overwhelmed with work and be less dependent on drinking.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Drink vodka like an adult.

Rum is just as bad as craft beer.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    I feel that way with craft beer right now. Over the last 18 months my tolerance is through the roof. I started realizing it because I noticed the following day how obnoxious I was on Discord and also I stopped getting hangovers. I don't really have the "buzzed" portion of drinking anymore. It will be sober to semi feeling the effects of alcohol to knowing I'm super fucked up. Cook some food and then pass out. I've put on a ton of weight because I can do five to seven 10% ABV beers with ease and those run 240-350 calories each. Top that off with drunk dinner that's probably 1000+ calories and here I am super overweight.
    While it certainly wont help the root problem... here's something to help you get drunk not fat. Basically figures out how many of the calories are coming from alcohol and ranks them. Also does carbs too

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

That website is fucking cancer. Jesus. Let's Capitalize Every Word To Seem Right.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Well all the whisky, bourbon, and scotch is near the top so they're doing something right.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    Drink vodka like an adult.

Rum is just as bad as craft beer.
    I'm not sure why, but clear liquor and I do not get along. But, in fairness I've never had a quality vodka unless you count Ciroc, but that was red berry (friend bought it). Tequila is an automatic no. The highest quality gin I've had is Beefeater. Silver rum is an auto no as well.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Drink Tito's.

Done.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Vodka: Belvedere (#1) or Grey Goose (#2).

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    Drink Tito's.

Done.
    Rocks or with a splash of carbonated water and/or real lemon/lime juice?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Zet's right though. Vodka is the tits for getting your buzz on. Cheap, no strong taste so can mix with all kinds of things or even just plain, strong enough to do the job without many calories or much of an alcohol taste