Closed Thread
Page 417 of 486 FirstFirst ... 367 407 415 416 417 418 419 427 467 ... LastLast
    Caesar Salad
    BG Level

In my perspective, once the $ goes past a certain amount everything becomes an investment, investment in my happiness, security, etc. But that's just how I am, and I don't ever want to be as poor as I was when I was a child ever again.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

EDIT:

Fuck it, piss your money away.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    In my perspective, once the $ goes past a certain amount everything becomes an investment, investment in my happiness, security, etc. But that's just how I am, and I don't ever want to be as poor as I was when I was a child ever again.
    And that's totally fine. Just know that not everyone feels that way. I was not poor growing up, and my kids won't have to live poorly because I do it. So my experience is going to be different. I think everyone wants to emulate the good things about their childhood and change the bad things when it comes to their own kids. Having our timeshare was amazing for our family, so I want to do the same for my kids.

It should be emphasized that some of the money (not all) is recouped through having the kitchen. When we went (and when we go) we at breakfast at home and made lunches to bring to the parks, so only bought dinner there. Then of course, we didn't go everyday so would eat at home at other times, too, to save money. 1 meal at Disney for 4 is like $50, so that does help a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    EDIT:

Fuck it, piss your money away.
    As he said angrily on a forum for a game people pissed money away for years on pixel ridills! <3

But seriously, unless you want to show me how I can force myself to vacation at a place that is roomy with a kitchen for cheaper than the timeshare I am open to hear it (with specifics), but just saying it's bad because I can't sell it for a profit doesn't really help as that is not why I want to get one.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa

FFXI is an easily defensible financial decision. Dozens of hours of entertainment every month for the price of a cocktail? That efficiency level is rarely seen in entertainment.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa

FFXI is an easily defensible financial decision. Dozens of hours of entertainment every month for the price of a cocktail? That efficiency level is rarely seen in entertainment.
    idk dude, some people here spent most of their time in a room with flies. You can do that for free in the irl. I (All tongue-in-cheek anyways.)

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    And that's totally fine. Just know that not everyone feels that way. I was not poor growing up, and my kids won't have to live poorly because I do it. So my experience is going to be different. I think everyone wants to emulate the good things about their childhood and change the bad things when it comes to their own kids. Having our timeshare was amazing for our family, so I want to do the same for my kids.

It should be emphasized that some of the money (not all) is recouped through having the kitchen. When we went (and when we go) we at breakfast at home and made lunches to bring to the parks, so only bought dinner there. Then of course, we didn't go everyday so would eat at home at other times, too, to save money. 1 meal at Disney for 4 is like $50, so that does help a lot.

As he said angrily on a forum for a game people pissed money away for years on pixel ridills! <3

But seriously, unless you want to show me how I can force myself to vacation at a place that is roomy with a kitchen for cheaper than the timeshare I am open to hear it (with specifics), but just saying it's bad because I can't sell it for a profit doesn't really help as that is not why I want to get one.
    If you have to force yourself to go on vacation then I have no idea what to tell you. That's fuckin weird.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Lol at in here. Speaking of vacations.

So I'm dumping the cruise out of the equation because we could do all inclusive including flight at some of the best resorts in the world on the riviera maya or cancun for the same price. Also for 500 more we could somehow do the Maldives or Greece flight included and all inclusive. Here's hoping she lets me spring for that 5 hundo. It's not one of those huts in the water unfortunately but w/e.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Shame those water huts look baller

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Shame those water huts look baller
    They are there they just aren't your hotel room.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well I meant like staying in one. Then again I've always loved being on the water

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

All you have to do is search for suite in Orlando and you'll pull up hits on hotels with in-room kitchens. There is literally more available then you can count. Every time I go to Orlando I stay in a suite with a kitchen, and usually I stay for less then $50 a night.

If your hold up is a room with a kitchen then you're not trying hard enough if you can't find one in that area. You definitely don't need a timeshare, in fact using a timeshare is more expensive then most options. If you stay on Disney you at least get park/monorail benefits, but if you're not even getting that then idk what to tell you; you're just wasting money for lack of Google research.

Fwiw, when wanting to go on a budget, we stay at Celebration suites in Old Town, a short hop away from Disney. The added benefit is we're literally next to Old Town which has great shops and bars. Kids seem to love it, and there's a Fun Spot right next to Old Town that's like a mini adventure land. The suites are old as shit, but if your budget affords Disney timeshares there are of course other options. I concur though, those in-room kitchens are da bomb. Check out Vistana Villages, they have in room kitchens with out being a cheap hotel. They also do point system time share nonsense if that's your thing, and they're right down the road from that giant outlet mall and sea world.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

As you can tell I used to live in Orlando, and vacationed there regularly before and after I lived there lol.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Lol at in here. Speaking of vacations.

So I'm dumping the cruise out of the equation because we could do all inclusive including flight at some of the best resorts in the world on the riviera maya or cancun for the same price. Also for 500 more we could somehow do the Maldives or Greece flight included and all inclusive. Here's hoping she lets me spring for that 5 hundo. It's not one of those huts in the water unfortunately but w/e.
    Maldives bro. Get there before the ocean takes over.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Do Greece. Crazy history and really good food. Rhodes Island is one of the best kept secrets of the Mediterranean.

Avoid the latter unless you really want to. Maldives was voted like one of the worst place to resort at. The trip would be nothing but a novelty of having visited it before it sinks to the ocean. Also keep your pimp arm way strong cuz niggas be raping like crazy that part of the world.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

All you have to do is search for suite in Orlando and you'll pull up hits on hotels with in-room kitchens. There is literally more available then you can count. Every time I go to Orlando I stay in a suite with a kitchen, and usually I stay for less then $50 a night.

If your hold up is a room with a kitchen then you're not trying hard enough if you can't find one in that area. You definitely don't need a timeshare, in fact using a timeshare is more expensive then most options. If you stay on Disney you at least get park/monorail benefits, but if you're not even getting that then idk what to tell you; you're just wasting money for lack of Google research.

Fwiw, when wanting to go on a budget, we stay at Celebration suites in Old Town, a short hop away from Disney. The added benefit is we're literally next to Old Town which has great shops and bars. Kids seem to love it, and there's a Fun Spot right next to Old Town that's like a mini adventure land. The suites are old as shit, but if your budget affords Disney timeshares there are of course other options. I concur though, those in-room kitchens are da bomb. Check out Vistana Villages, they have in room kitchens with out being a cheap hotel. They also do point system time share nonsense if that's your thing, and they're right down the road from that giant outlet mall and sea world.
    And these are two bedroom villas/townhomes?

I want to stay at a vacation home, not a hotel.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Two+ bedroom, but yeah both are villas/hotels. Not "this is actually a house" type stuff. You have card readers and parking passes, if that makes it any clearer lol. They're still better than the majority of homes people live in (vistana is anyways), but yeah they're really high end hotels/timeshares with kitchens cause people caught on that eating out in Orlando for every meal is dumb.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Two+ bedroom, but yeah both are villas/hotels. Not "this is actually a house" type stuff. You have card readers and parking passes, if that makes it any clearer lol. They're still better than the majority of homes people live in (vistana is anyways), but yeah they're really high end hotels/timeshares with kitchens cause people caught on that eating out in Orlando for every meal is dumb.
    According to expedia, celebration villas would run me $1232 for the week, vistana is $1890 versus $800 for the timeshare. They are not good deals, sorry.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Girl you trying too hard in the wrong places. On the main website for celebration suites, a superior two bedroom suite that sleeps up to 10 during the week of July 4th, is only $145 a night. Expedia was even cheaper, so idk where you're getting your numbers from. Obviously idk when you're vacationing, but I doubt it's on a date more expensive than the week of the 4th.

I won't comment on Vistana, as when I would stay there it was on my dad's dime when he had an RCI timeshare. I wouldn't be surprised if it was at least 200+ a night, as it's fucking amazing. I never bring it up unless people want a benchmark for accommodations in Orlando; they are really just that memorable and amazing. If it wasn't for first hand knowledge of what these timeshares and hotels look like, I wouldn't even still be responding lol.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Girl you trying too hard in the wrong places. On the main website for celebration suites, a superior two bedroom suite that sleeps up to 10 during the week of July 4th, is only $145 a night. Expedia was even cheaper, so idk where you're getting your numbers from. Obviously idk when you're vacationing, but I doubt it's on a date more expensive than the week of the 4th.

I won't comment on Vistana, as when I would stay there it was on my dad's dime when he had an RCI timeshare. I wouldn't be surprised if it was at least 200+ a night, as it's fucking amazing. I never bring it up unless people want a benchmark for accommodations in Orlando; they are really just that memorable and amazing. If it wasn't for first hand knowledge of what these timeshares and hotels look like, I wouldn't even still be responding lol.
    That is their smaller 2 br, but let's do that one: They have a $11 dollar a day resort fee for that place. (145+11)*7=1092. So still almost $300 more than the timeshare.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Wait, 800 for the timeshare is for what? Is that what you're paying during your visit for cleaning or what not, or is that yearly?