BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Since we're talking drinks and calories I'm just going to ask here because google will give a mix of answers. Just how bad is MIO health wise for a person?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Wait like water flavoring? Other than general bleh about artificial sweeteners why would it be bad for your health?

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

MIO is disgusting. Just put soda water and a slice of lime in there.

You are now an adult.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Wait like water flavoring? Other than general bleh about artificial sweeteners why would it be bad for your health?
    I had heard from a coworker a few years back that it had literal anti-freeze (trace amounts). You know how the internet is though. One day it's this, the next it's that, etc. Never found anything concrete saying water flavoring is detrimental to health though. I love drinking water but sometimes like to have the flavor without the calories. I do not drink soda. Also, I had bought a rum that wasn't very tasty on it's own so I would put a small amount of the tropical fusion MIO and it was great.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

If I had the money I'd probably drink cognac. I freaking love Courvoisier.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

I drink flavored seltzer, lemonade, iced tea, or water as far as non-alcoholic beverages go.

Seltzer is like $.80 for a 1L bottle or cheaper if you get it on sale or your store brand is decent.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    I drink flavored seltzer, lemonade, iced tea, or water as far as non-alcoholic beverages go.

Seltzer is like $.80 for a 1L bottle or cheaper if you get it on sale or your store brand is decent.
    We make tea at home using tea bags and then adding honey, a small amount of cane sugar, and lemon. It tastes so much better than any store bought. Seltzer for store bought here is usually under a dollar and yes it's a good change of pace. My wife can't stand it though.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    We make tea at home using tea bags and then adding honey, a small amount of cane sugar, and lemon. It tastes so much better than any store bought. Seltzer for store bought here is usually under a dollar and yes it's a good change of pace. My wife can't stand it though.
    My wife makes iced tea sometimes as well, but I usually just buy Newman's Own because it doesn't have all the weird crap in it and it tastes good.

More seltzer for you, then.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I had heard from a coworker a few years back that it had literal anti-freeze (trace amounts). You know how the internet is though. One day it's this, the next it's that, etc. Never found anything concrete saying water flavoring is detrimental to health though. I love drinking water but sometimes like to have the flavor without the calories. I do not drink soda. Also, I had bought a rum that wasn't very tasty on it's own so I would put a small amount of the tropical fusion MIO and it was great.
    Technically speaking yes it does have the same thing that is in anti-freeze. And yes in real amounts is pretty bad. But you'll also find similar things around sucralose and Aspartame. Mostly what I've generally seen on these studies are either the standard faux medical sites, studies that use ridiculous levels you'd never consume, or show as far as we know to be generally safe. If really worried could use something non sweet flavoring, actually sugar or idk lolstevia? Hmmm rum and tropical sounds good.

If I had the money I'd probably drink cognac. I freaking love Courvoisier.
    My man. I'm a Grand Marnier man myself. Partly cause it's pretty cheap at Costco and sometimes on sale too. But also love the flavors (they actually cognac liqueurs)

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    My wife makes iced tea sometimes as well, but I usually just buy Newman's Own because it doesn't have all the weird crap in it and it tastes good.
    Our bromance continues to blossom.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So just got a bill reminder from my phone and it's like $50 cheaper than it's been for quiet a while. Which is interesting considering they actually raised it by $5 a few months ago for some reason that will now bug me and make be go back and look why. I'm hoping this wont end up in the fail section soon

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

So just got a bill reminder from my phone and it's like $50 cheaper than it's been for quiet a while. Which is interesting considering they actually raised it by $5 a few months ago for some reason that will now bug me and make be go back and look why. I'm hoping this wont end up in the fail section soon
    were you on the monthly payment plan for your device? might have paid it off

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    Yeah, sounds like that's the case.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Do people really do payment plans for phones? Naw bought it. Also that was over 4 years ago doubt they'd have a 4 year payment plan when they want you to upgrade in 2. Though it was one of those comes with a data/phone plan things to make it slightly cheaper so maybe that's it? If that's the case holy fuck that's crazy cause 4 years of $50 more is way more than the entire cost of the phone let alone the like $200 they knocked off the price

I like to eat food
    BG Level

I'm on a payment plan for my phone. No interest so it costs the same in the long run.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Do people really do payment plans for phones? Naw bought it outright. Also that was over 4 years ago doubt they'd have a 4 year payment plan when they want you to upgrade in 2
    I assume people do because there are hundreds of millions of people in America and not all of them are paying 700 dollars up front for a phone. In fact, this reason is why wireless carriers no longer offer subsidies with a two year contract. To take advantage of the very people who do not have the disposable income to pay full price. Crazy huh?!

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    Drink vodka like an adult.

Rum is just as bad as craft beer.
    Vodka was a drink for the youths growing up, the "adult" stuff was always Cognac, Scotch, Whiskey, Brandy etc...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I assume people do because there are hundreds of millions of people in America and not all of them are paying 700 dollars up front for a phone. In fact, this reason is why wireless carriers no longer offer subsidies with a two year contract. To take advantage of the very people who do not have the disposable income to pay full price. Crazy huh?!
    I just mean it's not exactly a huge ticket item and if you can afford a payment plan you can afford saving up a couple of months. And if it takes you longer than that/is a huge ticket item for you wtf you buying a $700 phone there plenty of cheaper out. Put that shit on Layaway!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The secret is to stay on the family plan as long as you possibly can and everyone upgrades at the same time to get the most discounts. I've proudly been rocking the family plan with my parents and brother for 12 years or so, and we all get new phones every 2 years or so. It's the best.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Been so lucky this vacation. Ridiculously sunny in DC. Just got into Chicago and it's also warm for February. Meanwhile I'm looking for at LA weather and it's been cold and rainy. It's bizzaro weather I tell ya.