BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Scored an Asus RX 470 ROG Strix for $92 today!

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Tomorrow is the last day of my first week at my new job and I've apparently made a very good impression. It's weird being so low key and non corporate as it were , though I will likely occasionally be in the stores in the future just to gain more experience and product knowledge.

My main boss is satellite from Washington state but still makes visits down frequently enough including this week to help me get acclimated. There's a lot to learn but she was surprised when I was already doing the daily sales reports on my own and likes I take notes. I also met one of the owners and was told I made a very good impression which felt awesome.

It's way more laid back than I'm used to but it's not a bad thing. No formal dress code , no name tags to wear.
    It's definitely learn as you go but I think I'm catching on pretty well.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Today, a woman walked up to me, told me I was handsome, asked to take a selfie with me, and said "there are too many black people at my school." China is a fucking blast.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

so......

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I'm hoping you took that down.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyHobo View Post
    Today, a woman walked up to me, told me I was handsome, asked to take a selfie with me, and said "there are too many black people at my school." China is a fucking blast.
    Are you black?

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Homework for semester is finished. Off Cumadin. Taxes done. Vacation for summer planned. Decent week all around.

Professional Pixel Pusher
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

We were able to claim medical expenses from our fertility cycles on our income taxes so we're getting ~half of the costs from those procedures/medications back. We also have a provincial grant that we've put in for that may give us the rest or another decent portion back too.

We also switched to a pay as you go for our property taxes, so we have a nice chunk saved up for a rainy day, and maternity leave is actually paying enough for my wife's monthly expenses, so we didn't have to dip into our savings for the year.

Seems we've got some good stuff going for us financially.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Quote Originally Posted by AoE View Post
    Are you black?
    Not even a little bit. I'm as generic white as they come, but I have a decent full beard and I'm not in the standard tourist cities so I'm automatically exotic here. She was saying she was glad to see a white foreigner because she only sees black ones at her school.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

My local game store is breaking the street date on Mass Effect: Andromeda. Gonna pick it up when I get out of work. Despite some misgivings by others, I am still hype.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So my Safeway has been going ham on Halo Top. Added some more new flavors (oatmeal cookie, cookies N cream, s'mores and chocolate almond crunch) another couple shelfs to the point they get almost as much space as the big brands and on sale woot. Just a few months ago I had to hope to get the one or 2 non birthday cake flavors left and it was $6.99 and only at Whole foods now stores within walking distance of me have all 17 flavors and normal price is $5.69 but one store or the other usually is having a sale.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    So my Safeway has been going ham on Halo Top. Added some more new flavors (oatmeal cookie, cookies N cream, s'mores and chocolate almond crunch) another couple shelfs to the point they get almost as much space as the big brands and on sale woot. Just a few months ago I had to hope to get the one or 2 non birthday cake flavors left and it was $6.99 and only at Whole foods now stores within walking distance of me have all 17 flavors and normal price is $5.69 but one store or the other usually is having a sale.
    We have literally every flavor ever time I go now. My freezer is a fucking buffet.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    We have literally every flavor ever time I go now. My freezer is a fucking buffet.
    Seriously half my freezer is halo top lol. Been nice trying all the new flavors even if some aren't as good as others they still pretty good. Usually keep 4-5 different flavors in the freezer when before it was like 1-2 if I was lucky. Shit is crack

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    I know whose freezer I'm breaking into.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Saw At the Drive-in last night. Was a great show. Butcherettes are weird; mostly the lead singer Teri.

Played everything I wanted to hear and were on for 2 hrs or so. The place was PACKED on the floor. My friends and I went up to the third floor of the venue and snagged a spot on the railing. I'm getting too old for the moshing kids and zero personal space.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

New job is gong way better than I expected, finally making sense of all the processes individually to mesh together so I can be productive yay!

Checked my credit report the other day and noticed I had a credit limit increase reported on my Amazon store card ( +300) , okay cool! I opened it in December for a promo and it stays paid off but hey I'm all about the ratio help.

Then checking my AMEX balance yesterday so I can account to pay it off , noticed my available credit wasway off , as in way too much! Apparently they doubled my credit line on Wednesday! Only had the card about 6-7 months but almost always paid in full and on time. Also have seen random other cards increase though all store cards I rarely use and got for promos/or when my credit was barely 500. I'm really proud of the work I've put in to rebuild my credit. Feels damn good.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Raising credit limits is nice... but I really hate it when they do it without telling you. Actually had my bank do it then ask me what my limit was and tell me I must be an imposter because I didn't know my credit limit

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Raising credit limits is nice... but I really hate it when they do it without telling you. Actually had my bank do it then ask me what my limit was and tell me I must be an imposter because I didn't know my credit limit
    wtf that is insane how can anyone with more than one or two cards be expected to remember their credit limit. I have like 50+k in credit across a few cards and have no idea which ones are 10 racks and which ones are 12 racks. that is absurd and you should fire your bank

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    wtf that is insane how can anyone with more than one or two cards be expected to remember their credit limit. I have like 50+k in credit across a few cards and have no idea which ones are 10 racks and which ones are 12 racks. that is absurd and you should fire your bank
    idk was weird. I got them to increase my limit by like 10x though because of it

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

This is the third day of a cherry picker roaming around the extremely high ceiling of our office beeping loud enough to cause hearing loss.