FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

fucking yes, golden axe! my friend and i played the fuck out of that game but we werent very good. he was always the blue guy sword guy and i was always the green dwarf

I'm partial to the Dwarf myself. Wielded that axe like a boss.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Oh shit altered beast!

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Golden axe is amazing!!

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

holy shit, golden axe. red sword broad, all day every fucking day

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    This is where it's fucking at.

Fuck so many hours of Golden Axe and Altered Beast. I tried playing them like 2 years ago and I fucking suck now.
    Still nostalgia ftw.

Random win :

Came back in hearthstone game while in a Nyquil induced haze to beat someone who has 30 health to my 5. Fuck yeah. Then same dude got stuck in another game with me..killed him again.

In retrospect, this probably contributed to my favoring of female characters in games.

Altered Beast is the shit. "Riiiiiiiise from your grave"

My RCA cable comes in from Ebay on Monday. I'm hoping I don't have to do too much work to get it up and running. I'm itching for some Trampoline Terror and Golden Axe.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Got the okay from my supervisor to do a bright hair color I've been wanting to do for the last 20 years, so I have a hair appointment tomorrow to get my hair dip-dyed purple! I can't wait.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Aksannyi View Post
    Got the okay from my supervisor to do a bright hair color I've been wanting to do for the last 20 years, so I have a hair appointment tomorrow to get my hair dip-dyed purple! I can't wait.
    Wait, your employer can tell you what color you can dye your hair? I already have a "you can't tell me what to do" mentality when someone tells me I can't do something, so I would never ask permission from my employer to do anything in my personal life. I don't give a fuck what kind of "dress code" they have.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Acevalefor View Post
    Wait, your employer can tell you what color you can dye your hair?
    Maybe not, especially since our dress code is casual and we wear jeans almost every day, but I wouldn't feel comfortable doing it without at least making sure it wouldn't be an issue. And it isn't, though there are places I've worked where I've been told in no uncertain terms, "absolutely not." But this place is pretty cool, I show off my tattoos all the time and it's never an issue.

I'll be sure to post a selfie in the pic thread when it's done.

Wait, your employer can tell you what color you can dye your hair? I already have a "you can't tell me what to do" mentality when someone tells me I can't do something, so I would never ask permission from my employer to do anything in my personal life. I don't give a fuck what kind of "dress code" they have.
    + fucking 1.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Depends on where you work. My current employer, I can not have any visible tattoo's, no visible piercings, no long hair, no beards (medial or religious exemptions allowed) and hair has to be a natural color (no neon colors). My previous employer you could have your ears pierced or have visible tats, but you couldn't have any of those god awful ear spacer things, you had to cover those up with bandaids while at work. The more interaction you have with the public, typically the more restrictive an employer can be with how you look.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Some places seriously still just stigmatize it. Can't show your tats or piercings, or dye your hair, as Melena said. They think that if you have purple hair or an eyebrow piercing, somehow you're less of a worker or incapable of working in a professional setting. It's discriminatory bullshit, but it still happens quite a bit.

Seeing as I enjoy being able to pay my bills, I went with the "better safe than sorry" method.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

enjoy your non-professional career. it has nothing to do with them discriminating against you, it has everything to do with putting forth the image of a company that is strictly business, and employs people that have the same goal in mind, and are willing to do what it takes to get a job done. fucking washouts.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Most my jobs have had these restrictions , even my current one in which my interactions with the public are on a very rare occasion. Still we have to look professional.
    It's often outlined in the employee handbooks and regulations which also often state you can be terminated or written up for such "offenses".

I don't see the issues with the restrictions personally as if I don't agree with them , they would just tell me don't let the door hit you on the way out.
    I've seen instances like with Aks that if you ask , you will get either a compromise or refereed to the handbook you received at hiring lol.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

enjoy your non-professional career. it has nothing to do with them discriminating against you, it has everything to do with putting forth the image of a company that is strictly business, and employs people that have the same goal in mind, and are willing to do what it takes to get a job done. fucking washouts.
    I'm a college student working a dead-end job until I graduate, a job I have no interest in outside of the paycheck I get every week. A job where my interactions are strictly with the four people in my department with random (but infrequent) encounters in the halls on the way to the bathroom. Everyone here already knows that when I graduate I'm gone. When I enter the field I plan to work in, I will determine whether or not hair color matters. It (unfortunately) probably will, so I won't have it like that then. Fine. I'll dye my hair over summer vacations and dye it back before the school year starts up again in August.

This is exactly what I'm talking about though, hair color as a form of expression should not be a big deal, the same as the tattoos I have on my skin. I mean really. Hair color affects my work ethic or my ability to provide whatever services I am employed for? That's fucking dumb, from top to bottom.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

It's like you're posting from inside my head. You dress for the job you want, not the job you have. Personal appearance is included with that. Speaking from a position that is responsible for hiring new employees/garages if I walk into an interview and see a guy with a fauxhawk that's dyed green I'm already going to have a negative first impression. It's all about professionalism. I look at it this way. If whatever you're going to do makes you think "I wonder how my boss is going to react" it's probably a pretty safe assumption you shouldn't do it.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Which is why I
    fucking
    asked.

Thank you all for shitting on something that made me happy.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

This is exactly what I'm talking about though, hair color as a form of expression should not be a big deal, the same as the tattoos I have on my skin. I mean really. Hair color affects my work ethic or my ability to provide whatever services I am employed for? That's fucking dumb, from top to bottom.
    You know I love you Aks but this is a flat out naive comment. For the job you have now it's alright. I get it. It's a make ends meet job until graduation. But if you walk out into the workforce thinking people will look past appearance during an interview you are sadly mistaken.

Closed Thread
Page 52 of 486 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 ... LastLast