BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    wtf that is insane how can anyone with more than one or two cards be expected to remember their credit limit. I have like 50+k in credit across a few cards and have no idea which ones are 10 racks and which ones are 12 racks. that is absurd and you should fire your bank
    We actually had to make a list to keep track of interest and limits so when we burn through a zero Apr or reward period we can bounce to another for a bit.

Just got a new travel with no apr on purchases for a year, bonus on miles first few months and we're booking two vacations on it lol. Mexico for one debating other, need a beach in mid-late September for a week but haven't settled yet. Little worried about hurricane season in Jamaica/punta cana/Lucia and worried about spiders in Costa Rica. Adeje feels like a trap.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

If you go when it's cheap, there's usually a reason.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    We actually had to make a list to keep track of interest and limits so when we burn through a zero Apr or reward period we can bounce to another for a bit.

Just got a new travel with no apr on purchases for a year, bonus on miles first few months and we're booking two vacations on it lol. Mexico for one debating other, need a beach in mid-late September for a week but haven't settled yet. Little worried about hurricane season in Jamaica/punta cana/Lucia and worried about spiders in Costa Rica. Adeje feels like a trap.
    Wife and I went to Costa Rica in Oct as part of our honeymoon. Was really great. It's their slow season so there was nobody on the beach and we had the bar/restaurant down the beach to ourselves. Did zip-lining, hiking, and that kind of stuff too. Was still warm and we had some really nice days. I believe it's supposed to be the tail end of their rainy season; their "summer" starts in December or something.

We went to Mexico after that and I will probably never go back to Mexico. Costa Rica I will absolutely go back to if given the opportunity.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I saw a pic of a spider in a hotel room, at a nice hotel, and said nope.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

I didn't see any spiders while I was there. We got bit by ants or something on the beach at night. Saw poisonous snakes, various frogs, a sloth, toucans, hummingbirds, butterflies and other shit in the forests on hikes, though.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Listen there is at least one spider there and it was the size of my head it's not happening.

Maybe the other coast though, we're you Pacific or Gulf?

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Pacific. We stayed in Guanacaste near Playa Hermosa.

When I went to DR there was a large spider in our room. My little brother ran out of the room screaming to the bar across the street where my parents were. I had to help my dad kill it with my brothers beach shovel. We didn't tell him we used his stuff to kill it otherwise he would have probably cried.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Fuck I was looking at DR too guess I'm staying home.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

A good place to go is europe if you don't mind the terrorists

I like to eat food
    BG Level

I'm not looking to go back to DR either, tbh. We stayed in Puerto Plata, not Punta Cana. I know a lot of people like going to Punta Cana.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    I saw a pic of a spider in a hotel room, at a nice hotel, and said nope.
    Should forward it to Ragns

I like to eat food
    BG Level

I've only been to London, Amsterdam, Dublin, and Donegal (where my family lives in Ireland), but I'd go back to those places. Amsterdam felt a little like a tourist trap, but there were good parks, museums, and bars. Didn't do anything fancy because I went there after college as a broke kid.

BG Level

you should try the parts that know how to cook

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Go to Seoul!

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    you should try the parts that know how to cook
    Was this directed towards me?

Wife and I have a few places we want to head over to, including France, Spain, and Denmark. Just trying to get a house now so we're saving pennies.

BG Level

Spain is the neatest not-America place on earth and France is p tremendous outside of Paris. i'm actually going to be driving from Normandy to Burgundy the first week of May, cannot wait.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Spain is the neatest not-America place on earth and France is p tremendous outside of Paris. i'm actually going to be driving from Normandy to Burgundy the first week of May, cannot wait.
    F u paris is incredible

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Spain is the neatest not-America place on earth and France is p tremendous outside of Paris. i'm going to be driving from Normandy to Burgundy the first week of May, cannot wait.
    One of my supers is from Spain and keeps telling me to go to his village. He said it's cheap as hell and the food and wine are delicious. I forget what the name of the town is though.

My college roommate's wife is from the south of France in the Basque area and keeps telling us to come with them in the summer for Fete de Bayonne (she's from the Bayonne area) and stay in her mom's place for free. We were thinking of going last summer, but decided it would put too much of a dent into our house funds. Plus we had 3 weddings to go to last year which put its own dent in our funds.

My wife spent time in Denmark in high school and college so she wants to go back and see friends and stuff. One of her friends came to NYC on a trip with other teachers from the school he works for and brought her a bunch of weird Danish shit she likes to eat. One of them was a Spam-like can of cod roe or something and three bottles of remoulade.

I want to go back to London because my roommate and I had an awesome time there on our trip. If we're in London and don't go see my family in Ireland I'll probably be disowned. Plus, they haven't met my wife because they never come to the States so we'll have to go there. The difference is that they live along the northwest coast and my uncle always catches fresh salmon whenever my family would visit. My aunt is an awesome cook. Free place to stay plus homemade, fresh food is a good draw.

When we have money again we'll probably try to hit one or two of these places before we start having kids. That's about as far as I can plan for now.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Yeah we were originally looking for all inclusive and staying under 3k (2500 would be lit) but I started looking at France and Spain again today both hotel and airbnb and we could easily get there and stay for 1500-2000 and just not be too crazy there. Nice was great, definitely considering going back or doing cannes/antibes, Spain for Ibiza or Playa de Muro.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Paris was fantastic. We basically lived there for 2 weeks and became locals. Then left that shit for the riviera and found our retirement home.