+ Reply to Thread
Page 420 of 473 FirstFirst ... 370 410 418 419 420 421 422 430 470 ... LastLast
Results 8,381 to 8,400 of 9448
    You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Two+ bedroom, but yeah both are villas/hotels. Not "this is actually a house" type stuff. You have card readers and parking passes, if that makes it any clearer lol. They're still better than the majority of homes people live in (vistana is anyways), but yeah they're really high end hotels/timeshares with kitchens cause people caught on that eating out in Orlando for every meal is dumb.
    According to expedia, celebration villas would run me $1232 for the week, vistana is $1890 versus $800 for the timeshare. They are not good deals, sorry.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Girl you trying too hard in the wrong places. On the main website for celebration suites, a superior two bedroom suite that sleeps up to 10 during the week of July 4th, is only $145 a night. Expedia was even cheaper, so idk where you're getting your numbers from. Obviously idk when you're vacationing, but I doubt it's on a date more expensive than the week of the 4th.

I won't comment on Vistana, as when I would stay there it was on my dad's dime when he had an RCI timeshare. I wouldn't be surprised if it was at least 200+ a night, as it's fucking amazing. I never bring it up unless people want a benchmark for accommodations in Orlando; they are really just that memorable and amazing. If it wasn't for first hand knowledge of what these timeshares and hotels look like, I wouldn't even still be responding lol.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Girl you trying too hard in the wrong places. On the main website for celebration suites, a superior two bedroom suite that sleeps up to 10 during the week of July 4th, is only $145 a night. Expedia was even cheaper, so idk where you're getting your numbers from. Obviously idk when you're vacationing, but I doubt it's on a date more expensive than the week of the 4th.

I won't comment on Vistana, as when I would stay there it was on my dad's dime when he had an RCI timeshare. I wouldn't be surprised if it was at least 200+ a night, as it's fucking amazing. I never bring it up unless people want a benchmark for accommodations in Orlando; they are really just that memorable and amazing. If it wasn't for first hand knowledge of what these timeshares and hotels look like, I wouldn't even still be responding lol.
    That is their smaller 2 br, but let's do that one: They have a $11 dollar a day resort fee for that place. (145+11)*7=1092. So still almost $300 more than the timeshare.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Wait, 800 for the timeshare is for what? Is that what you're paying during your visit for cleaning or what not, or is that yearly?

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    Blog Entries

How much did you buy in for? How long ago was that?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Wait, 800 for the timeshare is for what? Is that what you're paying during your visit for cleaning or what not, or is that yearly?
    $800 is the yearly for the maint fee.

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    How much did you buy in for? How long ago was that?
    My deal didn't end up happening, but you can buy the deeds for a dollar from people trying to get rid of them, so yeah, the first year you are paying $801, then $800.

Note: Maint fees are different depending on where you go, so it takes awhile to find the right one. I probably won't be able to get one for awhile as I have to start looking again.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

For 1 week? Is the week set or flexible? And what are you paying when you get there?

$1 sounds too good to be true to buy in, while at the same time if it is true, why are they selling their $800 a year time share? I feel like I'm missing key information in something that everyone would do, but most people don't.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

They're selling their $800/yr timeshare for $1 because timeshares are fucking impossible to sell otherwise and families grow out of them.

It goes from being a slightly more affordable vacation location to being an $800/yr tax on you having tried to save money.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

For 1 week? Is the week set or flexible? And what are you paying when you get there?

$1 sounds too good to be true to buy in, while at the same time if it is true, why are they selling their $800 a year time share? I feel like I'm missing key information in something that everyone would do, but most people don't.
    Sounds like one of those free vacation offers. I mean sure occasionally you will find one that is more or less legit and awesome but most the time their is something not quite right

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Random Win: The irl Fuck Ya thread

The old saying "if it's too good to be true it probably is" definitely applies in this case. Honestly this is something that shouldn't be taken lightly and every pro/con including possible financial instability from both the state purchasing in and personal should be taken into consideration.

I know my husband and I have loosely discussed buying into Disney Vacation Club but it's agreed that will only happen after we are debt free which we are working towards and have a home first. We know several who own into it and it will likely fit our lifestyle well and would have the option to sell our points we don't use but in my example everything would need to align to make sense.

I think there's way better options as stated above but being flexible might be key. Also being aware what events are happening can greatly affect costs also.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

I;m tired of the timeshare talk!

Wifey is going away this weekend to help her preggo friend with starting up her friend's bakery and a bridal show with her. This means I get to drink beer and play video games ALL DAY. I'm going to be the smelliest neckbeard at the end of the weekend.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

The Smelliest Neckbeard sounds like it should be a children's book. Definitely a random win tho haha.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post

Wifey is going away this weekend to help her preggo friend with starting up her friend's bakery and a bridal show with her. This means I get to drink beer and play video games ALL DAY. I'm going to be the smelliest neckbeard at the end of the weekend.
    Enjoy it for all us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Isn't this what every weekend is for ? Besides laundry that is LOL. Sounds perfect to me!

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Astylla View Post
    Isn't this what every weekend is for ? Besides laundry that is LOL. Sounds perfect to me!
    Unfortunately it's not. It's usually a mix of visiting parents, helping friends, looking at houses, cleaning the apartment, picking up the yard, and whatever else I'm not thinking of. I don't get a full day of video games more than once every two months or more.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Unfortunately it's not. It's usually a mix of visiting parents, helping friends, looking at houses, cleaning the apartment, picking up the yard, and whatever else I'm not thinking of. I don't get a full day of video games more than once every two months or more.
    That just makes this more of a win for you man.

Also this thead is on page 420.

420noscopeblazeitup

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    They're selling their $800/yr timeshare for $1 because timeshares are fucking impossible to sell otherwise and families grow out of them.

It goes from being a slightly more affordable vacation location to being an $800/yr tax on you having tried to save money.

This. I know three people who bought them on resale (all under $1000), it's not a scam. People sell them for cheap because they don't want to pay the maint anymore. The $1 sales after the ones that people can't afford the payment this year and want to get out fast.

Go to sellmytimesharenow.com and just put a $1 for Orlando to see. Site is completely legitimate. The biggest complaints you'll read are from the sellers thinking their timeshare are worth more or upset on how long it takes to sell them.

The "biggest" fallback on buying resale is you won't get the perks they offer for the new sales. For example, wyndham has a perk that allows you to use extra points for travel and tickets. You can't use that perk if it is a resale. But the bottom line is you pay a buck and you get that week every year for w/e it's particular maint fee is.

I'm in the market for one in the summer (ideally July) and a $800 or less fee. They are hard to find but they pop up now and then. Just got to keep looking.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I thought we were done with the random fail in the random win thead.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Look at Ksandra, preying on the poor and unfortunate like a boss. As an American, buying someone's real estate for a buck is a win, no matter how you slice it.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    Blog Entries

Win of the day: Making jambalaya for D&D and find out I don't have to work in the office the rest of the week.

Pants off. Game on.