Closed Thread
Page 58 of 486 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 108 ... LastLast
    Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

Omg, so I thought I had lost a package (it was a gift) yesterday, and as soon as I walk out my manager hands it over. My day is saved. Praise be bb Jesus.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Pretty sure me and my co-worker stopped some roofied girl from getting raped tonight

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by AidenCarby View Post
    That's because most of them are retards and were art majors.
    Guilty... I'm a computer programmer for a mobile gaming company and have a fine arts major. Needless to say I don't tell anyone that at work.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Labor Day Weekend off, because I have more seniority than my boss.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    Pretty sure me and my co-worker stopped some roofied girl from getting raped tonight
    good on you. so what's it like getting roofied?

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

That's because most of them are retards and were art majors.
    Not really no. Actually most of the people I know who went to art school are working full time as artists. One is an illustrator and many of them work for game companies I also know several professional photographers who studied photography in school. The ones that I was thinking of studied biology or engineering or math or computer science, a lot of them work in restaurants or at construction companies etc.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Have a tough time believing an Engineering major, or a Bio major is having a rough time finding work.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Have a tough time believing an Engineering major, or a Bio major is having a rough time finding work.
    I never said they were having a rough time finding work. They choose to not work in a career directly related to their primary field of study. Nothing that I said ever had anything to do with having trouble finding work.

Sorry for the derail discussion.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by zoobernut View Post
    I disagree with this. I think this train of thought is what is systematically ruining college and devaluing a college education. Not only that but it makes college very intimidating for kids trying to figure out what they want to do for the rest of their lives. The large majority of people I know use the knowledge they gained in college in their careers and daily lives but they do NOT work in the industry that directly relates to their degree.
    You didn't say shit about them choosing, and if they choose not to work in the field they earned they're degree in and are making less money; they may as well have been art majors because they're just as retarded.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

You didn't say shit about them choosing, and if they choose not to work in the field they earned they're degree in and are making less money; they may as well have been art majors because they're just as retarded.
    This is an incredibly stupid post and it is full of all sorts of assumptions with no basis in reality. If you read my post it is pretty straight forward and easy to understand. I never made any indication of what kind of money they are making now vs. what kind of money they would be making in a different field either. Just more assumptions.

Also what kind of judgmental person are you to call someone else retarded because they choose a career for whatever their personal reasons are. Maybe they chose to do what they are doing because it makes them happier or it allows them to live somewhere that makes them happier or a million other reasons not related to money but are valid reasons to choose a particular field of work.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Earlier in the thread you disagreed with another poster when they stated that college is where you learn what will be the base of their professional career, yet I have no grip on reality lmao. Granted there are anomaly's to every situation, I don't know what to tell you if you believe otherwise.

Also, it's safe to assume that there is a discrepancy in pay rate, as an astounding amount of jobs that require a degree pay much more than those which don't(am I assuming that too?). That said, I have a tough time believing that someone working construction six months a year as an apprentice with no degree is making more money than an aerospace engineer with a bachelor's. Believe what you want, if it'll make you feel better.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

It isn't about belief it is about reality. The reality is that you are wrong and you made a lot of assumptions based on my post that were wrong. It is also about your belief that how much money you make is the only measure of if you have a good job or not or if someone is satisfied with their job which is also a false belief. It may be true for you personally but that doesn't make it true for the world at large. Also where did I mention working construction six months a year as an apprentice? I never mentioned that at all. I just said working construction.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

You mentioned construction, and I chose an instance of construction work, try to keep up.
    Amount of money normally translates into quality of life which often gauges ones satisfaction in life. I can't think of too many people who are happy while struggling to make ends meet. Keep claiming I'm wrong while being wrong lol, I'm done shitting up the thread so go ahead and have the last word.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

All I can say is that your attitude is very common amongst people that I have met in their early 20's who haven't been to the workforce yet. Making less money doesn't automatically mean people are struggling to make ends meet, you are grasping at straws and making assumptions again. It really doesn't matter if you think I am wrong I am not wrong because I never made any claims I simply talked about people that I know. These are real situations with real people.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Had Noah's first birthday party today. Ugh. I told my wife to just rent a room at the local pizza joint but she insisted on having it here. A thousand(yes 1k) dollars later the party is over. Went well. I might have even enjoyed it had I not known how much we spent. But all in all the fuck ya part is that we managed to keep a small human alive for a year despite not knowing wtf we were doing lol.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave View Post
    A thousand(yes 1k) dollars later the party is over.
    How the fuck did you manage that? Did you rent five bounce houses and a full clown car?

I agree with this about 90%, if it's anything core related absolutely but if it's a bullshit art history class or something that offers no value in the real world nor to my major; I'd be thrilled to not have to study and still do well in the class. But, since I'm not one of those types, I just study for everything :/
    I love Swedish education for this, most of my classes have been extremely relevant.

I disagree with this. I think this train of thought is what is systematically ruining college and devaluing a college education. Not only that but it makes college very intimidating for kids trying to figure out what they want to do for the rest of their lives. The large majority of people I know use the knowledge they gained in college in their careers and daily lives but they do NOT work in the industry that directly relates to their degree.
    The ones that I was thinking of studied biology or engineering or math or computer science, a lot of them work in restaurants or at construction companies etc.
    I believe you proved my point.

I had an autistic pupil once, he could read about three times as fast as a normal person, his math skills were impressive, he could program games. You know why? Because he was interested in it and learned it. Skills and knowledge don't just happen. You need to acquire them, by studying the subject in question. That doesn't mean you have to mindlessly repeat the same exercise over and over, read your school books, read other books on the subject, learn shit. You can never know too much.

You come across as either a kid in college or a looser, saying that certainly might make me come across as an asshole, but at least I'm aware of it.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Kohan View Post
    How the fuck did you manage that? Did you rent five bounce houses and a full clown car?
    As a former general manager of a family entertainment facility, I could see how quickly that could happen. I've had hundreds of parents over the years say how much easier it was to have us host their parties in both costs and clean up aspects.

Word of advice, always go with an outside venue to handle your bday needs for kids if you plan on inviting more than 4 kids. It will be less stressful and less of a headache in the long run (and yes, all places are overcharging and ripping you off).

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by IssacVS View Post
    As a former general manager of a family entertainment facility, I could see how quickly that could happen. I've had hundreds of parents over the years say how much easier it was to have us host their parties in both costs and clean up aspects.
    I definitely see how it can happen. Hourly charges for equipment, entertainers, sufficient food, plates and cutlery, and so on. It would get up there.

Me, though? Fuck that. Kids, you're getting a supermarket cake and a bucket of fake shit ice cream and you better fucking share. Now go play in the back yard and don't run around the neighborhood you little shits.

Quote Originally Posted by Kohan View Post
    This, the kid's one, not like he'll even remember the day, or even realize what's going on around him.
    America is so weird.
    Hope it was worth it I guess.

Closed Thread
Page 58 of 486 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 108 ... LastLast