Closed Thread
Page 441 of 486 FirstFirst ... 391 431 439 440 441 442 443 451 ... LastLast
    Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by AidenCarby View Post
    they can't wait to put you in debt, lol
    Nah learned that lesson too late in life. Rebuilt my credit from absolutely shit last 2-3 years. Now on the verge of hitting 700+ credit score from barely 400 back then.

Discover was one of the few I've been trying to get and applied on a whim. I'm about to pay off all my personal debt left ( only about 7k) and keep it that way. I plan to use it for recurring subscriptions/cash back categories I would have used debit for and pay off as applicable since they now match your cash back the first year.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Thought this was going to be a fail.

Finally did our taxes today because we didn't want to give our money to the government so soon. Turns out we'll get $900 back between State and Federal.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

My new job overpayed me 2.5 hours overtime and I immediately brought it to their attention. They told me they'd get back to me about it and are considered it a "welcome bonus" since it was their error. Not complaining!

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

this will be a post about yuri-g's feelings and relationships. you have been warned.

Spoiler: show

so my two biggest problems are fear of abandonment/attachment issues and lack of self-worth (and these two problems feed into each other). together, that's a really shitty combo for relationships. at its worst, they become literally impossible. about six years ago, I began working on this stuff hardcore. everything I do in life, from school to working out and eating right to forcing myself to socialize, whatever it is, it's all intended to ameliorate those two issues. but when you've been entrenched in a way of thinking and emoting for several decades, change will happen slowly, and sometimes I feel like I'm not making any progress at all.

well this month I've been dating someone. saw him Wednesday. thursday we texted but he kinda dropped out of it suddenly for no reason. friday, I tried to text and he barely responded. ok, weird. today I put on my big-boy boots and just straight-up texted him "hey, I'd like to see you today. can I come over?" no fussy mind games, no passive-aggressiveness - very direct.

well that was seven hours ago. I haven't heard back yet. and this guy has already been a bit hot and cold with me before. add into that my abandonment issues and you can only imagine (no really, you can't) how fucking awful I've been feeling. it's like twenty years of bullshit comes rushing back all at once. not fun. I tried to talk to my best friend and she blew me off too. oh yay, I feel even better.

so why am I posting in the win thread? well first of all, I need to share this somewhere, and BG is a good dumping ground. I like you all but I only actually care about one of you (she knows who she is) and I figure at best, I get to share my feelings and feel better. at worst, I get some shitposts (you know who you are - bring it on). and I sure as fuck ain't putting this on facebook. second though, and more importantly - I'm ok, and I need to celebrate that fact.

I feel hurt, but I know why I feel hurt and I know I'm overreacting.
    I also know that on some level my reaction is legitimate - dude it's been a month. enough of this hot and cold nonsense. if a straight and direct message like "I'd like to see you, can we hang out?" isn't working for you then we have a problem.
    I also know that problems come up, and sometimes we can work through them while other times we can't. so I plan on bringing this up with him next time we talk, assuming he eventually reaches out to me. that may or may not help the situation, but there is enough good to this little thing we've been doing - I'm not ready to call it a relationship yet - that I'm willing to get over myself for a second and at least attempt to see if we can negotiate here. he doesn't know where I'm at, and I don't know where he is. maybe we can meet in the middle, maybe not.

so yeah. I've got a long ways to go with this shit. but god damn. instead of whining like a bitch, giving into the depression and moping about or - worse yet - clinging to him like mad, I did the right thing. I stepped back, reminded myself that we barely know each other, also reminded myself that I have no idea where he's at (this could be anything from "totally seeing someone else" all the way to "got in a horrible accident and is in the hospital" and anything in-between, anxiety or no I need to remember that). also - and most importantly - I reminded myself that I'm all kinds of worthy and don't need this guy one way or the other. maybe it will work out, maybe it won't, but either way I'm going to be ok. someone new will come along if this doesn't work.

so I ended up going to the bar, having a couple beers, not talking to anyone - some cute guys there but I'm really not in the mood - and now I'm home and I'm gonna get high and watch cartoons and feel ok. and I mean, yeah, this still #triggered me like crazy. I feel a really weird mix of sad and confused and relaxed and happy right now - it's strange. shit's not perfect, but I'll take it. and I'm going to keep working on this. it can only get better from here.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Nah dude, you're good now. That's how you do stuff. Fuck that dude for ghosting.

Good work, keep it up.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

MUCH BETTER.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

That's too long to read but they're right.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Random Win: The irl Fuck Ya thread

You're learning from BG. Just need creamsoda to take BG therapy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

You're moving in the right direction at least.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Yeah. Good on ya.

Also, obligatory shitpost.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Watching people in an Archer Facebook group I'm part of having an epic toddler level tantrum fit because people are not promising to not post spoilers of the new season that starts tomorrow, with one person demanding that no spoilers get posted until S8 is on Netflix next year.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

Sounds like how BG was for a bit

BG Level

just booked tix for a 19 day vacation along the French, Italian, and Grecian coasts. can't wait to blow this popsicle stand

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    just booked tix for a 19 day vacation along the French, Italian, and Grecian coasts. can't wait to blow this popsicle stand
    Nice. We booked our Spain trip this week too just debating on the flight and airport. Two outside the US trips a year is pretty nice.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    You ever been to south of France? Where you staying?

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Tyven we're pretty sure we're retiring or at least buying a summer home to rent out in Nice after that trip. It's literally the perfect place for us.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So walking to In N Out which is somewhat of a win in itself. And walking back half a block away in the intersection/sidewalk where I had just been I see a 3 car crash. If I had been a couple of minutes earlier or later I'd probably got hit by at least 1 car. Instead I get to accident watch

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I love when stuff like that happens (well, I mean it's shitty there was an accident). The other day I was getting ready to leave a parking lot, but I decided to pull over real quick to order some lunch. I do that and like 30 seconds later I'm back to leaving the parking lot, but a semi is in front of me now. He starts making his turn out of there when an SUV starts burning their tires and drives straight into him. Like wtf.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    You ever been to south of France? Where you staying?
    your fucking mom's room -l-o-l-

BG Level

but no yeah i lived out of Barcelona for a summer once and went frolicking along the Pyrenees and French Riviera whilst there. this time going with old school friends who have never been to Europe, finna rent a van and tour the French countryside from Normandy to Marseilles, then off to Cannes, Nice, Genoa, Pisa, Rome, Naples before jetting over to Athens and going island hopping.